Anyone proud of this loss?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to discount what you are saying, but youre highlighting what I am saying...

A good coach wouldnt wait around to find out. He would assume it was 4th down and proceed as such.

Again it highlights MM shortcomings as a HC.

Hall of Fame QB- comes up short (at end of game)
Pro bowl QB- comes up short (at end of game)
1st start QB- comes up short (A.T. E.N.D. O.F. G.A.M.E.)

Every end of the spectrum at HIS SPECIALTY, which is supposed to be coaching QBs!!!

No more excuses. There are none left. Lets be smart and find a Coach who uses the same system and allow them a chance to become GREAT!!!
MM has had his shot. Its not over yet, but if he doesnt make the playoffs again, ITS OVER
Why do the kool-aid drinkers keep denying these facts?

Telll you what

Make a thread with your posts, or find one already about your opinion..Which is GREAT but I dont like it here honestly..

People WANT to be proud of this team, they dont want to come here and have people destroying their opinions

Then when you do that, come back and edit the posts you made here

Can that be done?? so people can come to a thread that was suppose to be a HAPPY thread?

I decided to do it myself

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/mm-just-hot-seat-25058-18.html

your rants are there

I want this thread to remain as the OP wanted it...Rant all you want in the other thread

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is "proud" that we lost. I think they're proud of the heart and character this team showed today. They didn't get embarassed and blown out in enemy territory even though they had two starters on defense and one on offense not playing today.

Seriously, why can't we be proud of that?

As for McCarthy, no coach is perfect. I agree he should have had a play ready to go regardless of what happens, but looking at it from his perspective, if it's a first down, the play is to spike the ball. Learning it's 4th down with so few seconds left to go, the play has to be to go for it. It's easy for us to criticize, but that's a damn tough situation to be in.

Let's also give McCarthy some credit- He's the reason this team was in this game to begin with. Game planning, practicing and preparation all starts at the top, and he had this team prepared. You guys realize the Pats beat their last two opponents by a total of 81-10, right? We lost of 4 friggin points. 4!

Yes, I too am tired of losing close games. But honestly, I'm not ready to kill McCarthy for this. This has been a very tough season starting week 1, and you know what? WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE! We may not win it all, but we're not going away quietly either. We're still fighting, and we'll be in the playoffs if we win these next two games. There's no reason to think we can't do it.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Telll you what

Make a thread with your posts, or find one already about your opinion..Which is GREAT but I dont like it here honestly..

People WANT to be proud of this team, they dont want to come here and have people destroying their opinions

Then when you do that, come back and edit the posts you made here

Can that be done?? so people can come to a thread that was suppose to be a HAPPY thread?

I decided to do it myself

http://www.packerforum.com/f8/mm-just-hot-seat-25058-18.html

your rants are there

I want this thread to remain as the OP wanted it...Rant all you want in the other thread

Congrats to the MOD with the sunshine glasses on.

Nothing I am about to write breaks any rules of this forum, so feel free to do what you have done since I challenged your rosey outlook several weeks back... and edit/ move me.

I said nothing that was insulting or derogatory. I said nothing that was anything but a rebuttal to other postings...

I dont agree with your opinions, so you move/ remove my posts.

The point is that this team is ready for a change. You as a mod, dont agree. Thats fine, but my opinion means no less than your opinion.

The point is, I am not, nor did I, hyjack the thread. I responded evenly to the topic at hand. Please explain why you removed my post?

Oh, wait.... I was littering in a thread with my opinion, right? Just like your "warning" to all posters about merging thread?

Did I not respond to the topic mr MOD?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Point being, again, that this is a great team, with less than great coaching. I did no "destroying" of others opinions. I did not "rant" about it.

Maybe you should check the pulse of Packers nation and see how Rosey everyone else glasses are right now.

You may be a "Long time fan", but you have blinders on about the state of this team.

But I am sure to you that will be considered an insult and my post will be banned for it.

Its all a difference of opinions. I just dont have as many buttons on my screen as you do.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think anyone is "proud" that we lost. I think they're proud of the heart and character this team showed today. They didn't get embarassed and blown out in enemy territory even though they had two starters on defense and one on offense not playing today.

Seriously, why can't we be proud of that?

As for McCarthy, no coach is perfect. I agree he should have had a play ready to go regardless of what happens, but looking at it from his perspective, if it's a first down, the play is to spike the ball. Learning it's 4th down with so few seconds left to go, the play has to be to go for it. It's easy for us to criticize, but that's a damn tough situation to be in.

Let's also give McCarthy some credit- He's the reason this team was in this game to begin with. Game planning, practicing and preparation all starts at the top, and he had this team prepared. You guys realize the Pats beat their last two opponents by a total of 81-10, right? We lost of 4 friggin points. 4!

Yes, I too am tired of losing close games. But honestly, I'm not ready to kill McCarthy for this. This has been a very tough season starting week 1, and you know what? WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE! We may not win it all, but we're not going away quietly either. We're still fighting, and we'll be in the playoffs if we win these next two games. There's no reason to think we can't do it.

I am proud that this team fought hard. I am not proud of the lack of disipline we showed, and have shown when the game counts.

We dropped 3 picks on three different drives. Not "maybe" picks... sure picks that would have ended drive

we allowed yet another long time record to be broken, not in our favor, by allowing an OFFENSIVE LINEMAN to rumble 70+ yards on a KR. Am I the only one who sees us ALWAYS allowing our opponents to break a bad streak against us?!?!

We dropped several passes, and shortran a route that turned into a pick 6.

we had poor tackling AGAIN, in the red zone when it counted.

There are sooooo many things that KEEP happening. They dont "just" happen, they KEEP happening. Why do some of us choose to be ignorant of them?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not being ignorant of anything, but there's a saying- Coaches coach and players play. You really blame McCarthy for Woodson dropping a pick that hit him in his hands? Really? Because last I checked, McCarthy wasnt' the one on the field who let the pass hit him in the hands and then drop it. Woodson was.

The pick Shields dropped, on the deep pass- You pin that on McCarthy too, because I sure didn't see him on the field? As an aside, you realize that play was a 3rd down and we actually got better field position from the punt than we would have had had Shields actually made the catch, right?

And the last pick, you fault McCarthy for that one being dropped too? I mean, it was tipped and fell into an area where the players were trying to pick themselves off the ground. But that one is on McCarthy too, eh?

I agree special teams sucks. It's been sucky for a long time, but it's the one aspect of our game where the injury bug is actually showing it's colors. I'm sure they'll take a hard look at it in the off-season and make changes as needed. Whether than means a new coach or not, I dunno. I know our special teams seemed to start off ok this season, but has gotten worse. How much of that is due to injury or poor scheming, I have no idea. And neither do you.

You would be better served by taking a deep breath and thinking things through first before posting.

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand there are many miscues that we had where we should have won this game, but can you not honestly say that you weren't impressed with Matt?

EVERYONE in the country thought we were going to flat out get embarrassed by this team. Matt looked very composed for a QB that is getting his first start (where I myself have NEVER seen a backup QB start in my lifetime for the Pack) at New England on Sunday night national television. Plus he looked really into it, he reminded me a lot of Aaron where he's smiling and laughing a lot. Especially seeing him coming back after that pick and doing really well.

It KILLED me to see Matt so upset after the game, I feel terrible for him. But I feel like you HAVE to be impressed with this team. Yes the close losses are getting annoying, but we just hung with the considered best team in the NFL who has been steam rolling as of late with basically a second string defense and a backup QB making his first career start.

As long as we just get into the playoffs, I feel SO much better about this team doing damage in the playoffs.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I made up the THREAD MM IS JUST ABOUT ON THE HOTSEAT after the detroit LOSS..the detroit LOSS angered me a lot b/c we lost to an inferior team, and in my opinion that's not on the players as much...I also said in that thread MM will have a bounceback game against the PATS and be 110% on his playcalling...I think he was 99% on his playcalling against the PATS...We ran it down their throat, we got YAC, we did curl routes, we did slants, screens, and it was all very effective & I'm proud of our guys for executing

This game was in our grasp & we basically blinked and let the Patriots right back in on a FLUKE-LUCKY-never-going-to-happen-again KICK RETURN...MM is not to blame on that...yea it's his team, but ST coach gotta get those guys ready, there's only so much MM can do...do I think if he stepped back from playcalling a little it might help our ST if he was on our ST coaches butt more...YES I DO.

i was very impressed with Flynn, rest assured we have a real NFL QB backing up our FRANCHISE Aaron Rodgers

I liked the emotion MM showed in his presser when asked about how he felt about being an underdog and basically out performing the predicted outcome of the game..."we expected to win the game.."

I am proud that we showed we can beat any team in the NFL

I respect MM on that onsides kick call, man showed some guts again on an unexpected call, loved the call

I hated that FB dive 2x on the one yard line & failing to score a TD on the 1 yard line...that's gotta stop, we gotta get in the ENDZONE

OVERALL...disappointing loss, but SEASONS not over and we showed a lot of positive things that WE CAN bring in the next 2 games!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Point being, again, that this is a great team, with less than great coaching. I did no "destroying" of others opinions. I did not "rant" about it.

Maybe you should check the pulse of Packers nation and see how Rosey everyone else glasses are right now.

You may be a "Long time fan", but you have blinders on about the state of this team.

But I am sure to you that will be considered an insult and my post will be banned for it.

Its all a difference of opinions. I just dont have as many buttons on my screen as you do.

I moved them to the PROPER thread that is all

This thread you posted them in the OP wanted it to remain a positive thread

Never said you broke any rules, didnt warn you just moved the posts

**edit**

Your post is not being "banned"

I DIDNT ALTER, DIDNT DELETE, DIDNT WIPE IT OUT ALL TOGETHER, JUST MOVED IT

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Proud is hardly the word. Dropped passes, sacks, dropped picks, missed tackles, goofy kick coverage, were not the kind of support Flynn deserved. Then we get the ball 57 yards away with 4:22 left and MM runs the clock down to a panic. Flynn should have had AT LEAST a minute left on the 15.

Proud?

It's a shame. Should have won this game easily.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as losses go, this was one of the best. I spent the evening as a panelist on NFL.com's SNF live blog and there were plenty of Pat's fans on there having the best freakouts I've ever seen. They all signed on so confident and cocky... Brady this, Welker that.. does anyone REALLY think the Packers stand a chance? type talk. But after the onside kick.. they got quiet... I just imaged them sitting there with their mouths wide open.

They were truly upset throughout the game and in the end had to give the Packers their props. If any of those tipped balls went our way, or the special teams could have stopped Slo-mo Connolly, or the offense prevented the pick 6, that game was ours for the taking.

Packers Lose in Heart-breaker 27 Patriots 31 | Lombardi Ave | A Green Bay Packers Blog

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Count me in, I am BEAMING!!! Man that future looks bright!

Unfortunely for us, I don't think the Packers are going to be able to keep him much longer. Other teams just saw what he can do... he's going to be a starter somewhere soon.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha you guys might be partly insane to be proud of a loss. I personally think this team has NO balls

GrnNGldGrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was pretty salty last night as well. It was that last play that shoved the knife in and twisted it like some soft serve ice cream.
I said all week, "Matt Flynn's got an arm. He can make these plays if he stays cool." And he did for the most part. I know I'm reiterating what most have said, but a backup QB against the 11-2 Pats?!? I am proud of the man, and if anything happens to Rodgers in the future (gawd forbid) I feel confident with Flynn steppin in.

We're still in it boys, and I've never felt weirder about saying this, but Let's Skol Vikes!

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM got outcoached again in the final drive. The team played well enought to win this and had an opportunity but with no timeouts and no play to be called thats the result. Matt Flynn played awesome, defense played great and had Brady flustered. Special teams...not so much.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PROUD of a loss?

Absolutely not. Proud of our effort, given the conditions? Yes.

As long as we make the playoffs. If we don't, I won't be proud of none of it. It's not fair but it's the way it is.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
glad we didnt get blown out like everyone thought? yes

Proud of a loss? No way

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM got outcoached again in the final drive. The team played well enought to win this and had an opportunity but with no timeouts and no play to be called thats the result. Matt Flynn played awesome, defense played great and had Brady flustered. Special teams...not so much.

dont really think he got outcoached, I think Flynn just had no idea what to do. Im not going to scream that its MMs fault flynn cant do a 2 minute offense.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on top of that we outplayed the pats the whole game. We shouldnt of needed flynn to execute a 2 min drill

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not upset with this game,even the loss the pack showed we have a good defense they stopped the run,Brady didn't have a chance yea we lost ,but when the team showed we aren't going down easy I pity the giants and bears,they will win those games,d-line will be all over Manning if special teams would have did their job you wouldn't talk about the time off clock,go pack see you in the super bowl

narmer2000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was not upset with this game,even the loss the pack showed we have a good defense they stopped the run,Brady didn't have a chance yea we lost ,but when the team showed we aren't going down easy I pity the giants and bears,they will win those games,d-line will be all over Manning if special teams would have did their job you wouldn't talk about the time off clock,go pack see you in the super bowl

dont really think he got outcoached, I think Flynn just had no idea what to do. Im not going to scream that its MMs fault flynn cant do a 2 minute offense.
I was more referring to the two running plays on 1st and goal and second and goal, then the pass play on 3rd down. Similar situations where if Flynn were given the green light a naked boot on 1st donw would have yielded 6 points

Members online

Latest posts