Anyone else want to see Callahan play?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I wish injury on Brett Hardly, but I am curious to see if McMoron made the right decisions or not.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. No reason not to see what he has at this point, I think we have had a large enough sample size of Brett Hundley to know what we have there, and probably should start the search for a competent backup quarterback for next season

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if Cal. does better then it would make these scrimmage games more fun to watch.
Which is why I was hoping a-Rod was going to play.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, he was the #4 in camp and is only back because #3 got grabbed by someone else. He's a caretaker at this point until the next crop gets to camp.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No not at all would much rather see hundley get the snaps. That's more valuable either because he's gonna be the back up in 2018 and then net Green Bay a compensatory pick in 2019 or because he's gonna play so well he gets traded for a 2018 pick. If it was taysom hill behind hundley I'd say yeah play him but that ship has sailed. Callahan is ok but he's definitely not a future starter. And I'm of the opinion you always want a future starter as your number 2

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well it's tough because Hundley had a couple good games and a couple really bad games. so we still REALLY don't know what he is.

Reaction score
As a fan it would be interesting to see Callahan play, sure. But not at the expense of losing.
I’m thinking Hundley was starting to improve and is still the obvious front runner. Not to mention Brett has the better chance of winning IMO as Callahan hasn’t started 1 game.
Let Callahan have mop up if the game is a runaway, benching Hundley is sending too many mixed messages to your QB room.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely not! You keep giving Hundley reps so you can either feel better with as him as the backup in 2018 OR up his trade value this offseason. If Callahan did play, why would anyone expect it to be any better than Hundley's first 2 games this year (which were abysmal)? Add in that most of us hope Adams doesn't play another snap this year. Lmao at Callahan throwing to whatever is left. If this happened, I would go 70-30 run-pass no joke. It's one thing if you are deliberately tanking to play Callahan heavily but there is little to no upside playing him over Hundley.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no upside to playing Hundley. With this offense he is not going to light it up, so not really any chance of his trade value increasing. Then there is the injury risk.

By playing Callahan you are seeing if he can be a viable long term option. Hundley won't be here past 2018 unless there's a blockbuster trade involving Rodgers before then. A lot of so-called nobodies have turned into good quarterbacks because they got a chance to play. Practice and preseason games greatly limit a player's ability to shine.

Do I think Callahan will play like an MVP? Heck no. Probably won't play better than Hundley in his best game this year, but he might. Only 1 way to know for sure.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm in favor of starting Hundley as well for the remaining two games. The Packers should play to win those contests and he definitely gives the team a better chance of doing that than Callahan.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in favor of starting Hundley as well for the remaining two games. The Packers should play to win those contests and he definitely gives the team a better chance of doing that than Callahan.
I like to see the Packers win too, but at this point, I would like to see if Callahan has anything to offer. We can all say we know.... but we don't. Let him play.... losing these games means very little in the long run. Now that being said... if we could screw up home field for the Vikings ......

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well it's tough because Hundley had a couple good games and a couple really bad games. so we still REALLY don't know what he is.

He started poorly but his last 3 games produced 6 passing TDs and 1 interception, it seems that he was trending upwards before the decision to start up Rodgers at Carolina.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides pride, do we have anything to lose in these games?

Wildcatk23

Repeat?
Reaction score
As a fan it would be interesting to see Callahan play, sure. But not at the expense of losing.
I’m thinking Hundley was starting to improve and is still the obvious front runner. Not to mention Brett has the better chance of winning IMO as Callahan hasn’t started 1 game.
Let Callahan have mop up if the game is a runaway, benching Hundley is sending too many mixed messages to your QB room.

Kinda want to lose for draft pick now .

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
To answer the OP's question about playing Callahan. Had Callahan been entrenched in the Packer system, like Hundley, I would let him play at least the 2nd half of both games. However, given the obvious lack of interest in the guy that the Packers have shown for over the last 2 years, I don't really see that big of a need to play him. If the Packer organization actually saw a big upside with Callahan, I don't think they would have been so quick to release him on how many occasions? I think picking him back up after no other teams claimed him, was just a show of "well at least he knows our playbook and system, he is an ok option at #3."

I would be surprised to see Callahan on the roster next year.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the packers staff think that hundley or Callahan can be our future one day... they are royally effed hundley isn’t bad I think he can improve on being a backup but love of god I don’t wanna worry about the future til Rodgers is almost 40 and still playing good

Members online

Latest posts