anyone else like this underdog feeling?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey, you know, back when Holmgren took over the Seahawks (and essentially cleaned out everything including the break room refrigerator when he left), the Seahawks became my "closet" 2nd favorite team, easily displacing the 9'ers - who I adopted as a boy back in the early 70's.

I actually went to a couple of their fan forums and found a really, really good base of fans. Courteous, fun...the whole shebang. Matter of fact, I deleted "invites to post" from 2 of their forums just this morning. Haven't gone anywhere near them since Pete Carroll took over -- soon as he was hired, I knew that the billionaire with the helicopter was out to buy another Super Bowl appearance.

I recognize that you can't judge an entire fan base by their 'cyber fans' so just let me say that most of those clowns were not fans of the Seahawks prior to 2010-11 ... and now, make the whole fan base look like bandwagon hayseeds -- just like the neo-49'er fans who don't know how to shut-the-hell up (although, I hope they get a hard lesson in humility as well).

Anyway, somewhere under the scab created by the neo-Seahawk fans, is a really good base of people in the State of Washington ... they're just not coming out to comment.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's one thing to be an underdog it's another thing to be an underdog to a dynasty like the Utah Jazz were to the Bulls in the 90's. It would not surprise me to see Seattle win 4-5 Super Bowls. They have their young stars on defense locked up and they have HOF talent on that side of the ball. It makes me sick because I thing Pete Carroll is a whiner.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, me neither. The Seahawks will find out what Green Bay found out after the late 90's run when we too were going to be a dynasty, and to a lesser degree, 2010 ... folks come picking your refrigerator and cabinets ... you've got cap money tied up in your "core" players that preclude you from adequately restocking your shelves, if you will ... EVERYONE on the team feels they're worth more than they're getting paid and jump ship.

Team makeup and chemistry change... yeah, the team that Schneider built won't be the team that they have in two years. The Packers have how many players left from the 2010 Super Bowl winning team? 13??

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When a professional team of grown men are told they have no chance, it usually means bad things for the opposing team. This is why upsets happen. This is how teams come together for Super Bowl runs. Will it happen that way? Who knows, time will tell. But the Pack will show up and play hard. They aren't going to Seattle to lay down.
There's no way the Seahawks will lose to Green Bay according to most.

The Packers will go out there and play with nothing to lose Sunday. They'll be loose. Its the Seahawks who have everything to lose. They are the defending Super Bowl Champs. They are suppose to win and go on and win the Super Bowl again.

This is like the Big 10 vs the SEC. When you're told you cannot do something as a sports athlete, you get sick of hearing it. The only thing you can do is to go out there on the field and silence the source against the competition that you're told you cannot compete with.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/playoffs.htm I've said it before and I'll repeat it. Seattle, taking nothing away from them, got a lot of lucky breaks they had nothing to do with to get to this point; that is, playing this championship game at home.

The Packers losing at Buffalo, Aaron Rodgers injuring his calf at Tampa Bay, Arizona getting their quarterbacks hurt, the 49ers imploding. Change any of those things and the Seahawks might be playing elsewhere and might not be favored at all.

As the above link shows, the Seahawks are 10-2 all-time in home playoff and title games and 3-11 as a road or neutral site team.

Last edited:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, me neither. The Seahawks will find out what Green Bay found out after the late 90's run when we too were going to be a dynasty, and to a lesser degree, 2010 ... folks come picking your refrigerator and cabinets ... you've got cap money tied up in your "core" players that preclude you from adequately restocking your shelves, if you will ... EVERYONE on the team feels they're worth more than they're getting paid and jump ship.

Team makeup and chemistry change... yeah, the team that Schneider built won't be the team that they have in two years. The Packers have how many players left from the 2010 Super Bowl winning team? 13??

Yes, sooner or later a SB team has to pay its stars big money, and when your top players start hitting FA and other teams start recruiting your coaches away from you, things start to go south. Seahawks may have one more year of having their present team intact, unless Lynch retires and it seems that he is very seriously considering doing just that.

Losing Lynch would be a major loss.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, sooner or later a SB team has to pay its stars big money, and when your top players start hitting FA and other teams start recruiting your coaches away from you, things start to go south. Seahawks may have one more year of having their present team intact, unless Lynch retires and it seems that he is very seriously considering doing just that.

Losing Lynch would be a major loss.

Don't be surprised if the Seahawks work something out to get Adrian Peterson, if they get tired of Lynch's "'tude." They've done deals with Minnesota before.

There's reported strains in relations between AP and the Vikings. Minnesota may feel they need to move on from him for pr and sal-cap reasons. Peterson wants to have a chance to make it to the Super Bowl before he's done. Seattle seems the most logical direction.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woah!! Someone seems a tad wound up too tight! No need to call ****ing names. I prefer to just enjoy the moment and congratulate whomever gets to move on. Just think about it. We are two of the four best teams in the NFL this season. Nothing that happened before matters. We are both ONE stinking game from going to the Super Bowl and it's no great shame to go home having reached this game.
Wait a second, go home? Seahawks will already be home!
See! There you go. Proof that GB could blow Seattle out! I believe they were a 3.5 point underdog. If THAT'S significant then you are at least twice as likely to prevail at 7.
I like you math/logic.

This would be a tough game to bet. I think the Packers have a better chance than most people are giving them (non-Packer/Non-Seahawk fans). But if Pack loses, the Seahawks could easy roll up a few scores if they get hot late. For me, I think I put money on the Packers w/o the point spread. That is - if we win we will win by 3 pts or less. If we lose, it will be by 13 or more.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Letter to Aaron Rodgers",

Aaron, you are the best. I mean your run from a place called "Butte community college" was what I relate with the most. I once listened to people that said I was "too white" or even "too short" to be a defensive back and let people "take my dreams away." Last time I checked I was a "white and short small junior college all american" I have film of that and nobody can ever take that away. That's me.

Aaron I want one thing. I just want one more win that can prove there is something that I can teach my kids. I love you guys and it's "getting heavy" over here.

Take away the pain of the last two years.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Maybe you shoulda sent the letter to Russell Wilson.

He LOVES doing stuff for the kids.

EVERY week up there at the Seattle Children's Hospital.

Is Rodgers even married? I've heard some sad reports about Aaron's love life that we won't go into for the sake of your kid who might be reading everything desperately attempting to be on your good side.

I would have sent him a letter marked "From the guys that pay you your salary".

I mean JEEEZZZ!!!! he owes you serious! Now would be a good time to show it!

Now if Aaron loses not only will he feel like crap for getting all that money and letting you AND your kid down but also your poor kid will feel like HE has let you down also.

I almost hope Wilson reads this and throws the game just for the sake of your offspring! He's like that..He loves the kids.

:laugh:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Is Rodgers even married? I've heard some sad reports about Aaron's love life that we won't go into for the sake of your kid who might be reading everything desperately attempting to be on your good side.

Now if Aaron loses not only will he feel like crap for getting all that money and letting you AND your kid down but also your poor kid will feel like HE has let you down also.

I almost hope Wilson reads this and throws the game just for the sake of your offspring! He's like that..He loves the kids.

A very ASININE post!!!!

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just finished watching Rocky IV again love that movie. "YOU CANT WIN" "HES CUT" "BALBOAS CHOPPING THE BIG RUSSIAN DOWN". Have my Survivor CD playing and getting pumped.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

Nothing obnoxious about this, no not at all. Don't you have somewhere to be, some victory you haven't earned yet to brag about?

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing obnoxious about this, no not at all. Don't you have somewhere to be, some victory you haven't earned yet to brag about?

No...Not really. This weekend is all about the football. One of my current vocations is protecting a large chunk of commercial real estate in North Seattle. I have two huge Pitbulls that I let run inside much of the property which is chain link fenced off from the public. I am up all night and early morning dealing with gang bangers, drug dealers., addicts, transients, pimps and prostitutes. I have some repair projects on hold until this game is over. Nope! The decks are pretty much cleared.

I don't brag. It is unseemly. Over at the Panthers boards I thanked them for a good game afterwards and immediately joined this MB.

I chirp in occasionally but none of it is mean spirited. If I feel the need to be an aye whole there are plenty of bad peeps around here to satisfy that urge.

WRECKER

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dude get lost

Sky King

Reaction score

Started drinking a little early, have you?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1) Wilson isn't married
2) Rodgers is dating Olivia Munn
3) The post you replied to was corny as ****.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've overlooked a lot of the Seahawk fans trash talk. People think you have to learn to lose, but you also have to learn to win. Seahawk fans aren't use to winning just yet. They're a little excited the past couple of seasons, so I'm not sure they're exactly sure how to be humble. Maybe that will come, just not tomorrow.

Legalizeit

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Didn't Golden Tate bang Russell Wilson's wife?

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Wilson isn't married
2) Rodgers is dating Olivia Munn
3) The post you replied to was corny as ****.

Some people date and even marry for a variety of reasons. My girlfriend tried to get me to marry her cousin so she could become a legal resident. I declined. The woman is certifiable. She doesn't speak a word of English and still talks non stop in Greek.

Last edited:

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Started drinking a little early, have you?

No. I don't drink much. I have had the same bottle of tequila up on top of the fridge since August. There is around three inches left in it. I bought a six pack of beer three months ago on a warm day. I still have 4 cans left.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts