anyone else like this underdog feeling?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Big difference between being an underdog and not having a chance

The NYGs beat us twice in the playoffs at Lambeau .....

Green Bay has to play focused and minimize mistakes

Let Seattle take the personal fouls DO NOT RETALIATE..... DO NOT GET SUCKED IN TO PERSONAL FOULS IN THEIR HOUSE!!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
"Letter to Aaron Rodgers",

Aaron, you are the best. I mean your run from a place called "Butte community college" was what I relate with the most. I once listened to people that said I was "too white" or even "too short" to be a defensive back and let people "take my dreams away." Last time I checked I was a "white and short small junior college all american" I have film of that and nobody can ever take that away. That's me.

Aaron I want one thing. I just want one more win that can prove there is something that I can teach my kids. I love you guys and it's "getting heavy" over here.

Take away the pain of the last two years.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not often you have the best quarterback in the game and you get to play as an underdog.

Dan Marino was probably an underdog a lot in the 80s.

Seattle has the best team. Plus when Rodgers is injured and hasn't practiced for a few weeks, he's not the best QB in the game. He only played well for one quarter last week.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if the Packers win the city of Seattle will look like a scene from the walking dead. The number of talking heads not only predicting a win but a blowout is really getting to be something. There are a few more careful analyses out there, but for most of them the logic is: Seattle beats Packers easy in week 1, Packers defense is bad, Rodgers is hobbled, Seahawks have the greatest defense of all time, and so,

Seahawks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Packers.

Yes. The facts laid out in the above reply are what they are. If one wants to be a part of the madness that is following a team in the playoffs in person one must jump in and assume your team will win and act accordingly.

If I was a fan of the Packers I would be doing the same thing. SOMEBODY is going to AZ and watch the Super Bowl between our two teams. Yes there will be a lot of disappointed fans of one of our two teams. There will be a lot of cancellations requested by either Seahawk or Packers fans on Sunday night and Monday.

I've made plans to go somewhere to meet some friends in Mauii and had to cancel last minute including hotel and airline tickets. It's not the end of the world.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and someone is "FRAUD" and someone is "LOMBARDI" Go **** yourself

Woah!! Someone seems a tad wound up too tight! No need to call ****ing names. I prefer to just enjoy the moment and congratulate whomever gets to move on. Just think about it. We are two of the four best teams in the NFL this season. Nothing that happened before matters. We are both ONE stinking game from going to the Super Bowl and it's no great shame to go home having reached this game.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Packers as an underdog. Rubbish! That talk is for Vegas gambling addicts.

ANYTHING can happen!

The ball can bounce in some crazy ways. Ya Seattle will cause some fumbles...so what? You Packers could land on every dang one of them.

Rodgers is a gimp.. OK..maybe so but he didn't let that obstacle prohibit him from throwing that dart in the last game against the Cowgirls.

OK..Russell Wilson had a QB passer rating of like 149 point something or other against the Panthers last weekend. Doesn't mean a darned thing for this Sunday.
All your players have to do is stop whatever he did that got him that almost perfect day. Then he is just average. A moment here...a moment there and before you know it YOU are the top dogs!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Woah!! Someone seems a tad wound up too tight! No need to call ****ing names. I prefer to just enjoy the moment and congratulate whomever gets to move on. Just think about it. We are two of the four best teams in the NFL this season. Nothing that happened before matters. We are both ONE stinking game from going to the Super Bowl and it's no great shame to go home having reached this game.

I don't care. I LOVE MY BOY's. We are so healthy and a 53 man roster that it is unreal. I love you too TT. Thank you so much for being so real and sticking by your guns. TT is the best GM this game has ever had. Some people will hate on Capers but he deserves the "last laugh".

Were gonna prey.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come Monday morning the sun is still going to shine. Considering it's Green Bay and Seattle we're talking about here you may have to fly above the clouds to be able to see it, but it should still be there.

What, me worry?

Good point. In my heat of hearts I don't really expect to see sunshine in Seattle come Monday win or lose :laugh:

But...It'll probably be sunny in AZ..:cool:

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Evidently very few people have the slightest idea how Green Bay ended up finding itself in this game. It's like somebody drew straws and said, "Okay, go get slaughtered by Seattle."

Or so you'd think.

I understand why almost everyone thinks we'll lose. We've struggled on the road, our best player is hobbled, and we lost to this team before.

But damn, I think we deserve a little respect at least. Just a little.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Evidently very few people have the slightest idea how Green Bay ended up finding itself in this game. It's like somebody drew straws and said, "Okay, go get slaughtered by Seattle."

Or so you'd think.

I understand why almost everyone thinks we'll lose. We've struggled on the road, our best player is hobbled, and we lost to this team before.

But damn, I think we deserve a little respect at least. Just a little.

Make yourself an "I'm a Packer Fan And I Can't Breath" sign and go hang around Pioneer Square! :laugh:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Eh, I know Tom Oates - Madison.com sport analyst stated in the first Super bowl of Patriots vs Giants brushed off the Giants and said the Packers could of beaten New England (the day after the Packers lost) and from that point forward I quit reading his section for several years. The only team capable of winning the game is the two teams in the game. Packers can win it, and yeah they are rated as the underdog, and no they are not going to lose.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if ya hooked up a lie detector to the 106 players signed up for the game ... ??? How many would truthfully say the other team is gonna win ????

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Frankly, the Seahawks are a fantastic team. A powerhouse to be sure. I keep seeing the 1997 Green Bay Packers - defending Super Bowl Champions... everybody's "fair haired girl" to repeat ... but in a very real sense, not the same team as that highly dominate 1996. I see a lot of similarity between the Packers fan base back then and the Seahawk fan base now.

Both new to winning and insufferable. Lot's of blow-hole bandwagoneers who just didn't know how to support a winning team with, dignity, style and 'good form'.

The two teams share an amazing linked heritage starting with Paul Allen's non-tampering with Holmgren during the 1997 Super Bowl run... right up to their current G.M. being born, reared, educated and trained in Green Bay.

Yeah... it's quirky to be sure. The Seahawks could be a mirror image of the 1997 Green Bay Packers. A sure thing to repeat. Confident. Relaxed. At ease. Almost arrogant. Highly gifted with talent...a sure thing. The 2014 Seattle Seahawks and the 1997 Green Bay Packers.

Should the Pack win on Sunday, the best part won't be that they move on to the Super Bowl -- and THAT would be a stupendous thing. At least for a couple of fleeting days, the best part would be that the insufferable Seahawk fans would be forced to shut-the-hell up, lick their emotional wounds, and perhaps... just perhaps learn to be gracious.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they were failures, we went 15 years with a HOF QB, including the 90s where our team was often a juggernaut, but Brett was to much of an unabridaled choker for us to win more then one SB.. Yea, id say 1 title out of constant playoff appearances is a failure.
Please enlighten me about the HOFers that made up the juggernaut teams that surrounded Favre.....never mind

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weren't the She-Hawks a significant underdog in the SB last year?

See! There you go. Proof that GB could blow Seattle out! I believe they were a 3.5 point underdog. If THAT'S significant then you are at least twice as likely to prevail at 7.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started this thread, so...

Rallying cry video. Posted this on another thread, I feel every team needs something each year.

I pick guts over fear

Eminem - Guts Over Fear ft. Sia:

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I started this thread, so...

Rallying cry video. Posted this on another thread, I feel every team needs something each year.

I pick guts over fear

Gangsta eh?

I bet you hold your pistols sideways and everything !!!

:laugh:

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not gangster at all.

Its about having the courage to stand back up when everything and everyone around you tells you you're going to lose, so why try?

Because sometimes... Just sometimes....

Everyone is wrong.

I love our underdog status.

Hell, I started rooting for this team as a kid with magic don majkowski at the helm.

I'm a lifer.

I like us best when others doubt us.

See you Sunday.

sean corey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not gangster at all.

Its about having the courage to stand back up when everything and everyone around you tells you you're going to lose, so why try?

Because sometimes... Just sometimes....

Everyone is wrong.

I love our underdog status.

Hell, I started rooting for this team as a kid with magic don majkowski at the helm.

I'm a lifer.

I like us best when others doubt us.

See you Sunday.

Word.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I do believe that the Packers are the underdogs here. I mean Seattle is a really, really good team and they are at home. I don't think Seattle's offense is that great, good, not great, but they do complement the defense very well in having the #1 rushing attack in the NFL. You keep the other offense off the field and when they are on the field, the Seattle defense is fresh and coming after you like gangbusters. It's a very potent combination. And Russell Wilson is almost the perfect QB for the Hawks: great scrambler, play-maker, cool under pressure, does not make many mistakes and has a good enough arm to do damage if the other team sells out stopping the run.

Having said all that, a team that has to face adversity can often use it as a great motivating factor, and I think that the Packers have that potential. They're a proud team, they're dissatisfied with their playoff performances from the past 3 years, they have the leadership this year they didn't have before in Julius Peppers, their rookie class been absolutely outstanding and is light years ahead of what it was at the beginning of the season with Linsley at C, Davante Adams as the #3 WR, Haha Clinton-Dix at FS and Richard Rodgers at TE. Packers are simply a better more well-rounded team than they have been in the last 3 years. And the injury to AR? That also can steel the nerves and make him and the Packers play with a determination under very hostile conditions that few expect of them.

I notice the Packers haven't been saying much. You can interpret that as being lack of confidence or fear, or you can interpret that as the quiet determination of a team that knows what it's going up against and is going into the game without fear and to do what few expect them to do able to do.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope it's a good game with minimal interference from the goons in black and white.

My best mate's a Seahawks fan, lives and breathes the team, so I hope they play well. On the other hand my best mate's a Seahawks fan and he's been insufferable all year, so I hope the Pack stuff 'em.

Members online

Latest posts