And now for the second round...

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I figured I'd ask and get the ball rolling for today. Who do you think the Packers will take in the 2nd round? Who do you hope they will take/get?

OP
OP
DergaSmash

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot to put mine in. I'd like and hope to see either Nate Allen or Jerome Murphy, both from South Florida, fall to us. Either one I think will help the Defense.

OP
OP
DergaSmash

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kindle isn't big enough to play end in the 3-4 and I don't think he has the speed to play OLB in the 3-4, especially if we have to drop him in coverage. I think Spikes would be a much better LB choice if we went that way.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moved to draft talk.

I honestly don't know. I'd bet it's a S, CB or OLB. But can't say who. A lot could change, but right now, I'd say it's a CB. We just have to get one early...

Mel-MinAlum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The perfect Friday:
Trade up for Kindle using next year's draft.
Trade up again using A.J. Hawk and get Taylor Mays
Chris Cook (CB) at #56
Brandon Spikes (LB) at #86

I know people are a little down on Mays coverage skills, I happen to think he's going to be a stud.

Mel-MinAlum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me clarify. Trading Hawk would have to include another pick or two in the latter rounds.
Also would not be sad to see another O-Line addition like Asomoah or Saffold instead of Mays.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The perfect Friday:
Chris Cook (CB) at #56

I know people are a little down on Mays coverage skills, I happen to think he's going to be a stud.
I wouldn't mind Mays at our #2. He's not pressed to start, and can learn and contribute in packages...

But he wasn't a first rounder by any stretch. Too much bad tape. He'd be a good pick based on potential, though he played 4 years and never achieved it.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Inside Linebacker or Corner. We're fine on the outside guys, let's not listen to Kiper on this. Seriously why take Kindle? Is he that big of an upgrade? The guy who filled in for Kampman last year...why can't he have the job?

We need corner, and the next Barnett...NOW

ehoepker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The perfect Friday:
Chris Cook (CB) at #56

This would be a dream come true! And I have to agree with you on Mays, he's a freak

supermancc0386

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did the sudden urge for an ILB develop? I'd love Spikes as well and if we stay put I'd be happy with that.

Mays will probably be off the board by 56. I don't think its worth trading Hawk. He's a good football player. He may not have lived up to the #5 hype, but that happens a lot. He's a quality starter. Foolish to trade for unproven talent.

Lots of good guys left. I'd be happy with giving up a first next year to get another pick in the top of the 2nd now and then maybe turning Colledge into a 3rd rounder this year (throw in the 5th maybe?). Picking 5 guys in the first three rounds of a deep draft while retaining 4-5 picks for the last 4 rounds seems like a pretty great situation.

Oh and :viksux:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I was not high on mays in the 1st I would be excited taking him in the second. He is very much a TT type of player.

Should we take another OT if Bruce Campbell, Charles Brown, or Rodger Saffold falls to us?

I would be shocked if we didnt take a corner or safety tonight since the draft is pretty deep there and there is alot of value at where we are picking.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we havent talked about it much on here we need to address the awful special teams we had last season, hopefully that happens tomorrow.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Taylor Mays in the second either. The only place I thought Mays would have been taken is in the second to the seahawks. With them now settled with Earl Thomas, Mays could even fall to the third.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me clarify. Trading Hawk would have to include another pick or two in the latter rounds.
Also would not be sad to see another O-Line addition like Asomoah or Saffold instead of Mays.

Thanks for clarifying. I dont think anyone would have offered more than a low 3rd and something from next year from us (late rd) for Hawk. He just isnt that consistent threat he was billed as coming out of OSU.

Do not get me wrong, the guy is still tough, but he just does not fit the bill to me.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
check this out

Attachments

• 28007144_rnd2bestavail.jpg
    28007144_rnd2bestavail.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 335

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I feel like we hit CB and S in the next 2 rounds. Hopefully we can get Chris Cook/Brandon Ghee in the 2nd round, and a safety like Chad Jones, Morgan Burnett, or Reshad Jones in the 3rd.

Then hopefully George Selvie continues his fall from grace and we snag him up in the 4th or O'Brien Schofield in the 5th.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would love to draft Taylor Mays and McCluster in the second. Kindle I hear has to have microscopic surgery?.... Just a rumor I've heard..

Mel-MinAlum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we have about an hour and half before we find out, I'm going to recant my opinion of trading up for Kindle. The injury concern is enough for me to be get off the Kindle bandwagon. Would still love to somehow get a higher 2nd round pick to go with #56............I hope our IT guys at work aren't running internet use reports from my computer for the boss over the last couple of days.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts