1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Amazing things happening in Seattle (Ouch)

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Jan 14, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Check this out... Green Bay inadvertantly laying a big hand to the Seahawks... in some ways can be viewed as get even time for everything that Mikey stole from us as he walked away from the Frozen Tundra... One wonders if he isn't secretly talking to Bill Walsh and the Niners.....eh?

=========================================

Whitsitt fired as Seahawks president

SEATTLE (AP)

2. gotarace27

gotarace27 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the scoop with mike holmgren in seattle? Looks like if paul (microsoft) allen fires one more that being mike, it would be a clean sweep.

3. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Seattle has 16 free agents, and only one franchise tag. They've been using the tag on Walter Jones the last few years, but this year he is a free agent again, along with Hasselbeck and Alexander. If Holmgren can get his players signed, that team could take a quick nosedive next year.

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    holmgren is stayin put..

5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The current thinking is he'll stay put simply because the ESPN crews say so with him making the playoffs - but that's ESPN hype from the Chris Berman crowd... Jaws is saying no one knows for sure. I think it's wide open right now - the Niners haven't found anyone better than Mikey at this point and he started out there.. plus SanFran's choice from the College ranks hasn't exactly been all warm and fuzzy as yet. I'm thinking the phone is ringing late at nite at the Holmgren household.

We'll just have to see where it leads... Ya gotta think....
    SIX YEARS and not even a NFC Championship from a SuperBowl Coach...

Hmmmmmmm! (What "is" Paul thinking?)

6. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    well holmgren sounded pretty sure of it in his press conference...of course the final decision isn't up to him. i doubt he'll be going to SF though.

7. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    How many years are left on his contract? I'll bet they give him one more year,then if no improvement,he is gone.The recievers droped alot of passes this season.I felt sorry for Hasselbeck,he wasn't that bad.

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    2 yrs on his 8 yr 32 mil

9. acw

acw Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    SIX YEARS and not even a NFC Championship from a SuperBowl Coach...

How about six years and not a playoff victory.

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    did you know a main reason why ted wanted to leave was because he was kicked off the sideline on seattles last game? - source jay glazer fox sports

11. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Just heard on NFL on FOX - that some guy named Nolan is now the number one choice for the Niners - they have five names and his is on top.

12. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's telling. He barely won his first division title this year too. Holmgren without Wolf, Reggie, and Favre hasn't been overly impressive.