Alright The Packers VS Ravens

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
Wausau WI
Whos winning??? I dont think that the Packers can pull out a W two weeks in a row..Espicialy playing on the road on monday night!
 

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,943
Reaction score
0
Packers have been in every game this season so far and I don't think the Ravens have. The road does not seem to be a major factor for how well we have been doing as of late and it's Monday night football. Packers win 20 -17. :D
 

Bruce

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 2, 2005
Messages
1,078
Reaction score
0
I think this is an important game for the Packers despite its insignificance regarding playoff races and division or conference implications.

As WinnipegPackFan so astutely points out, "Packers have been in every game this season so far ...." This is very important for many reasons. First, it means despite the adversity faced the team has held together and not quit -- a first sign of a team that has gotten comfortable losing -- which bodes well for a quick rebound with the right FA pickups, player signings and development and draft. Second, it is important for quality NFL players to face that tomorrow is never guaranteed in Pro Football -- the end is always knocking on the door -- and wasted opportunities to show you belong in the league or should get playing times may not ever knock again if you cash it in early(a lesson many talented but immature players have learned the hard way). Third, Mike Sherman and his staff need to concentrate on developing skills and winning attitudes -- not always an easy task in difficult seasons like this one.
 

Royston

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Bruce said:
I think this is an important game for the Packers despite its insignificance regarding playoff races and division or conference implications.

As WinnipegPackFan so astutely points out, "Packers have been in every game this season so far ...." This is very important for many reasons. First, it means despite the adversity faced the team has held together and not quit -- a first sign of a team that has gotten comfortable losing -- which bodes well for a quick rebound with the right FA pickups, player signings and development and draft. Second, it is important for quality NFL players to face that tomorrow is never guaranteed in Pro Football -- the end is always knocking on the door -- and wasted opportunities to show you belong in the league or should get playing times may not ever knock again if you cash it in early(a lesson many talented but immature players have learned the hard way). Third, Mike Sherman and his staff need to concentrate on developing skills and winning attitudes -- not always an easy task in difficult seasons like this one.


A big problem for the Packers this season is the inability of Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley to devise a competent offensive game plan on a consistent basis.

Although I think TT will retain Mike Sherman as HC in 2006, he may suggest that Sherman replace Rossley with an upgrade at OC.
 

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
2,084
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto, Ontario
Royston said:
A big problem for the Packers this season is the inability of Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley to devise a competent offensive game plan on a consistent basis.

Although I think TT will retain Mike Sherman as HC in 2006, he may suggest that Sherman replace Rossley with an upgrade at OC.

I think the larger problem is that given the relative lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, the Packes are severely limited as to what they can do on offense period.
 

Royston

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 19, 2005
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
TOPackerFan said:
I think the larger problem is that given the relative lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball, the Packes are severely limited as to what they can do on offense period.


In Green Bay an intelligent and competent OC would devise his offensive schemes to compliement and to take advantage of the strengths of his HOF quarterback.

Under the Sherman/Rossley system they are forcing Brett Favre to adapt to their poorly devised offensive schemes causing Favre to struggle and be totally out of sync.

The Sherman/Rossley offensive schemes don't allow for any consistent rhythm on offense.
 

Members online

Top