1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Albert Haynesworth to Minnesota?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, May 8, 2010.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I have a good source within the Vikings "organization" who has been telling me since draft day #1 that the Vikings are going to end up with Big Albert.

This is the first I have seen of this in the press: Report: Haynesworth interested in joining the Vikings

Don't dismiss it. The Vikings didn't draft:
    Brett Favre
    Steve Hutchinson
    Bernie Berrian
    Visanthe Shiancoe
    Jared Allen
    Pat Williams
    Antoine Winfield
    Madiu Williams
    Ryan Longwell

They also didn't draft Hall of Famer Cris Carter. This team pisses me off scooping up talent.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    They can have him.

Will it make them a better team? Absolutely.

Will it make them champions? No.

Will it ruin their franchise, eventually, with the kind of Money it'll take? Damn right.

3. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    none of those players have helped them get to a SB, let alone win one.

Talent is one thing, getting talent to co-exist and work to gain the golden grail is another story. While I like them trying to put the best players on the field, you can only have so many egos/ talents on one roster and get ahead. The key is having the 2nd level players that enhance and highlight those stars just right without getting in each others way on the way there.

Its the old adage of "too many chefs and not enough cooks" or "to many chiefs and not enough indians"

The Vikings are like the Redskins; too many stars and not enough role players.

4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Not to nit pick, but Cris Carter isn't in the Hall of Fame. Maybe eventually, but last I checked he got passed over. Again.

And as others have accurately pointed out, all that talent has gotten Minnesota exactly 0 championships. Sure, Haynesworth might play well for them. Then again, he might half *** it like he did in Washington. Either way, let Minny take him and his salary. Eventually they're gonna wind up in cap hell, which will be awesome for us.

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    Every time I see Chris Carter I think of Reggie White throwing him. Anyone remember that?

6. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    They can have him, and the bill. How effective was he last year? Oh, that's right...

7. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The queens don't realize that they're biggest need right now is QB. What "IF" Favre actually does lead them to a superbowl title and they are picking 32 in next year's draft. Can you take a franchise QB with that pick?? And how far can you really move up?? We all know Favre will retire for real eventually and once that happens the queens will be stuck in the rebuilding process for the next 10 years. With guys like P. Williams, K. Williams, Antione Winfield set to retire shortly as well the queens' window of opportunity is closing fast.

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,017
    I was at that game in the dome. Reggie tossed Corey Stringer aside like a rag doll in that game as well. Stringer was throwing up behind the Yikes bench before the game was over. Was this 1996?? I think the Yikes beat us.

9. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Can you get me Favres autograph?

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    1994, Yeah they beat us 13-10 I think.

I have the game on DVD and I would like to upload that play on here without putting it on youtube. Anybody know how I could do that?

If I ever run into Steve Sabol I am going to ask him why he hasnt replayed that play.

11. Simms87

Simms87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    Wow, they really build their team to achieve sustained success. I wonder, what their record will be in about five years! :viksux:

12. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +835
    Pat Williams is 37 and about ready to retire. Kevin Williams is 29, one year younger than Pickett. Both Harris and Woodson are older than Winfield. Allen is younger than Jenkins. So who's D is getting older? And why is it a requirement to draft a staring QB in the first round?

13. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    The Vikings are!

Team Age
    26.1 Philadelphia Eagles
    26.1 Miami Dolphins
    26.2 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    26.4 St. Louis Rams
    26.5 Houston Texans
    26.5 New York Giants
    26.5 Chicago Bears
    26.5 San Francisco 49ers
    26.5 Baltimore Ravens
    26.6 Oakland Raiders
    26.6 Cleveland Browns
    26.8 Carolina Panthers
    26.8 Pittsburgh Steelers
    26.9 Tennessee Titans
    27.0 Kansas City Chiefs
    27.0 Detroit Lions
    27.1 Jacksonville Jaguars
    27.1 Green Bay Packers
    27.1 New Orleans Saints
    27.3 San Diego Chargers
    27.4 Denver Broncos
    27.5 Buffalo Bills
    27.6 Arizona Cardinals
    27.7 New York Jets
    27.8 Seattle Seahawks
    27.9 Atlanta Falcons
    28.1 Indianapolis Colts
    28.1 Dallas Cowboys
    28.2 Washington Redskins
    28.4 Cincinnati Bengals
    28.6 Minnesota Vikings
    29.7 New England Patriots

Defense Age
    25.3 Houston Texans
    25.6 Jacksonville Jaguars
    25.9 Cincinnati Bengals
    26.5 Indianapolis Colts
    26.6 Kansas City Chiefs
    26.6 Atlanta Falcons
    26.7 New York Giants
    26.7 San Diego Chargers
    26.8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    26.8 St. Louis Rams
    26.9 Detroit Lions
    27.0 Carolina Panthers
    27.1 Seattle Seahawks
    27.2 San Francisco 49ers
    27.2 Dallas Cowboys
    27.3 Philadelphia Eagles
    27.3 Chicago Bears
    27.5 Oakland Raiders
    27.5 Green Bay Packers
    27.5 Buffalo Bills
    27.5 New England Patriots
    27.6 Tennessee Titans
    27.6 New York Jets
    27.7 Miami Dolphins
    27.9 Cleveland Browns
    27.9 New Orleans Saints
    27.9 Minnesota Vikings
    28.1 Washington Redskins
    28.4 Baltimore Ravens
    28.4 Arizona Cardinals
    28.9 Denver Broncos
    29.2 Pittsburgh Steelers

14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Let's be real though for a moment.
    Those f***ers have won the past 2 division titles over us, one year with Favray and one with Jackson. And this past season they outplayed the Super Bowl champion Saints in their Superdome.

Let's not make Packer fans look bad and pretend like they sucked the past 2 years with the roster that they have. They have won 3 straight games against us as well.

15. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Again, that got them how many championships?

And if by outplayed you mean "Lost the NFC Championship game and a shot to go to the Super Bowl" then you're right. They "outplayed" the Saints.

16. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +835

How about a link to your source. Because for the past three years all I heard was the Packers were the youngest team in the league. You numbers don't back up that claim.

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
  18. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Exactly. The Vikings simply are not allowed to win a Title, we all know that. They've been the better team many times, still can't win it, nor will they ever. Until they, like the Lakers, flee to Los Angeles.

However, you can't fault the assembly of that team. That team has won OUR division the past 2 years. They have beaten us the past 3 times.
    Their risky tradee Jared Allen has battered Aaron Rodgers, while our pass rush never once sacked f*****g a*****e f******t Favre in either game last year.

I hate that team more than any of you do, but you can't fool me and pretend that they're not a good-great team.

19. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +835
    So we are talking about real age and you come up with some approxamate value age which is based strictly on the the starters. Tell me does it take into consideration that Pat Williams only plays about 1/3 of all the defensive plays during a game? Also, since it use's last years numbers, a team like the Packers would show younger since one you your older D backs was out for so many games and replaced with a younger person as a starter. It's an interesting concept. I see several things wrong with his theory. One being he use's rushing yards to total yards ratio of the teams since 1970. Yet since the 1980's with the rule changes, teams are passing more than in the 1970's. While it may not seem like much, teams like Houston, Jacksonville and Carolina would benefit from this since they have no rushing stats from the 70's.

FWIW, the overall "real" age of the two teams as of the rosters on 4/25/2010 goes like this.

Packers 26.0
    Vikings 26.7

20. Passepartout

Passepartout I Pooted!

Ratings:
    +18
    He is a total, arrogant, punk!

21. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
  22. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    a couple things.

1. I thought Visante Shiancoe WAS a draft pick of the vikings

2. Say what you will but I THINK the Vikings may be better set at QB than most think, and NO I'm not talking about Tavaris Jackson. He's crap. I actually don't even see Jackson making the team this year, or if he does he's definately gone at the end of the year.

3. Them signing Haynesworth ONLY makes sense if their D-tackles get suspended. If not they don't need him. And if they don't sign him I'd be willing to bet he's brought into GB for a tryout.

4. Favre haters or not...objectively I think we'd all agree Minnesota NEEDS him this year, but maybe ONLY this year.

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,082
    Albert isnt a FA so he wouldnt be signed he would be traded for. And no try out either. Regardless I dont think TT would bring him in, he isnt "packer material" in regards to his attitude.

Tjack is a FA after this year as he signed a 1 year tender.

24. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    Wow he is a over priced Superstar, Wait Superstar Im joking :)

They can have him :D

25. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +835
    They were the youngest last year. From a Sept. 16, 2009 Journal-Sentinel article. But I'm sure they must be wrong.

Packers NFL's youngest team for 4th-straight year - JSOnline