1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Aikman Hating on Packers at Random

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by maxlives, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Gimmie Madden back !!!! LOVED it when he called the game from GB. He was always commenting the how the fans were the best, the beer, the BRATS, and legend of the packers. Plus I loved the animation he provided.....lol...always using the teleprompter to draw up crazy plays and circle people.....yelling "BOOM"......and then saying " he got hit so hard he was looking out of his earhole"....that old man kept me rolling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +362
    He was good and entertaining wasn't he.
    I miss Ray Scott and Tony Canadeo.

3. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +220
    Well hate to be the bearer of bad news but if Pack make postseason we get them for every game. (Probably not Super Bowl but I dont know what station is airing the SB this year)

4. Jamie Santiago

Jamie Santiago Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I would rather hear nails on a chalkboard than listen to aikman commentate a packer game. i agree...MUTE!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013

Well hello there. Welcome aboard.

• Old Old x 1
  6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    LOL John Madden: "if the quarterback throws the ball to the wr in the endzone, and he caches it..it's a touchdown."

Pat Summerall : "yep"

Lol Madden said some dumb and obvious stuff at times and made alot of money doing it lol

7. Ogsponge

Ogsponge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +327
    That is the Madden most people know and remember, however before he got older and started to get a little "off", he was actually a very good commentator.

The problem with Madden is that he was in the business about 8 years too long.

8. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    Oh for the days you could turn off the sound of the Packer game and listen to Jim Irwin and Max MacGee call the game on the radio. God they were entertaining.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Technically, Aikman wouldn't have mentioned the Packers running those illegal pick plays if the Packers weren't so good at it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,858
    Agreed. Madden was great, but he was slipping towards the end. He missed the easy stuff. His last season, he analyzed if a WR got his feet in bounds after the ruling was no catch. Looked at it from 3 angles in slow motion and he was sure it would be challenged but it wasn't. He never noticed the ball was never caught. The WR did get his feet in bounds but the ball bounced off his hands. Summerall must have been running to the bathroom and didn't help. Anyway, it was kind of funny that he missed it, but it was more sad as I figured this was the last season for Madden.

11. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,858
    I don't know - I don't notice it, but then again, I am a biased Packer fan. Just seemed strange to be watching/commenting on a game and take a jab to a completely unrelated team.

12. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,022
    The Cowboys hate the Packers mainly because of the Lombardi years. Aikman inherited it. I love it. By the way, any of you who haven't read "Lombardi's Left Side" by Herb Adderly are missing the scoop on the Cowboys under Landry. Landry was an SOB who deserved to lose to Lombardi every year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,045
    Almost all of those WR screens with more than one receiver to the side the ball is being thrown is one of the plays.

The WR not getting the ball will quickly run up field and then block before the other WR gets the ball. It's tick tacky to call it illegal, but technically it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. GoPGo

GoPGo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +816
    Speaking of Madden, what happened to the telestrator? It seems like you don't see it used anymore during games. Madden used that thing for everything from highlighting routes and blocking on replays to circling the sweat on Earl Dotson's ***.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,858
    ESPN probably doesn't own the rights.

16. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    I think Buck is like 6'1 FYI

17. ls1bob

ls1bob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +54
    He is still a mental midget :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Yes, and they take advantage of that because no other officiating crew calls it against them so they keep rolling with it.

19. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Ok, then, the pictures I've seen of him standing next Aikman who is 6'3 ... Joe must have been standing in a hole. I was definitely referring to mental capabilities, but since you brought up his 'internet height' ... I'll clarify.

20. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Yeah... I know. That which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right?

21. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Was that Cosell and not Chris Berman who came up with that?
    And what about "Frozen Tundra?" Berman is credited with creating that one but I'm not so sure.
    And on the subject of Berman, I think he sounds like he needs a Sucrets™ or cough drop.
    His voice is sandpaper. And is it just me or does he seem like a righteous man who gets grumpy who doesn't get his way?

Language is NSFW:

22. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    He secretly loves Green Bay the most... Don't forget his children were born in Green Bay!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Even so, I always liked this:

24. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I believe it.

25. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    I liked Madden too.

Let's be honest, some guys you listen to for analysis, and some guys you listen to for entertainment. No one listens to Bob Uecker to learn about the nuances of baseball, they listen to him because he's fun to listen to. Madden falls into the same category. Sure, he'd make you laugh out loud sometimes, but is that really a bad thing?

I don't mind Gruden, I see him as kind of a blend of both.

• Agree Agree x 2