Aikman Hating on Packers at Random

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Gimmie Madden back !!!! LOVED it when he called the game from GB. He was always commenting the how the fans were the best, the beer, the BRATS, and legend of the packers. Plus I loved the animation he provided.....lol...always using the teleprompter to draw up crazy plays and circle people.....yelling "BOOM"......and then saying " he got hit so hard he was looking out of his earhole"....that old man kept me rolling.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gimmie Madden back !!!! LOVED it when he called the game from GB. He was always commenting the how the fans were the best, the beer, the BRATS, and legend of the packers. Plus I loved the animation he provided.....lol...always using the teleprompter to draw up crazy plays and circle people.....yelling "BOOM"......and then saying " he got hit so hard he was looking out of his earhole"....that old man kept me rolling.
He was good and entertaining wasn't he.
I miss Ray Scott and Tony Canadeo.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Aikman and his wonder midget ... I cringe every time we get stuck with them.

Well hate to be the bearer of bad news but if Pack make postseason we get them for every game. (Probably not Super Bowl but I dont know what station is airing the SB this year)

Jamie Santiago

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the Niners-Seahawks game when Aikman commented on a pick play in the end zone saying it was an illegal play that many teams run. Then, out of the blue, he spouts off "the Packers run it most often but never get called on it" or some some *****. The guy is a real pillock.

I would rather hear nails on a chalkboard than listen to aikman commentate a packer game. i agree...MUTE!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL John Madden: "if the quarterback throws the ball to the wr in the endzone, and he caches it..it's a touchdown."

Pat Summerall : "yep"

Lol Madden said some dumb and obvious stuff at times and made alot of money doing it lol

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL John Madden: "if the quarterback throws the ball to the wr in the endzone, and he caches it..it's a touchdown."

Pat Summerall : "yep"

Lol Madden said some dumb and obvious stuff at times and made alot of money doing it lol

That is the Madden most people know and remember, however before he got older and started to get a little "off", he was actually a very good commentator.

The problem with Madden is that he was in the business about 8 years too long.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh for the days you could turn off the sound of the Packer game and listen to Jim Irwin and Max MacGee call the game on the radio. God they were entertaining.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Technically, Aikman wouldn't have mentioned the Packers running those illegal pick plays if the Packers weren't so good at it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is the Madden most people know and remember, however before he got older and started to get a little "off", he was actually a very good commentator.

The problem with Madden is that he was in the business about 8 years too long.
Agreed. Madden was great, but he was slipping towards the end. He missed the easy stuff. His last season, he analyzed if a WR got his feet in bounds after the ruling was no catch. Looked at it from 3 angles in slow motion and he was sure it would be challenged but it wasn't. He never noticed the ball was never caught. The WR did get his feet in bounds but the ball bounced off his hands. Summerall must have been running to the bathroom and didn't help. Anyway, it was kind of funny that he missed it, but it was more sad as I figured this was the last season for Madden.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Technically, Aikman wouldn't have mentioned the Packers running those illegal pick plays if the Packers weren't so good at it.
I don't know - I don't notice it, but then again, I am a biased Packer fan. Just seemed strange to be watching/commenting on a game and take a jab to a completely unrelated team.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Cowboys hate the Packers mainly because of the Lombardi years. Aikman inherited it. I love it. By the way, any of you who haven't read "Lombardi's Left Side" by Herb Adderly are missing the scoop on the Cowboys under Landry. Landry was an SOB who deserved to lose to Lombardi every year.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know - I don't notice it, but then again, I am a biased Packer fan. Just seemed strange to be watching/commenting on a game and take a jab to a completely unrelated team.

Almost all of those WR screens with more than one receiver to the side the ball is being thrown is one of the plays.

The WR not getting the ball will quickly run up field and then block before the other WR gets the ball. It's tick tacky to call it illegal, but technically it is.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Madden, what happened to the telestrator? It seems like you don't see it used anymore during games. Madden used that thing for everything from highlighting routes and blocking on replays to circling the sweat on Earl Dotson's ***.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Madden, what happened to the telestrator? It seems like you don't see it used anymore during games. Madden used that thing for everything from highlighting routes and blocking on replays to circling the sweat on Earl Dotson's ***.
ESPN probably doesn't own the rights.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Almost all of those WR screens with more than one receiver to the side the ball is being thrown is one of the plays.

The WR not getting the ball will quickly run up field and then block before the other WR gets the ball. It's tick tacky to call it illegal, but technically it is.
Yes, and they take advantage of that because no other officiating crew calls it against them so they keep rolling with it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I think Buck is like 6'1 FYI

Ok, then, the pictures I've seen of him standing next Aikman who is 6'3 ... Joe must have been standing in a hole. I was definitely referring to mental capabilities, but since you brought up his 'internet height' ... I'll clarify.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well hate to be the bearer of bad news but if Pack make postseason we get them for every game. (Probably not Super Bowl but I dont know what station is airing the SB this year)

Yeah... I know. That which doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved Howard Cosell, Frank and Dandy Dan.
Say what you want about the guy but he was entertaining.
"He could go all the way"
Was that Cosell and not Chris Berman who came up with that?
And what about "Frozen Tundra?" Berman is credited with creating that one but I'm not so sure.
And on the subject of Berman, I think he sounds like he needs a Sucrets™ or cough drop.
His voice is sandpaper. And is it just me or does he seem like a righteous man who gets grumpy who doesn't get his way?

Language is NSFW:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Madden too.

Let's be honest, some guys you listen to for analysis, and some guys you listen to for entertainment. No one listens to Bob Uecker to learn about the nuances of baseball, they listen to him because he's fun to listen to. Madden falls into the same category. Sure, he'd make you laugh out loud sometimes, but is that really a bad thing?

I don't mind Gruden, I see him as kind of a blend of both.

Members online

Latest posts