Ahman Green arrested [UPDATED]

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taken from StarTribune.com

Packers' Ahman Green arrested
From Staff, Wire Reports
April 27, 2005

Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green was arrested after a domestic violence incident, the Brown County sheriff's department said Tuesday.

Sheriff's deputies went to his Ledgeview, Wis., residence after a 911 call ended with a hangup, the department said.

The Pro Bowl player was arrested at about 10:10 p.m. Monday after officers believed a domestic violence incident happened, the department said.

Green was taken to the Brown County jail but he posted bond and was released at about 11:50 p.m.

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson released a statement saying the organization was trying to get more information on the situation.

The organization wouldn't make further comments because it was a legal matter, he said.

A message left for Green's agent, David Dunn, wasn't immediately returned.

Green has been with the Packers since 2000 and was selected to the Pro Bowl the past four years.

He is second on the team's all-time rushing list after starting his career in Seattle.

While I know he's human, this makes me sad. I think Ahman is a great guy. This is disheartening.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The story neglects to point out what the woman did.

I California you can get arrested on the accusation and she can have no marks or any evidence. The dude is at a real disadvantage.

Under Sharia(Muslim) Law it takes the testimony of 2 women to equal one man.

Different systems different results.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
There was no physical confrontation but since he hung up the phone when his wife dialed 911 that was reason enough to send him to jail.

I posted during last season to trade green while is value was high... i said it more of a feeler to see what others thought, but geez maybe i was on to something there lol

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with this and javon and bubba and what i believe to be a sub par draft, right now this is a team in shambles.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Do you think he'll spend some time in jail?

Nope. He didn't hit her. If he had left any bruise of any sort his bail would have been substantually[sp] higher then $150.

This pressing of charges probably stems from Ahman filing for divorce.

Unless the State is the one pressing charges then that theory is butt wrong.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In California there is no need for any signs of physical injury the complaint is enough to send a man to jail.

Interuption of a 911 call is a seperat offence and the worst charge of all would be disconnecting the phone. Heaven help you if one were to pull it out of the wall.

Ahman is in real trouble if next year he signs with the niners, chargers or raiders.

A man's home is no longer his castle in CA.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sources: Green to be charged with disorderly conduct

Green Bay Packers running back Ahman Green will be charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct in Brown County Circuit Court Wednesday, according to sources close to the investigation.

Green was arrested April 25 after an argument with his wife, Heather, at their Ledgeview home. Brown County Sheriff

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
rabidgopher04 said:
Do you think he'll spend some time in jail?

Nope. He didn't hit her. If he had left any bruise of any sort his bail would have been substantually[sp] higher then $150.

This pressing of charges probably stems from Ahman filing for divorce.

Unless the State is the one pressing charges then that theory is butt wrong.

i'm sorry i dont believe this crap until they find ahman guilty...a lot of rich superstars are charged with domestic assault...and their fiances, wives, whoever want money...i see this too much to believe that ahman is guilty before any reputable court finds him guilty...

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
and was slamming doors in the house.

not too make light of "real" domestic abuse cases but come on. he was slamming doors???? i read earlier that he punched the bed????

what a friggin criminal ahman is. i'm taking his jersey off my wall right now. :roll:

hopefully nobody on here turns me in for the outstanding warrant and the massive bounty on me, but one time, i punched a wall. :shock:

Roadrunner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read the complaint here:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/new ... 5green.pdf

It's not as bad as the initial reports make it sound. That said, Green must (and the team should seriously pressure him) to get treatment for that kind of near-violent outburst. Before it gets worse. He does have a real problem now. When he gets that in hand many other things in his life can straighten themselves out.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Batman's problem is that he lets Catwoman (his wife) punch his buttons.
And, I might add, this probably is about money.... but, I'm not there so I have no proof.

The fact that he's applied for divorce... proves he knows what needs to be done..
Who wants to bet that when she finds out what little she may get afterwards..... she'll come runnin' back to resolve everything..... anyone?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Who wants to bet that when she finds out what little she may get afterwards..... she'll come runnin' back to resolve everything..... anyone?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"I want half Eddie!!"

Members online

Latest posts