Actual Signed Roster For 2022

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. Seems a little simplistic, but since there's no way to prove either side...
Theres more evidence that its very difficult to score a fhof qb...can i prove the packers wouldnt have, no. But i think we can agree its far more likely they would of been a losing franchise

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The decision to keep King was made last March. At the time Stokes wasn't drafted, very few people knew who Rasul Douglas was and OBJ was a Cleveland Brown. In other words, the Packers made that decision without a crystal ball. With what good starting CB's are paid in the NFL, I was not that unhappy with the King 1 year prove it deal. When he played (11 games) he wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. With the loss of Jaire for a good portion of the season, King was a good player to have.

Would I resign King? Depends on what they can do with Rasul and Sullivan. I doubt there is a big market for King and despite how much he seems to be despised by some Packer fans, at the right price, I would resign him.

Still at the time i was against it...becas king is a bonehead

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still at the time i was against it...becas king is a bonehead
Bonehead yes, I was not a fan of signing him for the cost we did, but understood why and wasn't against the logic of signing him. He played excellent when out there this past year - I believe he needs to serve as a teams' third to excel again.

The decision to keep King was made last March. At the time Stokes wasn't drafted, very few people knew who Rasul Douglas was and OBJ was a Cleveland Brown. In other words, the Packers made that decision without a crystal ball. With what good starting CB's are paid in the NFL, I was not that unhappy with the King 1 year prove it deal. When he played (11 games) he wasn't great, but he wasn't bad. With the loss of Jaire for a good portion of the season, King was a good player to have.

Would I resign King? Depends on what they can do with Rasul and Sullivan. I doubt there is a big market for King and despite how much he seems to be despised by some Packer fans, at the right price, I would resign him.

What I said above and have said elsewhere is why I keep King as an option to bring back...however I don't give him and Sullivan both an offer. Sullivan is a #3/4 CB with that being his ceiling of output IMO...King is a #2/3 ceiling of play type CB that is a blessing to have as your 3/4. Personally depending on cap Douglas could be untouchable for us and one of these two will be what we should do honestly.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What I said above and have said elsewhere is why I keep King as an option to bring back...however I don't give him and Sullivan both an offer. Sullivan is a #3/4 CB with that being his ceiling of output IMO...King is a #2/3 ceiling of play type CB that is a blessing to have as your 3/4. Personally depending on cap Douglas could be untouchable for us and one of these two will be what we should do honestly.
Obviously, most of what the Packers do will depend a lot on the "Rodgers Situation", as well as how much cap space they can clear up. Douglas is my preferred "keep" out of 3, but if the Packers are trying to assemble a Super Bowl team, then you try to keep 2 of the 3. King might find a bit higher 1 year prove it deal with a team that is willing to overlook his injury history, but I doubt it will be for all that much.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your two outside spots are firmly held by alexander and stokes...you could have douglas back as the 3 but don't think he can play inside. So if youre resigning him as the 3 that means alexander is your nickel. Not sure if thats his best spot but it could be. But i think you definitely wanna put the guy youre about to give 20 m or so per, in the best spot to maximize your return on the field.

I guess king supposedly played well in the slot this year but i think sullivan is better there. I dont think any of the 3 douglas included will be getting a big free agent deal especially with the cap being so low

Id really like to see them hit on a guy who can play in the slot in the draft...dont think its shemar jean charles but hell get a shot

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King allowed 19 receptions on 26 targets 73% not sure how many were in the slot but he was graded well by pff at 70.6

22 solo 4 assit 1 int 3 pd 10 games 6 starts

Sullivan allowed 48 receptions on 69 targets 69% I assume alomost exclusively from the slot, he was graded poorly by pff at 55.0

28 solo 5 assit 3 ints 4 pd 17 games 10 starts

Neither would be preffered options at 3/4 for me... tho if I had to choose one id take sullivan. Yes hes not gonna command much more than the veteran minimum while king can likely get a few million. But hes also available much more consistently and i dont see king as that much better of a player with sullivan clearly posessing better football iq.

I liked king coming out, thought he had the physical attributes. Didn't know he wasn't dependable at all

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
King is the exact type of CB you want to be you're #3/#4 - he can swing out or in...Sully cannot do that at all IMO. It isn't a defense of the logic saying King should be signed, it is merely very clear between the two who is the better 3/4, however if money is a factor you most likely have to go Sully

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Updating list to include the TE signed Alize Mack

For some of you this name will be quite familiar as a few of us (believe it may have been @Pokerbrat2000 and I especially) on this forum were a fan of him entering Day 3 of his draft class year (2019). He was selected in the 7th round by the Saints and over the years has served on Practice Squads for them, Steelers (19'), Chiefs (19') and Lions (21').

In his time in South Bend, IN with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish he averaged 10.5 yards a catch and had 4 TDs...but in his time at ND (big fan and live 40 mins from campus) he was never the receiving threat TE, he was the blocking tight end that made things happen - but always had sure hands when called upon. The MLF system could be perfect for him, but he has to be coming towards the end of his chances before he gives up hope you'd think. Its a good place to come with a possible retiring Lewis (I think hinges on Rodgers), Tonyan hurt and the rest unproven or still ascending young guys...the chance is there for him - if nothing else competition just got added.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also corrected to include JJ Molson as well who appears to have been announced with the bigger group of future contracts and I missed it.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly you don’t carry three kickers if one is a veteran and another has been around and many labeled heir apparent to the veteran.

Crosby is one of Rodgers closest friends….I take this as a small tick further to the way Rodgers is leaving. May just be a tick further that way but it is an indication to me of that IMO

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
We have signed Dominik Eberle, a kicker I really liked out of Utah State when I envision we’d walk from Crosby last year.
@captainWIMM is going to be doing backflips, since this was the UDFA Kicker he chose for our bet.

captainWIMM

Cheesehead​

Apr 26, 2020
Hey there,

Hope everything is fine with you and your family.

For our bet about the undrafted kicker being able to put up better numbers than Crosby I select Dominik Eberle from Utah State.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly you don’t carry three kickers if one is a veteran and another has been around and many labeled heir apparent to the veteran.

Crosby is one of Rodgers closest friends….I take this as a small tick further to the way Rodgers is leaving. May just be a tick further that way but it is an indication to me of that IMO
Crosby is due a $500k workout bonus. My guess is that amount just might be enough to cut him lose, before they are on the hook for it. I think cutting him ends up being about a $2.4M cap savings. If Rodgers is as smart as he seems, he shouldn't take a good business decision by the Packers personally.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see it as any indication that Rodgers is preparing to demand a trade and Yeah I dont see it being a problem if the packers end up upgrading from crosby either

While I think Crosby likely could have a bounce back season with a new special teams coach... Id assume Rodgers wouldnt mind having a more reliable kicker than last season one way or another

Saving 2m against the cap and having a more reliable guy would seem to me to be a win win

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see it as any indication that Rodgers is preparing to demand a trade and Yeah I dont see it being a problem if the packers end up upgrading from crosby either

While I think Crosby likely could have a bounce back season with a new special teams coach... Id assume Rodgers wouldnt mind having a more reliable kicker than last season one way or another

Saving 2m against the cap and having a more reliable guy would seem to me to be a win win

There is zero guarantee of an upgrade and Crosby had a terrible season yes, but it was very clear on at minimum half his misses it wasn’t his fault.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@captainWIMM is going to be doing backflips, since this was the UDFA Kicker he chose for our bet.

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]captainWIMM

Cheesehead​

Apr 26, 2020
Hey there,

Hope everything is fine with you and your family.

For our bet about the undrafted kicker being able to put up better numbers than Crosby I select Dominik Eberle from Utah State.

No joke I loved Eberle as a seventh rounder and the kid played in one game last season due to Covid and nailed a 51 yarder. I suspect between him and JJ we at minimum wil have a decent kicker with high upside

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby is the 6th highest paid kicker in the NFL. Is GB getting top-20% production out of our kicking game? No need to answer that. I hope that there's a decent kicker out there who can reliably kickoff deeper into the end zone 75% of the time, helping minimize reliance on the ST unit to be NFL quality.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just noticed I hadn't updated the numbers by positional groupings. 51 total players presently at least have 2022 contracts

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Eberle actually might be the first move made by the new Special Teams Coordinator. He spent his rookie season in 2020 on the Raiders’ practice squad. Bisaccia knows him and might really like him.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eberle actually might be the first move made by the new Special Teams Coordinator. He spent his rookie season in 2020 on the Raiders’ practice squad. Bisaccia knows him and might really like him.

Correct, they spent time together. BUT you don't hold three kickers, especially if one is your veteran organization point record holder. It just isn't something teams do.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Correct, they spent time together. BUT you don't hold three kickers, especially if one is your veteran organization point record holder. It just isn't something teams do.
It is if you are planning on releasing one to avoid the $500K workout bonus in his contract. I don't think we see Mason make it to training camp.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is if you are planning on releasing one to avoid the $500K workout bonus in his contract. I don't think we see Mason make it to training camp.

I concur, the second I saw the signing I crossed Crosby out in my mind.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers made the decision to move on from Crosby before last season was over. If he was a top 5 kicker maybe you keep him at that salary but not after the year he had.

Members online