1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Aaron's belt from Rick Flair?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by fettpett, Feb 7, 2011.

1. azpackersfan12

azpackersfan12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    How do you know the WWE and the NFL didn't have something worked out? How do you know Rodgers and the WWE didn't have something worked out? How about the Packers and the WWE? You are doing an awful lot of assuming in this discussion, and presenting very little facts...

And of course they had his pic "splashed on their website"! It's called Cross promotion. You know why the WWE has Rodgers on their site? Because one of their TV shows, Smackdown, is in a little town called GREEN BAY on Tuesday, the same day as the title celebration. They've even invited Rodgers and the packers to join them at the event. How do you have an event in a small town that just won a championship and NOT mention it or tie it in at all? It's a business no brainer to tie the two together. Like others have said, they could have just been ***** and sued and told him to stop. Instead they are running with it and Rodgers is having some fun with it.

I don't understand why you are making such big deal about this to be honest.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217

same...the point was who gave him the belt not to get all off on a tangent about the legal aspect of it

3. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    You think the NFL had something worked out with the WWE to show off their belt at the end of the SB? Yeah, ok. I am not making a big deal of it, the WWE capitalized off the Packers and the SB. Period. That is what I was pointing out. I didn't like that they were twisting the story after the fact about how he got the belt. That is the only problem I had. I love that someone was able to get free advertising on Super Bowl Sunday, I love Rodgers had the belt, I just didn't like the comments made after the fact that appear to be disingenuous.

4. Rodgers in the House

Rodgers in the House Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109

That is awesome. I did not know you can get one of that quality.

5. azpackersfan12

azpackersfan12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    Come on now, I never said they did. I said how do you KNOW they didn't? I was speaking in hypotheticals, which is why i listed more then one scenario. No need to put words in my mouth. We're on the same side Broseph!

Fair enough. I just didn't see this point made in your other posts. It seemed like you were trying to rip the WWE for capitalizing off the pack and trying to cash in on this. That is where I was disagreeing, I think it's great they are cross-promoting him instead of suing or something.

Seems what you are actually saying is that you don't mind that, you mind that the story is getting changed and fudged with after the fact, and I can 100% agree with you that that is pretty lame. Sorry If I misunderstood what you were saying :)

6. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    No controversy where this belt came from...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I would still like to know where he got the belt he was wearing when he was holding the trophy.