Aaron Rodgers wishes to be a PACKER for LIFE

Rodgers Packer for LIFE?

• Total voters

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't even imagine him wearing anything else, I think I would want to throw up if he ever left Green Bay for another franchise. Cross your fingers it doesn't become a "DREW BREES situation"

"Obviously my representation, just like any representation, is trying to get the most money possible at times. I don’t see it being an issue. I want to be a Packer for life and I don’t see myself going anywhere else," last season's NFL Most Valuable Player
told the Green Bay Press-Gazette in a story

that appeared Sunday. "I don’t think they would even get close to that. When the negotiation time does come I have confidence in my representation and I know we’re going to do a fair deal, it’s fair for them and for me. And hopefully I’ll feel good about it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...gers-not-worried-about-future-contract-issues

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I love it...at one point or another every player of any notoriety is forced to utter that phrase.

There is no telling, of course, how this thing plays out over the course of the next few years but, I will say that Rodgers seems to be a really good guy - if he's the same person that we see projected through the sports media, his parents should be given MAJOR props for molding him into the man he's become.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've heard this a hundred times. Hopefully when crunch time comes, this will hold true. I will say this: he guys we have playing at the big-money positions (Rodgers, Jennings, Matthews, Williams) don't seem to be nearly as money-motivated as most of their league counterparts. I like that.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our team is smarter than most when it comes to managing the cap. I'm confident they'll find a way to get a deal done.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't even imagine him wearing anything else, I think I would want to throw up if he ever left Green Bay for another franchise. Cross your fingers it doesn't become a "DREW BREES situation"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-not-worried-about-future-contract-issuesLast I checked Rodgers makes about 8M per year. Green Bay will at minimum have to double that. I just checked google & Sanchise who's not a franchise QB made $17M last year & he's no where close to being as good a QB as Rodgers. Rodgers wasn't even in the top 10 highest pd for last year. Best case scenario Rodgers gets an 8 yr. $150M. Rodgers is 28. He'll turn 29 Dec. 2nd. That would take him upto his 37th b-day(should he sign next year)& avg $18.75M. I can see Rodgers winning at least 2 more SBs before retiring.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weebles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've heard this a hundred times. Hopefully when crunch time comes, this will hold true. I will say this: he guys we have playing at the big-money positions (Rodgers, Jennings, Matthews, Williams) don't seem to be nearly as money-motivated as most of their league counterparts. I like that.

Truthfully, none of those guys have had huge years before they resigned a contract. Ya they seem that way now, but we don't really know until their next deal comes around. I'm hoping we get a 6-8 year contract with Rodgers though, and hopefully we get him for less than 25 mil/year which could be possible when the time comes.

They'll all get their payday, and I'm actually thinking that Jennings might be let go if he doesn't settle for less than what his stats suggest he's worth.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is signed through 2014 as of now. He'll turn 29 Dec.2nd. IMO the best case scenario contrct wise for Rodgers would be an 8yr $150M. That's an avg. of $18.75M per year. Rodgers signs next yr then the contract will take him through his 37th b-day.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could sign him for an average of 18.75M a year, that may end up being a serious bargain. With the new TV money coming in next season, the cap will likely go up quite a bit. It may not be long before we see the top QBs making $30M a year.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we could sign him for an average of 18.75M a year, that may end up being a serious bargain. With the new TV money coming in next season, the cap will likely go up quite a bit. It may not be long before we see the top QBs making $30M a year.
$18.75M would definatly be a bargin. If I were Rodgers I'd want to be one of the highest pd players but then Rodgers seems like he's down to earth & doesn't complain. I figure Brees will get about $20M & Rodgers deserves to be paid as much as if not more than Brees

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's going to be awhile before the cap jumps up at a crazy rate due to tv money. It's kind of a misconception.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It's going to be awhile before the cap jumps up at a crazy rate due to tv money. It's kind of a misconception.
I too thought the cap was going to spike in 2014 when the TV money is due to increase but according to the ESPN article linked below, ivo is correct and the reason is because the cap was supposed to be lower this season and the NFLPA traded future benefit dollars to prop up the cap this year and next. This article says that in spite of the increase in TV money in 2014, the cap in 2015 could be only $122. Considering it was $123M in 2009 it looks like the league really kicked the NFLPA's behind in the current CBA.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7744901/nfl-soaring-revenues-coincide-salary-cap-growth

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Depends. What will he feel when the team isn't 15-1 and misses the playoffs a year or two.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts