Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Seems like the consensus from the guys on the Pat M show as well as Ian Rapoport....Rodgers is either announcing his retirement or that he is staying in Green Bay. Makes sense.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cant see him retiring but ill admit if you had to choose one reading that instagram post youd say retirement...reading it sounded very much like a farewell

But i still think hes back and hes just messing with people like the troll he is

Monday gratitude

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like the consensus from the guys on the Pat M show as well as Ian Rapoport....Rodgers is either announcing his retirement or that he is staying in Green Bay. Makes sense.
I'd be really surprised to see him retire. Which doesn't mean he won't, but I'd be surprised.
Unless the Packers actually don't want him back, and that's his out. But I think if Rodgers is willing, the Packers will want to keep him. It's a good business move at least, whether it's a good football move or not (although I believe it is).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd be really surprised to see him retire. Which doesn't mean he won't, but I'd be surprised.
Unless the Packers actually don't want him back, and that's his out. But I think if Rodgers is willing, the Packers will want to keep him. It's a good business move at least, whether it's a good football move or not (although I believe it is).
In the short term, the Packers are a much better team with Rodgers. I am not so sure about long term and a lot of that will have to do with what they do with other players and the cap in the next 3 months.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did this thread not get moved to the Aaron Rodgers sub-forum like all the rest?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the short term, the Packers are a much better team with Rodgers. I am not so sure about long term and a lot of that will have to do with what they do with other players and the cap in the next 3 months.
There's definitely a valid argument for blowing it up and starting over, you just never know if that's going to work or if it's going to open another 25 years of futility. With Rodgers, we're a playoff team at least, most likely. And I don't think there's anything wrong with showing a HOF QB a little loyalty, especially one that's still playing at a high level - although I can understand why a lot of people think that shouldn't enter into it.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looks like Mr. Rodgers may have fibbed about Shailene...she was heard laughing in the background the other day...like the sands through the hour glass, these are the days of 12's lies.:confused:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
looks like Mr. Rodgers may have fibbed about Shailene...she was heard laughing in the background the other day...like the sands through the hour glass, these are the days of 12's lies.:confused:

To be fair it was only said they called their engagement off. It was never made crystal clear that they no longer are dating or talking…which he made it kinda clear that they are still friends and he thinks the world of her.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
To be fair it was only said they called their engagement off. It was never made crystal clear that they no longer are dating or talking…which he made it kinda clear that they are still friends and he thinks the world of her.
Wouldn't shock me if they are just fine and dandy and loving the incorrect gossip that's floating around about them. AR will just use it as further proof that you shouldn't believe what you read online.

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're talking about the McAfee show, Pat pointed out that they heard laughing in the background and AR said it was the TV.

Also, Florio still click baiting and I fell for it again:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If you're talking about the McAfee show, Pat pointed out that they heard laughing in the background and AR said it was the TV.
If you watch Aaron's face when he said it was the TV, I don't even think Pat believed him. Considering that we never hear "the TV", any other time during that long chat, I definitely think there was a woman nearby. Now if it was Shay or not, who knows.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't a TV, all else is just fabricated media BS as to whom it was or wasn't. Mountain out of a mole hill is all.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that it's not completely Rodgers' fault that the offense did not play well. Also, I wasn't saying it was Rodgers' fault that ST was terrible. I'm saying that blame should be assigned in terms of how a unit performed compared to how we expected them to perform. We knew ST was terrible, so we shouldn't be surprised they performed terribly in the game. But Rodgers' and the offense's overall performance in the game was surprisingly bad.

I wasn't surprised the special teams were terrible vs. the Niners but that doesn't mean they don't deserve the majority of the blame for the loss.

As mentioned before, the offense definitely performed below expectations and is rightfully criticized for it as well.

1. Suffer for an extra season or two in the near future $Cap$ wise from money transitioning additional debt into the future on multiple players.

There's absolutely no doubt that the Packers pushing cap hits into future years will result in them having to cut their losses at some point down the road. I don't have any issue with that as the year after the team moves on from Rodgers was supposed to be a rebuilding season anyway.

3. We highly likely part with 3-4 good starting caliber players due to financial constraints, such as
A top 5 ILB in FA OR Top 25 CB
Atop 10 OLB in FA
A A Starting caliber veteran TE
A starting caliber #3 WR
A #4 type WR
A starting caliber RT

If we're solely talking about the 2022 season the Packers will be able to afford to retain the same players no matter if they move on from Rodgers or extend him to save cap space.

On the bright side we likely get 3 more seasons of #12 slinging the ball, (my prediction is a 4 year rework with a 4th yr “out”)but with a very gradual waning of talent surrounding him each season. My prediction is we can keep our head above water 2 seasons and then we sink from the wake of other teams speeding by us with double 250HP engines.

So my question back to you. Do you believe roughly 2 seasons (3 tops) is worth that opportunity cost??

I definitely prefer having a realistic shot at being a contender for as long as possible over moving on from Rodgers this offseason. There's no guarantee the Packers will be able to field a decent team even while receiving draft picks in return for Rodgers and saving cap space along the way.

If we re-up with #12. I think GB should go out and draft 1 more OL by round 2. One that takes our weak link and makes it our strength. Newman isn’t ready yet.

Once other teams highly respect our rushing phase, it will open up things closer to a 2020 Type version. If we start getting better run blocking I think you’ll see our O get back inside the top 5-7 production range (or better).

Much of our woes started upfront on OL due to injury and departure of Corey. We regressed heavily from 2020 and it showed in our inability to run effectively. Just 18th in Rushing yards is embarrassing and it reflected in our major regression (8th passing). Our RB group should be top 5 and our passing top 3.

The Packers need to have significantly more luck with injuries on the offensive line next season for the unit to excel like they did in 2020. If the group is able to stay healthy I expect them to perform at a very good level.

jdizz81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone else think Rodgers just doesn’t want to take part in otas ect and just wants to do his own thing till training camp. He’s just trying to find and excuse to his teammates to still be the team player/leader but not show up to offseason workouts. Tbh I think this works as Love can take first team reps in otas until training camp. Semi-retired lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers already said he's not going to partake in OTA's going forward and at this point, I don't care. Once you're at that point your reps in season get limited to a degree anyway, why do more in April? so he can learn the offense?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OTAs are great for figuring out position depth and letting younger guys get into the swing of things. So long as Rodgers has enough time during pre-season to get on the same page with young receivers I'm perfectly content to let Love or some other backup get the reps.

Members online

Latest posts