Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Statistically speaking it is at 8 years of marriage when women start to stray. That's per scientific studies. The 7 year itch is a myth not reality. You are stereotyping people. 30 is young depending on experience. Some people at that age may have had only one relationship in their life while others may have had dozens and some people may have never had a relationship. We have no way of knowing how many relationhips Shailene Woodley has had. She may not have had any. She may have simply enjoyed casual sex her entire life and nerver seriously cared for anyone in a way that would constitute a monogamous relationship. That pretty much is the Hollywood way.
I didn't get married until I was 28 years old. Hubby and I just celebrated 40 years together yesterday.

I don't know why Rodgers is so attracted to these Hollywood types. Yes, they are attractive and all but most actors don't have steady relationships and get divorced as often as I change my socks. ;)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t mind the Smith deals or Amos. Thought they were all good. The Turner deal I thought was atrocious and still do.

The bad signings are the most recent ones to keep our own guys. Mercedes Lewis shouldn’t be making anything above veterans minimum. King shouldn’t have gotten more than the veterans minimum. I don’t care what the bargain was, when you’re down on cap you don’t resign RBs. Sorry Jones. Shouldn’t have needed to trade for Cobb had we just done the smart thing and drafted a WR to develop moving into his 2nd year but we went in the complete opposite direction and did the dumbest thing by drafting Love. I like his story and don’t hate the player but I hate the decision to make that pick with an unforgivable passion.

Little decisions here and there add up to a massive mismanagement of the cap. You cut a few of those moves out and we save cap space from last year plus kill off some of the void years we are paying for this year.

I didn’t agree with King signing but stop with the Lewis ignorance, you’re illustrating a lack of knowledge of how crucial of a cog he was this season and past ones in the MLF system.

Reaction score
I think the packers can afford to and will resign Rodgers and Adams without incurring "cap hell" later on or gutting other position groups. Because I believe the cap is gonna go up significantly over the next 5 seasons. Like record breaking significantly

You think they can not...no?
First of all. Even though our cap is in line with our 2021 Special Teams, yes we can borrow more from the future. That’s not a big secret.
The argument is that at some point (likely in the next several years) The Packers-Rodgers relationship WILL end. That’ll happen through 1 party or the other or both. Please don’t think that Andrew Luck or BJ Raji are the only ones who have weighed those type options. Our QB has already voiced it and we can’t negate that there’s an outside chance he walks away, gets injured or goes on a rapid decline. That latter will happen because he’s human and it’s probably we’ve already seen PEAK Rodgers.

With those concerns, we are at a crossroads. Sure we’d like to keep him, but that’s not entirely our decision. It takes both parties each season to commit. We face major hurdles that I can see.
1. Suffer for an extra season or two in the near future $Cap$ wise from money transitioning additional debt into the future on multiple players.

2. Lose out on possibly up to 3-5 very good players on Rookie contracts for the next 4 seasons. Those players likely include our choice of 2 of the best 4 QBs to hit the market in 2022-2023.
I have that cost at:
A top 3 overall QB in the draft in either 2022-‘23
A Day 1 draft selection in ‘22-‘23
A 2nd round selection in 2022
A 3rd round selection in 2023
A veteran starter at our position of choice in a trade scenario.

3. We highly likely part with 3-4 good starting caliber players due to financial constraints, such as
A top 5 ILB in FA OR Top 25 CB
Atop 10 OLB in FA
A A Starting caliber veteran TE
A starting caliber #3 WR
A #4 type WR
A starting caliber RT

If we go Rodgers, there is an offset of opportunity cost lost in
a. the draft
b. Cap monies
c. Veteran FA

On the bright side we likely get 3 more seasons of #12 slinging the ball, (my prediction is a 4 year rework with a 4th yr “out”)but with a very gradual waning of talent surrounding him each season. My prediction is we can keep our head above water 2 seasons and then we sink from the wake of other teams speeding by us with double 250HP engines.

So my question back to you. Do you believe roughly 2 seasons (3 tops) is worth that opportunity cost??

Last edited:

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
& Arod doesn't want to be in a team that is rebuilding.

look at Dolphins under Marino. Good if not great QB didn't win a ring. At least we won 1 with '#12

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all. Even though our cap is in line with our 2021 Special Teams, yes we can borrow more from the future. That’s not a big secret.
The argument is that at some point (likely in the next several years) The Packers-Rodgers relationship WILL end. That’ll happen through 1 party or the other or both. Please don’t think that Andrew Luck or BJ Raji are the only ones who have weighed those type options. Our QB has already voiced it and we can’t negate that there’s an outside chance he walks away, gets injured or goes on a rapid decline. That latter will happen because he’s human and it’s probably we’ve already seen PEAK Rodgers.

With those concerns, we are at a crossroads. Sure we’d like to keep him, but that’s not entirely our decision. It takes both parties each season to commit. We face major hurdles that I can see.
1. Suffer for an extra season or two in the near future $Cap$ wise from money transitioning additional debt into the future on multiple players.

2. Lose out on possibly up to 3-5 very good players on Rookie contracts for the next 4 seasons. Those players likely include our choice of 2 of the best 4 QBs to hit the market in 2022-2023.
I have that cost at:
A top 3 overall QB in the draft in either 2022-‘23
A Day 1 draft selection in ‘22-‘23
A 2nd round selection in 2022
A 3rd round selection in 2023
A veteran starter at our position of choice in a trade scenario.

3. We highly likely part with 3-4 good starting caliber players due to financial constraints, such as
A top 5 ILB in FA OR Top 25 CB
Atop 10 OLB in FA
A A Starting caliber veteran TE
A starting caliber #3 WR
A #4 type WR
A starting caliber RT

If we go Rodgers, there is an offset of opportunity cost lost in
a. the draft
b. Cap monies
c. Veteran FA

On the bright side we likely get 3 more seasons of #12 slinging the ball, (my prediction is a 4 year rework with a 4th yr “out”)but with a very gradual waning of talent surrounding him each season. My prediction is we can keep our head above water 2 seasons and then we sink from the wake of other teams speeding by us with double 250HP engines.

So my question back to you. Do you believe roughly 2 seasons (3 tops) is worth that opportunity cost??

I understand opportunity cost...I guess in this case I go with the bird in the hand instead of 2 in the bush...ya know

I disagree that Rodgers can play at a top 5 qb level for only 3 more seasons tops. Yes, i get football is just a job for these guys like working at walmart is just a job. And like Rodgers can afford to choose not to get vaccinated he could afford to choose to retire certainly. I wouldnt blame him if he did. You do what makes you happy, I just think what makes Rodgers happy more than anything at least at this point is playing football. And i dont see that changing for at least 3 more seasons

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't know why Rodgers is so attracted to these Hollywood types.
I guess one might also ask the question of "Why are these Hollywood types attracted to Rodgers?" Is it his fame and fortune or just his boyish good looks and charm? I know a few women that think he is a total ****** bag.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess one might also ask the question of "Why are these Hollywood types attracted to Rodgers?" Is it his fame and fortune or just his boyish good looks and charm? I know a few women that think he is a total ****** bag.
Hahaha...a lot of horrible personal decisions being made when involving rich, famous people. AR is smart, personable, famous & worth over $120 million (with considerably more on the way)...what's NOT attractive to a young person?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand opportunity cost...I guess in this case I go with the bird in the hand instead of 2 in the bush...ya know

I disagree that Rodgers can play at a top 5 qb level for only 3 more seasons tops. Yes, i get football is just a job for these guys like working at walmart is just a job. And like Rodgers can afford to choose not to get vaccinated he could afford to choose to retire certainly. I wouldnt blame him if he did. You do what makes you happy, I just think what makes Rodgers happy more than anything at least at this point is playing football. And i dont see that changing for at least 3 more seasons

:tup: :tup: the bird in the hand thing. I just don't understand the willingness of some people to spend everything we get for Rodgers just hoping you get a decent replacement in the draft. I get the younger thing but what are the chances?

I know a few who think he is a total ****** bag as well but they would jump at a chance to get their hooks into him.

As far as fame and fortune I'd say Munn, Patrick and Woodley had just as much F&F on their own as they did as Aaron Rodgers' girlfriend. As football fans we don't believe it but there is a world out there who doesn't give a rats *** about the NFL or its players.

Last edited:
Reaction score

If we re-up with #12. I think GB should go out and draft 1 more OL by round 2. One that takes our weak link and makes it our strength. Newman isn’t ready yet.

Once other teams highly respect our rushing phase, it will open up things closer to a 2020 Type version. If we start getting better run blocking I think you’ll see our O get back inside the top 5-7 production range (or better).

Much of our woes started upfront on OL due to injury and departure of Corey. We regressed heavily from 2020 and it showed in our inability to run effectively. Just 18th in Rushing yards is embarrassing and it reflected in our major regression (8th passing). Our RB group should be top 5 and our passing top 3.
It’s inconceivable to think we’d finish bottom half in either category.
Quit trying projects on the OL..
that should be our strength

Go get another OL that can run someone over and win at the point of attack on pure leverage. I’d go DL+OL Inside Day1-2

Last edited:

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t agree with King signing but stop with the Lewis ignorance, you’re illustrating a lack of knowledge of how crucial of a cog he was this season and past ones in the MLF system.

Sure he was a useful player but at his age he really doesn’t have much that should be drawing any type of dollar value. He’s a good blocker. He’s not a starting TE, he’s not a dynamic receiver, and he offers nothing on special teams.

Who else would pay him 3M per year? He’s just simply not worth that.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't recall another playoff team with ST this horrendous. Even if that unit was a little below average we win that game and folks aren't labeling Rodgers a choke artist.

It’s no different than losing in 2014 to the Seahawks. Fans blamed Rodgers left and right. Really he did what he needed to do to win against a tough defense in both situations. Both games lost solely in special teams.

Fans have always hated Rodgers. I’ve never understood it. Saints fans adore Brees. Colts fans adored Manning. Every turn along the way Packers fans have hated Rodgers.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure he was a useful player but at his age he really doesn’t have much that should be drawing any type of dollar value. He’s a good blocker. He’s not a starting TE, he’s not a dynamic receiver, and he offers nothing on special teams.

Who else would pay him 3M per year? He’s just simply not worth that.

Id certainly agree that no other team was going to give him 2 years 6 m...but i believe he was/is very valuable to the team. Some players/employees have value that goes beyond what they do on the field

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t believe our offensive line was as good as many do. With all started healthy? Better, but we didn’t have that all year.

I think Lewis got a little more so we didn’t have to rely on unknowns or pay a lot more for another OT. He gave us options. It’s time to move in from that option though

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arod doesn't want to be in a team that is rebuilding.
Well, all he has to do is take a significant paycut and ****** we're not rebuilding any more. I realize that isn't realistic, of course.

I know a few women that think he is a total ****** bag.
I know a few women who think Rodgers is smoking hot also. Of course the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Fans have always hated Rodgers. I’ve never understood it. Saints fans adore Brees. Colts fans adored Manning. Every turn along the way Packers fans have hated Rodgers.
I've never hated Rodgers. I don't blindly kiss his **** either, but I've never hated him. Never hated Favre either, not even when he was playing with the Vikings.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way he is wearing his hair these days and the scruffy beard he looks like a billy goat. lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id certainly agree that no other team was going to give him 2 years 6 m...but i believe he was/is very valuable to the team. Some players/employees have value that goes beyond what they do on the field

However not a soul on the team could touch what he does well on the field as well.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However not a soul on the team could touch what he does well on the field as well.

Yeah thats true hes a great role player on the field...great blocker and good enough pass catcher still to make important plays in big moments at times. Hes so rarely been responsible for a play like we saw on the 2nd drive of the 9ers game...i hope thats not his last game with the team

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Florio allows himself to be so annoyed by Rodgers. Too bad he gets so many clicks when he writes these dumb columns. Must really grate on him.
Let's hope McAfee can be a better "journalist" on today's show.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Florio allows himself to be so annoyed by Rodgers. Too bad he gets so many clicks when he writes these dumb columns. Must really grate on him.

Uh oh Rodgers ended his message with the words Love and Peace...he flipped how I do it. Its...peace and love but I stole mine from bob marley

Either way those two things are the most important and when enough people truly believe that...the world we live in will become unrecognizable

Imagine if we used all the resources, physical, mental, and financial, we use to fight each other to instead help each other

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"

Jimi Hendrix

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What time is McAfee's show?

Members online