Aaron Rodgers update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The best way to develop a backup is to beat the other team so badly the backup can come in the fourth quarter and get reps. :sneaky:

Not in the MM game plan. When the back up comes in it is : hand off up the middle, hand off up the middle, hand off up the middle, Punt. Give the other team garbage time points. Repeat step one, repeat step two...awww crap they are catching up now and make it a closer game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vince Young should have gotten a chance to learn the offense or what he needed to learn before they decided to jettison him off and screw up the backup options in the process.

Last edited:

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be clear I didn't say sitting Rodgers is sullying the team, I said sitting Rodgers in order to try and intentionally lose a game in order get a higher draft pick next season is sullying the team.

In regard to developing a backup, I believe that's what pre-season is for, plus the backups will have had 5-6 games between them to get reps in.
How do you designate between the two? If AR sits what determines the motive? Is it subjective?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
So many in this thread punishing themselves ... bordering on mental self-flagellation over something they have NO control over. Rodgers is out, he's injured and our guys stink without his talent and on-the-field leadership. That's the facts guys and they're not going away .. we all need to stop gnashing our teeth over this one.

In the meantime, read the comments after this PFT article ... actually kind of funny. A Vikie Troll and a Packers fan are really and truly exchanging barbs about which state has better "bridge" (as in structures built over rivers) maintenance. It is just ridiculous.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...but-flynn-runs-first-string-offense/#comments

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
So many in this thread punishing themselves ... bordering on mental self-flagellation over something they have NO control over. Rodgers is out, he's injured and our guys stink without his talent and on-the-field leadership. That's the facts guys and they're not going away .. we all need to stop gnashing our teeth over this one.

If I may interject a bit of personal indulgence here... (I'm also working on my post count as witnessed by posting an Abba video). There is nothing wrong with Philip Rivers. Actually he is having a pretty good season. But we still suck. Much worse than the Packers. Our defense is putrid compared to yours. Norv Turner got the bum's rush out of town and we picked up an OC from the Donks to replace him that makes Schrottenheimer's mental gridlock look worth an honorary doctorate at Harvard.

Don't start wearing the losers mentality here. You guys have a proud organization. Ours just flirted with a short interlude of elite status before the wheels came of again. There is a difference.

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
A loser's mentality isn't part of my personal makeup. However, self delusion for the sake of being a 'good fan' isn't in my personal make up neither. Right now...at this point in time...our guys stink. Easy as that. For reasons that are obvious to all and repairable by no one until we get our real guys back. I was commenting on those who are subliminally pining for the Sherman era and don't even know it.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A loser's mentality isn't part of my personal makeup. However, self delusion for the sake of being a 'good fan' isn't in my personal make up neither. Right now...at this point in time...our guys stink. Easy as that. For reasons that are obvious to all and repairable by no one until we get our real guys back. I was commenting on those who are subliminally pining for the Sherman era and don't even know it.
At least no one is pining for the Ray Rhodes era.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
A loser's mentality isn't part of my personal makeup. However, self delusion for the sake of being a 'good fan' isn't in my personal make up neither. Right now...at this point in time...our guys stink. Easy as that.

I wasn't referring to you specifically. Realistically even if the Lions and Bears both nose dive, you'd be looking at the Panthers, Saints or 49ers in the Wildcard game. Those are all teams that could rack up big points against the Packers. I don't see much upside to debate about either.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to you specifically. Realistically even if the Lions and Bears both nose dive, you'd be looking at the Panthers, Saints or 49ers in the Wildcard game. Those are all teams that could rack up big points against the Packers. I don't see much upside to debate about either.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Packers defense at New Orleans?

Anyone remember 2008 (or was it 2009) when we played at New Orleans?
They scored at will.
I think Brees was about 40-42 for 5 TDs and 600 yards.
This would be the same unless they donated a few turnovers like the Lions did last Thursday when they still scored 40.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score

I don't really see a scenario where the Packers get in as a wildcard. If you get New Orleans it would be at home. You'd all have to pray for the mother of all blizzards.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't really see a scenario where the Packers get in as a wildcard. If you get New Orleans it would be at home. You'd all have to pray for the mother of all blizzards.
Yeah there's no way we'd make it in as a wildcard.
We trail San Fran and Carolina/New Orleans by too much.

But imagine Brees in that dome getting this defense.
It would be like a scrimmage in OTAs where the ball wouldn't hit the ground, except all the spikes of touchdowns.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In the meantime, read the comments after this PFT article ... actually kind of funny. A Vikie Troll and a Packers fan are really and truly exchanging barbs about which state has better "bridge" (as in structures built over rivers) maintenance. It is just ridiculous.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...but-flynn-runs-first-string-offense/#comments
shoddymnbridgerepair saysDec 5, 2013 4:08 PM
The Great Ted Thompson the Genius says:
Dec 5, 2013 3:56 PM
shoddymnbridgerepair saysDec 5, 2013 2:38 PM

obsessedvikingfan says:
Dec 5, 2013 2:29 PM
Packer fans don’t understand anything let alone football.

They do understand proper bridge design and repair.
________

There’s a bridge on the interstate outside of Green Bay that is closed because it is falling apart.

What a novel idea – closing it so nobody gets hurt.

Last edited:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anyone remember 2008 (or was it 2009) when we played at New Orleans?
They scored at will.
I think Brees was about 40-42 for 5 TDs and 600 yards.
This would be the same unless they donated a few turnovers like the Lions did last Thursday when they still scored 40.
And this time it would be the Packers fans showing up with the paper bags over the heads.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/4470/woodson-has-insight-into-rodgers-injury'

Woodson broke his collarbone on Oct. 21 last season, and did not return until the Jan. 5 wild-card playoff game against the Minnesota Vikings -- 11 weeks. Rodgers is only four weeks and two days removed from his injury. It’s unknown how the two injuries compare, but Rodgers has said it might take six to eight weeks for his break to heal completely.

“I went through the same thing last year and I wanted to come back Week 12, 13, 14,” said Woodson, who signed with the Raiders in May as a free agent. “But the scans never gave us that confidence, so I didn’t come back until the playoffs.”

Unfortunately for Rodgers, he might not have that chance because without him, the Packers' playoff hopes look bleak.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Not for minute did I think you were. I could be one of the thickest skinned posters you'll find.

AM540 ESPN out of Milwaukee this morning...ongoing debate with callers as to whether or not you're a bad fan if you're dumping tickets to Sunday's game because Rodgers isn't playing... It can be really painful listening to callers on those shows...hahaha

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I'm glad you mentioned that it isn't Rodgers injury alone, but a whole grab bag full of injuries have impacted the team this year. Some times stuff happens. That's the way life is. So you hang on to hope and look to the future. No athletic organization always has everything rosey all the time. Maybe it's time to resurrect the old "The Pack Will Be Back" slogan.

H

HardRightEdge

Evidently "6 weeks" is what they like to say before having any way of knowing what they're dealing with:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8538269/charles-woodson-green-bay-packers-broken-collarbone

It might behoove this management to start quoting broader, more conservative ranges for recovery. When was the last time we've had anybody come back earlier than initially expected? Maybe never? Certainly rarely. It does the player and the organization no good to always poop out the most rosy scenario.

Why anyone would hang their hat on a 4-6 week projection for Rodgers given this team's record with injury predictions, I'll never know. Then the self-same gullibles who believe that stuff for lack of paying attention have the nerve to criticize Rodgers' will to play.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Evidently "6 weeks" is what they like to say before having any way of knowing what they're dealing with:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8538269/charles-woodson-green-bay-packers-broken-collarbone

It might behoove this management to start quoting broader, more conservative ranges for recovery. When was the last time we've had anybody come back earlier than initially expected? Maybe never? Certainly rarely. It does the player and the organization no good to always poop out the most rosy scenario.

Why anyone would hang their hat on a 4-6 week projection for Rodgers given this team's record with injury predictions, I'll never know. Then the self-same gullibles who believe that stuff for lack of paying attention have the nerve to criticize Rodgers' will to play.
Early on Air-Run said that he is a "quick healer."
I think those words may be sticking with us.
I guess he's not as quick as I thought or was hoping for.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers (and media) did a great disservice to Rodgers by using a 4-6 week time table. The optimistic time table put false hope in the minds of fans. It kind of reminds me of the Derrick Rose saga last year. The fans thought he'd be back by the All-Star Game, but the longer he stayed sidelined the more the fans became upset.

People forget that the same injury cost Charles Woodson 11 weeks and Tony Romo 10 weeks.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the impression that AR could play if absolutely need be, but would risk a more severe injury if he got hurt again. It feels like the organization has weighed the pros and cons of this with the thinking that he'd play if we were legitimate super bowl contenders but that the risk of reinjury isnt worth a possible playoff trip that would probably be fruitless.

Just my gut feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts