Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather get higher draft picks. Risking further injury to Rodgers for silly notions of pride or whatever else is just plain foolhardy. Absolutely no logic in your argument, period.

His argument comes from a prideful fan perspective... that's why it doesn't contain logic. Rodgers collarbone needs to be TOTALLY healed, nothing less. Let the franchise player heal and get the higher draft picks. Maybe there will be an impact defender available.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His argument comes from a fan perspective... that's why it doesn't contain logic. Rodgers collarbone needs to be TOTALLY healed, nothing less. Let the franchise player heal and get the higher draft picks. Maybe there will be an impact defender available.

Agreed, but it is like you and him did not read by post, if Rodgers is cleared by the medical staff to play, then he plays.

You do understand that if the medical staff clears him to play, then he is healed.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did the Jaguars and Buccaneers tank the season when they were winless through half the season? Did the Browns tank the season when it looked like they had no chance in hell of winning a football game early in the season?

I hate to inject facts into this rambling, but:

1) Didn't the Bucs cut their starting QB (who is in a contract year) and start a player nobody even knew was on the roster?

2) Didn't the Browns trade the person who the entire world thought was their best offensive player (Trent Richardson) for a 1st round pick?

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, but it is like you and him did not read by post, if Rodgers is cleared by the medical staff to play, then he plays.

You do understand that if the medical staff clears him to play, then he is healed.

It's a broken bone. There is really nothing to "clear". Either the bone is healed or it's not. No grey area.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, you are ridiculous, so you can sit there and say that if Rodgers is cleared by the medical staff to play, we should not play him in order to get higher draft picks? I am sorry but you are the one with no logic in your post at all. That is not the way it works, you play to win period.

Don't get me wrong, I am by NO means saying play Rodgers if he is not healthy and read to go, but if he is CLEARED BY THE MEDICAL STAFF to play football, they he plays. Period.

How can you possibly disagree with that? Seriously?
Silly notion of pride? What the hell? Pride is all this team has left, and if they do not have any pride, they should not be on the football field. And you would rather play for a higher draft pick?

That is seriously the most asinine comment about professional football that could ever be made and is ONLY made by fans that do not have a single clue what they are talking about. Those words would NEVER be uttered with in an NFL team and if they were suggested by anyone within in the team, they would need to be shown the door.
Hahahaha, OK man. two posts? Really?
I don't see the point in playing Rodgers, healthy or not, if we don't have a shot at the playoffs. Getting higher Draft picks is more of a byproducts of that decision than a reason to do it. (Yes; I am aware that draft position means next to nothing). Preserving the health of a 22 mil/ year investment is more the reason, not risking him in games that are meaningless in the grand scheme of things. How is whether my comment about "silly notions of pride ..." being uttered inside a locker room or not at all relevant to this discussion. Fact of the matter is that it is entirely besides the point.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score

But is he 100% Is the risk of another injury as low as it would have been had he not been injured in the first place?

You are talking in absolutes when there are none. You are quoting John Belushi as an authority. :D

16ga

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
so why risk the heath of any of the players? once we have no chance at the playoffs tell them to all stay homeand we forfeit?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to inject facts into this rambling, but:

1) Didn't the Bucs cut their starting QB (who is in a contract year) and start a player nobody even knew was on the roster?

2) Didn't the Browns trade the person who the entire world thought was their best offensive player (Trent Richardson) for a 1st round pick?
Don't forget the Browns also bentching Weeden and starting Hoyer. As for Jax, hasn't Gabbert been all but "officially" benched for how many weeks now? These teams have gotten wins of late due either to the quality of opposite they have played or because the team they played didn't take them seriously and got schooled, simple.

As well the simple difference between these teams and the Packers is that their "well eff it" experiments worked out for them so far. Ours haven't been quite so galvanizing.

My views actually have a great deal of logic to them. They do however contain little emotional appeal. Your's are the revers.

Last edited:

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a broken bone. There is really nothing to "clear". Either the bone is healed or it's not. No grey area.

What do you mean there is nothing clear? If they medical staff says the bone is healed, that means he is cleared by the medical staff to go. What is there to no understand about that?

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget the Browns also bentching Weeden and starting Hoyer. As for Jax, hasn't Gabbert been all but "officially" benched for how many weeks now? These teams have gotten wins of late due either to the quality of opposite they have played or because the team they played didn't take them seriously and got schooled, simple.

As well the simple difference between these teams and the Packers is that their "well eff it" experiments worked out for them so far. Ours haven't been quite so galvanizing.

I was going to add in my previous post, but didn't want to since it's not fact, "The Jaguars gave up when they went into the season with Chad Henne and Blain Gabbert" at quarterback".

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But is he 100% Is the risk of another injury as low as it would have been had he not been injured in the first place?

You are talking in absolutes when there are none. You are quoting John Belushi as an authority. :D

This is not the old NFL, in this day and age the medical staffs err on the side of caution, if the medical staff says he is good to go, he is good to go and again, there is not a football player in the NFL that is ever "100%"

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you mean there is nothing clear? If they medical staff says the bone is healed, that means he is cleared by the medical staff to go. What is there to no understand about that?

There is nothing for the medical staff to determine. This isn't a concussion or hamstring injury. The collarbone is either fully healed or it's not. Pretty easy to comprehend.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not the old NFL, in this day and age the medical staffs err on the side of caution, if the medical staff says he is good to go, he is good to go and again, there is not a football player in the NFL that is ever "100%"

That's the part you're not understanding. The collarbone has to be 100% healed from being broken. Rodgers could have other aches and pains, but the collarbone itself has to be 100% healed.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is nothing for the medical staff to determine. This isn't a concussion or hamstring injury. The collarbone is either fully healed or it's not. Pretty easy to comprehend.

lmao, so because it is a broken bone, the medical staff has nothing to do with determining that it is healed? Really?

Okay, good sir, who makes that determination if not the medical staff? Please tell me how anyone knows the bone is healed unless the medical staff says it is? Does Mike McCarthy? Does Ted Thompson? Perhaps the waterboy makes that determination? Perhaps you make that determination?

The medical staff makes the call as to whether they bone is healed, they are the ONLY people qualified to do so, for you to even suggest otherwise, is frankly mind boggling.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lmao, so because it is a broken bone, the medical staff has nothing to do with determining that it is healed? Really?

Okay, good sir, who makes that determination if not the medical staff? Please tell me how anyone knows the bone is healed unless the medical staff says it is? Does Mike McCarthy? Does Ted Thompson? Perhaps the waterboy makes that determination? Perhaps you make that determination?

The medical staff makes the call as to whether they bone is healed, they are the ONLY people qualified to do so, for you to even suggest otherwise, is frankly mind boggling.

You're not following me (which at this point isn't a surprise).

Why no response to the "did the Browns and Bucs" give up post?

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something else to add.......Rodgers says if he is cleared to play, nothing is going to stop him, regardless of the Packers being out of the mix or not.

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
Another Aaron Rodgers medical update:

Bears 13 Vikings 10 ... 7:08 left in the 3rd qtr.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Very simply put this is a team game. By shutting down your star QB what message do we send to our football team ?

Why should Cobb come off IR ? Why should EDS risk further injury ? Your putting 1 man's health and future above your team as a whole. ( no I in Team)

You don't fold the tent.... you go and win out and send a message that we will be back next year and you will have to deal with us !

As for the what if he gets hurt again crowd I'll answer in two parts :

A. You risk injury on every play regardless in the NFL. Playing the what if game is hap hazard

B. Aikman missed 6 weeks with the same injury and came back to finish the year. Not a huge deal folks

I am sorry shutting him down because "we are out of it" is the same as saying we give up. That never needs to happen in Green Bay. Ever

My two cents

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very simply put this is a team game. By shutting down your star QB what message do we send to our football team ?

Why should Cobb come off IR ? Why should EDS risk further injury ? Your putting 1 man's health and future above your team as a whole. ( no I in Team)

You don't fold the tent.... you go and win out and send a message that we will be back next year and you will have to deal with us !

A. You risk injury on every play regardless in the NFL. Playing the what if game is hap hazard

B. Aikman missed 6 weeks with the same injury and came back to finish the year. Not a huge deal folks

I am sorry shutting him down because "we are out of it" is the same as saying we give up. That never needs to happen in Green Bay. Ever

My two cents
You can throw whatever platitudes you'd like at the argument I don't see my view happening regardless. As well I'd have little issue with holding the rest of the injured out to let 2nd/ 3rd stringers some experience. However the OP was about AR so that's why, I, haven't mentioned others. Can't speak for others.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

My two cents

Might just be to get Scott more actual playing time...Regardless if Rodgers is back or not..We STILL need a back up that can play

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something else to add.......Rodgers says if he is cleared to play, nothing is going to stop him, regardless of the Packers being out of the mix or not.
I miss him and want to see him back out there.
I don't care about sacrificing him and our season just for higher draft picks.
We may not make the playoffs, but c'mon! Geez! Just give us a few more wins after this drought.
And if that means that it takes Rodgers to do that, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts