Aaron Rodgers update

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They strung us along..i think they already knew he wasn't going to play. All they did in the process was just **** off 86,000 fans. I love this team i do but im a realist to..the defense hasn't been up to par for a long time and the offense can't score in the red zone thus having no chance to win a shoot out. The playoffs are out the window. time to talk more about the draft ugh.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They strung us along..i think they already knew he wasn't going to play. All they did in the process was just **** off 86,000 fans. I love this team i do but im a realist to..the defense hasn't been up to par for a long time and the offense can't score in the red zone thus having no chance to win a shoot out. The playoffs are out the window. time to talk more about the draft ugh.
Was there value in not letting Dallas know who was playing? I don't see the big deal who plays - we are all still going to root for the Packers.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wouldn't give up yet. The defense played a dominating game last week. Yes, it was only one game, but if they can play at least decent again, the Packers can when this week.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
Don't forget, Our D isn't the best, true dat, but the Cowboys are even worse!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Very true, nutz. That's why I will always let these games play out. The Cowboys have the most (yardage) porous defense in the league...and have given up on average just short of 27 points per game - the Pack around 25...and comparing yardage and points yielded against the Packers is something of an effort in futility because half the season has Rodgers and half doesn't...but, my point is that the real comparison has to be between QB's ... Romo puts up a lot of yardage (when he's 'on') and the Pack yields a lot of yardage and we certainly can't argue that the North Division is any stronger than the East.

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in that except for one thing ... the Pack don't produce inside the 20's. My feeling is that we're going to witness a field goal festival this Sunday. 2pts either way -- in short, "pick 'em".

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
There would be no reason they purposely strung Packers fans along - none. Did they try to fool the Cowboys? Maybe, but IMO that doesn't do much good. It's not as if they would install a new D vs. Rodgers or Flynn. They would just make adjustments depending upon which starts. And the D was more than "up to par" in the 2010 regular and post season.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There would be no reason they purposely strung Packers fans along - none. Did they try to fool the Cowboys? Maybe, but IMO that doesn't do much good. It's not as if they would install a new D vs. Rodgers or Flynn. They would just make adjustments depending upon which starts. And the D was more than "up to par" in the 2010 regular and post season.

Exactly..so why not just come out and say he's not playing?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Exactly..so why not just come out and say he's not playing?
Why? They should conform to the NFL rules regarding whether or not a player practiced (full or limited participation or didn't practice) and conform to the rules regarding status (out, questionable, probable) and that's what they do.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just throwing this out... It's just a thought, I have no facts to back it up: Do you think the Packers, internally (i.e. McCarthy and Thompson), decided to shut down Rodgers weeks ago, but are keeping up this ruse to not offend Rodgers?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? They should conform to the NFL rules regarding whether or not a player practiced (full or limited participation or didn't practice) and conform to the rules regarding status (out, questionable, probable) and that's what they do.

ok and that's fine but he practiced all week, he said he felt good and had no significant pain, he took 1st team reps, and wait for it..he didn't even have the flippin scan done! and was ruled out! what the heck are the Packers doing? what is the medical staff doing? they had to have know he wouldn't play if you ruled him out without even taking the dam scan. Wasting everybodys time is what they accomplished...i'm sure i speak for a ton of ppl in saying that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just throwing this out... It's just a thought, I have no facts to back it up: Do you think the Packers, internally (i.e. McCarthy and Thompson), decided to shut down Rodgers weeks ago, but are keeping up this ruse to not offend Rodgers?

did the same thing last yr when Woodson broke his collar bone....made us think he would play and then wait until Friday to rule him out. Well we managed without Woodson but this team won't go far without Rodgers. He seems like he was expecting to play unless he's a good actor.

OP
OP
NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did the same thing last yr when Woodson broke his collar bone....made us think he would play and then wait until Friday to rule him out. Well we managed without Woodson but this team won't go far without Rodgers. He seems like he was expecting to play unless he's a good actor.

That's my thought. Maybe Rodgers think he's going to play, but regardless of the scan the people in charge already made the decision he's not playing.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's my thought. Maybe Rodgers think he's going to play, but regardless of the scan the people in charge already made the decision he's not playing.

Exactly, i kinda feel sorry for him...him and Flynn, if he's taking 1st team reps and is not playing that's dumb because Flynn needs all the 1st team reps he can get. This entire situation is messed up. After this week we won't have to worry about it tho, we wll be eliminated.

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Exactly, i kinda feel sorry for him...him and Flynn, if he's taking 1st team reps and is not playing that's dumb because Flynn needs all the 1st team reps he can get. This entire situation is messed up. After this week we won't have to worry about it tho, we wll be eliminated.
We cannot be eliminated this week under any circumstance. This season comes down to our final game against the Bears, unless it doesn't.

I wonder how TTs supporters feel about this AR saga. Its clear that they may have been betrayed. The team gives AR the reps and doesn't play him. Its a lose lose. AR doesn't play and Flynn doesn't get the reps he so badly needs. No winner here. Certainly not our slim chances to get into the playoffs.

Last edited:

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Belichick does this all the time. Some refer to it as gamesmanship.

I don't think it's a conspiracy or incompetence and I'm not sure who's time is being waisted except perhaps the fantasy football owners that want to set their lineup early in the week.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's any gamanship, betrayal, or whatever. I think they gave him 1st team reps in case he could play. Can't throw him back in without having reps first.

They didn't know for sure whether he was out or not until Friday. They held out hope he'd be okay.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I'm not big on conspiracy theories.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"With all due respect, sir, I believe this is gonna be our finest hour." - Gene Krantz

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Wasting everybodys time is what they accomplished...i'm sure i speak for a ton of ppl in saying that.
How was your time wasted?

What did Rodgers actually say to the medical staff after Thursday's practice? How far from being healed did the last scan show? Perhaps they're just being extra-careful regarding Rodgers and perhaps the results of the last scan are controlling. But if they're thinking he is likely to play against the Steelers, they may have given him reps on Thursday so he can work his way back into being game-ready.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I wonder how TTs supporters feel about this AR saga. Its clear that they may have been betrayed. The team gives AR the reps and doesn't play him. Its a lose lose. AR doesn't play and Flynn doesn't get the reps he so badly needs. No winner here. Certainly not our slim chances to get into the playoffs.

Huh?

Never mind....that type of pretzel logic just can't be untwisted. Mind telling me and the rest of us TT supporters how in the sam of hell Rodgers could evaluated without getting reps? If you've got an answer for that one ... maybe you can explain what Ted Thompson has to do with that? It's McCarthy's call - Thompson is operations.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
How was your time wasted?

What did Rodgers actually say to the medical staff after Thursday's practice? How far from being healed did the last scan show? Perhaps they're just being extra-careful regarding Rodgers and perhaps the results of the last scan are controlling. But if they're thinking he is likely to play against the Steelers, they may have given him reps on Thursday so he can work his way back into being game-ready.

Sweet tap dancing Jesus, Jack ... they're out in force, aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts