Aaron Rodgers silence?

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why hasn’t Aaron made one comment on the draft, not one social media post (when he’s been extremely active on social media of late). I don’t get it.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Likely bc anything he says becomes red meat to blow his reaction out of proportion.

If he is openly hostile, it creates months of discourse in his team/locker room.

If he comes out with "I trust our coaches and the direction of our team, and look forward to getting started", he will be treated like he's being snarky and underhanded.

Staying quiet is going to have the same impact, but at least his words can't be misconstrued.

OP
OP
A

AGreen2AJones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Likely bc anything he says becomes red meat to blow his reaction out of proportion.

If he is openly hostile, it creates months of discourse in his team/locker room.

If he comes out with "I trust our coaches and the direction of our team, and look forward to getting started", he will be treated like he's being snarky and underhanded.

Staying quiet is going to have the same impact, but at least his words can't be misconstrued.

Great response. Thanks!

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great response. Thanks!
Personally, I think he was pissed at first, and then his competition gene kicked in.

Similar to what @DavidBakhtiari said... these teams don't want to see Aaron on a day he's in a good mood. When he's pissed and feeling slighted?

Woooo. I think this draft will do more for Aaron and this team based on his reaction to it than any WR we could have drafted for him.

Aaron, like all great ones, self motivate using perceived slights as a shoulder chip sharpener.

Now he has a very real one.

I'm excited to see what it translate to on the field.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An article said they went back and looked at Rodgers' previous twitter history, and he has NEVER tweeted about any draft pick.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we had gotten weapons to win now but....

How is drafting a player to develop to replace a guy when he’s 40 a slight?

Hopefully Rodgers will go to work, do his job, and play better than he has the last 4-5 years.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish we had gotten weapons to win now but....

How is drafting a player to develop to replace a guy when he’s 40 a slight?

Hopefully Rodgers will go to work, do his job, and play better than he has the last 4-5 years.

Lol.. I mean every team not name the Chiefs or Ravens would have taken Rodgers last year.

I don't know a time that Rodgers has NOT just gone to work with subpar coworkers and put in work.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR is a competitive professional
He has a HUGE ego and is very intelligent
His life changed significantly last year outside of football and now it is probably his priority not football
He knows that last year was his last chance with the Packers to return to the Super Bowl so he’s probably resigned to that fact and stirring the pot would make little difference
Making any comment would not serve any purpose (see #2 above)

With that said he has three realistic options:
1) Return and try as hard as he can to execute a game philosophy he doesn’t believe in with an organization he believes doesn’t align with his ideals
2) Return and go through the motions and look forward to spending more time in California while collecting his money to the end of his contract
3) Speak with Mike Murphy and request a trade to a team that would align with his beliefs

What ever the case we are going to see a second disappointing and unnecessary end to back to back HOF QB’s in Green Bay that both could have been avoided....sad really

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
AR is a competitive professional
He has a HUGE ego and is very intelligent
His life changed significantly last year outside of football and now it is probably his priority not football
He knows that last year was his last chance with the Packers to return to the Super Bowl so he’s probably resigned to that fact and stirring the pot would make little difference
Making any comment would not serve any purpose (see #2 above)

With that said he has three realistic options:
1) Return and try as hard as he can to execute a game philosophy he doesn’t believe in with an organization he believes doesn’t align with his ideals
2) Return and go through the motions and look forward to spending more time in California while collecting his money to the end of his contract
3) Speak with Mike Murphy and request a trade to a team that would align with his beliefs

What ever the case we are going to see a second disappointing and unnecessary end to back to back HOF QB’s in Green Bay that both could have been avoided....sad really
2nd disappointing??

14 and 4 ?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why hasn’t Aaron made one comment on the draft, not one social media post (when he’s been extremely active on social media of late). I don’t get it.

Aaron Rodgers on @WildeAndTausch in March on possibility of Packers drafting a QB: "They're not going to be able to beat me out anytime soon."

Says it all. On direction of organization, it's better to stay silent.

GB psyco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read yesterday that AR and Love had a phone conversation, Love said it went great and that Aaron is a great guy and was looking forward to working with him. Im guessing AR wont pull a Favre and give Love the cold shoulder treatment.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read yesterday that AR and Love had a phone conversation, Love said it went great and that Aaron is a great guy and was looking forward to working with him. Im guessing AR wont pull a Favre and give Love the cold shoulder treatment.
What else was he going to say?
I’m laying odds on AR mailing it in either purposely or unconsciously.....
AR’s # 1 priorities are not on the GB Packers any more

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers on @WildeAndTausch in March on possibility of Packers drafting a QB: "They're not going to be able to beat me out anytime soon."

Says it all. On direction of organization, it's better to stay silent.
I’m guessing he wasn’t expecting dumb and dumber taking a flier in the first round either....

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you mean about “14 and 4”?
I believe that was our overall record last year including the post season. 13-3 in the regular season, 1-1 in the post. combine that together and that's 14-4

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As is the case with all guesses, we both could be wrong. However, I totally agree with you. Favre and Rodgers both have mile wide egos but, Favre's ego is paper thin, Aaron Rodgers' is not. It's hard to imagine AR calling sports reporters to his house to tell them he's holding a press conference to announce that he has nothing to announce about whether he is going to retire or not.

Rodgers and Love are both sun, surf, and fun Californians and both are locked together here in Green Bay for at least the next two seasons and they'll make the best of it.

CanadaCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As is the case with all guesses, we both could be wrong. However, I totally agree with you. Favre and Rodgers both have mile wide egos but, Favre's ego is paper thin, Aaron Rodgers' is not. It's hard to imagine AR calling sports reporters to his house to tell them he's holding a press conference to announce that he has nothing to announce about whether he is going to retire or not.

Rodgers and Love are both sun, surf, and fun Californians and both are locked together here in Green Bay for at least the next two seasons and they'll make the best of it.
He will make you think that with a wink and a smile....

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was never in question. He's angry with the pick, not with the kid and actually feels empathetic for him if anything. Rodgers will shield him from criticism if anything

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Why say anything when the sports media has the Packers' 2020 draft rated amoung or at the very bottom of the league? Monday will bring a new round of tirades on all the weekly sports shows.

Aaron can take the high ground by remaining silent.

Members online

Latest posts