Aaaand...here we go with injuries again.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The performance of the backup offensive linemen vs. the Raiders has me terrified of what would happen if even only one starter misses significant time this season.
to say they weren't very good would be generous.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The performance of the backup offensive linemen vs. the Raiders has me terrified of what would happen if even only one starter misses significant time this season.
I was thinking exactly the same thing as I watched that ugly game unfold last night. Maybe I missed it, but the entire 2nd string O line played terribly. It’s inevitable that one of the starters will miss time, and how can they successfully sub during a game? They’re gonna have to hope they can find one or two guys during cut downs, or there will be times when Rodgers will be running for his life. As for Spriggs, I’m done with him. A failed, high draft pick and they should have dealt with this earlier. And Bell????? Give us a break.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking exactly the same thing as I watched that ugly game unfold last night. Maybe I missed it, but the entire 2nd string O line played terribly. It’s inevitable that one of the starters will miss time, and how can they successfully sub during a game? They’re gonna have to hope they can find one or two guys during cut downs, or there will be times when Rodgers will be running for his life. As for Spriggs, I’m done with him. A failed, high draft pick and they should have dealt with this earlier. And Bell????? Give us a break.
Spriggs wasn't BakhT by any means, but he wasn't as bad as the rest out there either. He gave up ground, but always stayed in position. I remember one false start by a tick, and beyond that how many bad plays did he have? Even on one where his guy made a sack, he had position on his man and it was Murphy getting absolutely blown up and his guy moving the QB right into the guy Spriggs was taking to the outside, all he had to do was jump back inside for an easy play. Murphy was probably solely responsible for at least 8 blow up plays last night and that's not even an exaggeration. I wish I was. He was horrible

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Spriggs wasn't BakhT by any means, but he wasn't as bad as the rest out there either. He gave up ground, but always stayed in position. I remember one false start by a tick, and beyond that how many bad plays did he have? Even on one where his guy made a sack, he had position on his man and it was Murphy getting absolutely blown up and his guy moving the QB right into the guy Spriggs was taking to the outside, all he had to do was jump back inside for an easy play. Murphy was probably solely responsible for at least 8 blow up plays last night and that's not even an exaggeration. I wish I was. He was horrible

Yup and all of that while playing against guys who may not be in the NFL come September. I am anxious now to finish watching the game, I have read enough to know that it will be a sh*t show I am watching, but I still look forward to seeing who looked good and who looked bad.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see your point. There seemed to be a number of plays where the lineman was clearly out of position, affecting the other linemen around him, as you point out with Murphy. I wasn’t watching that closely - it just seemed that the O line as a unit didn’t have a very good night. I guess my beef with Spriggs is that he was a second round pick and just hasn’t lived up to that selection. That might not be as big a problem once the season starts, and we have at least a majority of the lineman who are true starters. Hope so anyway, although hope is not a strategy.......

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup and all of that while playing against guys who may not be in the NFL come September. I am anxious now to finish watching the game, I have read enough to know that it will be a sh*t show I am watching, but I still look forward to seeing who looked good and who looked bad.
I was under the impression the Raiders played most of their starting defense for the majority of the first half. I'd expect most of those guys to be on a roster come opening day.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was under the impression the Raiders played most of their starting defense for the majority of the first half. I'd expect most of those guys to be on a roster come opening day.

I still haven't watched the final 3 quarters of the game, but I am basing my statement of "playing against backups and guys who won't be in the NFL long " merely on the way most preseason games are played. I wouldn't even be familiar enough with the Raiders roster to know who the starters are and who the future car salesman are. But the box score listed these players having played on defense. I doubt they are all there come September and if they are, many will be sitting on the bench.

J. Cabinda 8 6 0 0
F. Brown 7 4 1.5 1
T. Hester 4 4 1 2
A. Victor 4 2 0 1
D. Leavitt 3 3 0 0
T. Carradine 3 2 0 1
D. Worley 3 2 0 0
S. Calhoun 2 2 1 2
N. Morrow 2 2 1 1
Q. Mauger 2 2 0 0
A. Davis 2 2 0 0
M. Gilchrist 2 1 0 0
M. Edwards Jr. 2 1 0 0
E. Harris 2 1 0 0
D. Johnson 1 1 0 0
R. Nelson 1 1 0 0
D. Harris 1 1 0 0
K. Wilber 1 1 0 0
T. Whitehead 1 1 0 0
J. Cowser 1 1 0 0
J. Richard 1 1 0 0
K. Joseph 1 1 0 0
K. Hatcher 1 1 0 0
S. Soto 1 1 0 0
P.J. Hall 1 1 0 0
G. Conley 1 1 0 0
R. Yurachek 1 1 0 0
R. Pringle 1 1 0 0
I. Whitney 1 1 0 0
L. Hall 1 0 0 0
M. Lee 1 0 0 0
M. Hurst 1 0 0.5 0
N. Nelson 1 0 0 0
S. Luani 0 0 0 0

D

Deleted member 6794

I still haven't watched the final 3 quarters of the game, but I am basing my statement of "playing against backups and guys who won't be in the NFL long " merely on the way most preseason games are played. I wouldn't even be familiar enough with the Raiders roster to know who the starters are and who the future car salesman are. But the box score listed these players having played on defense. I doubt they are all there come September and if they are, many will be sitting on the bench.

While the Raiders used players that won't make the roster as well their starters and top backups received significant playing time for a preseason game, ranging from Hall and Hurst playing 10 snaps to Brown getting a total of 50.

Members online

Latest posts