Aaaand...here we go with injuries again.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jake Ryan down screaming and holding his knee; looks bad. Kentrell Brice carted off with a leg injury. If this is like other years, maybe we should keep this thread open to keep a running count.

D

Deleted member 6794

Mike Daniels dropped out of practice as well but was able to walk off the field on his own limping.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Daniels dropped out of practice as well but was able to walk off the field on his own limping.

Missed that one. Just beautiful. A few more days like this and we'll be lining up with guys from the arena league.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has injuries. In case anybody missed it, the Eagles won the Superbowl with their backup QB .
They beat the Queens to advance (also with a backup QB). Underachievers ***** about injuries

D

Deleted member 6794

Missed that one. Just beautiful. A few more days like this and we'll be lining up with guys from the arena league.

It's not even known if any of them suffered a serious injury yet there are already fans complaining about it.

As AK correctly pointed out every team in the league is hit by injuries and the Packers have been fortunate compared to others this offseason.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can think of 3 guys on offense and 3 on defense that I do not want to name or even think about being injured that need to stay healthy and not much will change in the way of how I think this season will go. Other than that, some guys will get hurt early and be done. some will get bumps and bruises, some will have a scare and be back in days or weeks. We're not alone in this.

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team has injuries. In case anybody missed it, the Eagles won the Superbowl with their backup QB .
They beat the Queens to advance (also with a backup QB). Underachievers ***** about injuries

We won't be winning any Super Bowls with our backup QB's.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm not one to use injuries as an excuse, but when was the last time that the Packers were a top 10 or so team in fewest number of injuries? Seems to me like it's been a very long time. Maybe @captainWIMM will have some insight into this.

Still, no reason to use them as an excuse.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not one to use injuries as an excuse, but when was the last time that the Packers were a top 10 or so team in fewest number of injuries? Seems to me like it's been a very long time. Maybe @captainWIMM will have some insight into this.

Still, no reason to use them as an excuse.
Yeah every team goes through this. But I don’t rememeber the last time the Packers were in the top 10 with fewest injuries. TC is intense, and with guys competing for jobs, they’ll play all out, same as a regular season game. I’m not sure what more can be done from a conditioning standpoint, these guys have to be in good shape in the first place, and it seems unlikely that coaching is the issue (unless you’re RGIII and Mike Shanahan is your coach.......).

D

Deleted member 6794

We won't be winning any Super Bowls with our backup QB's.

That's definitely true but the Packers should be able to overcome losing either Ryan or Brice. Ryan Wood reported that Daniels told him he's fine but Tom Silverstein tweeted that Blake Martinez sid that Ryan was devastated about the knee injury suffered in today's practice most likely meaning he will miss the season.

I'm not one to use injuries as an excuse, but when was the last time that the Packers were a top 10 or so team in fewest number of injuries? Maybe @captainWIMM will have some insight into this.

While not being perfect by any means Football Outsiders' Adjusted Games Lost seems to be the most accurate metric on injuries available. According to them the Packers had the ninth healthiest team in 2015 as well as the third in '14.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't buy into the theory that coaching is the problem here. However, to give it some validity I do think that there can be situations where coaches are putting players through exercises or drills that either cause excessive contact or induce a greater likelihood of injury. I have no clue if the Packers coaches do.

The Packers have had it slightly worse than other teams over the past decade. While the league strives for parity, they don't do so in terms of injuries. Some teams get worse luck and others get better.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have had it slightly worse than other teams over the past decade. While the league strives for parity, they don't do so in terms of injuries. Some teams get worse luck and others get better.

While it's true the Packers have had more injuries than most teams over the past decade they have been relatively healthy compared to others in three of the past four seasons.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries, much like penalties, are for the most part random and will average out. I bet if you asked fans of every team 9 out of 10 will think their team has been hit worse than most in the past few years. We see Ryan and Brice go down and it obviously registers with us because they are Packers but the same players on any other team goes down most of us don't ever know about. When we look at injuries to other teams its the high profile names that pop up and are the ones we remember. If its a backup, even a key backup, most of us don't even think about them.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't buy into the theory that coaching is the problem here. However, to give it some validity I do think that there can be situations where coaches are putting players through exercises or drills that either cause excessive contact or induce a greater likelihood of injury. I have no clue if the Packers coaches do.

I think the Packers' main problem has been the concentration of which position group has been hit by those injuries. The secondary has just been demolished by injuries over the past couple years. If you're missing 4 starters at different places the team might be able to cope...take the top 3 guys at corner out of the game and suddenly there is no way to overcome that issue.

Reaction score
Injuries happen every year without fail without exception. The teams that have a formidable backup plan often still succeed. Of course some good fortune helps also but much has to do with the coaches making sure everyone from the #2s all the way to the practice squad are adequately prepared at any time.. and are ready to get into the spotlight and shine.
IMO we failed at this at what was mentioned above as the most crucial position (QB) last year and there was sufficient evidence of this. We made dramatic changes in the offseason to address this and we will be tested just like every year since Curly Lambeaus time.
The Front Office is constantly in search of talent, it obviously doesn’t just stop with the draft. A balanced team can be dynamic with or without injuries (within reason). I Havnt seen anything yet that makes me think we are not 100% capable of overcoming.
No offense to Ryan or Brice intended, but I’m not even sure that either player would make the 53 on many NFL teams, so this is a premature overreaction.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, this year we have Gute..It will be interested how he reacts to the injury's...he might be more aggressive to fill in the voids.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
here we go..sky is falling.

Then the 1st game of the year, the 1st 8 mins, people will call the season a bust.

Chill out already

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Members online

Latest posts