A-Rod ignores his family?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to be the one to bring up this tabloid fodder, gossip and rumors about our star QB but this kinda bothers me if true.
He seems like a nice guy but is he really being this arrogant jerk towards his own family?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national#

He (Arron) doesn't have a relationship with his parents or brothers.

One source, who was close to Rodgers for years but is among the many who have since been cut off by Rodgers entirely, said the quarterback has not spoken to his family since December 2014. Don't feel too bad, J-Mike. Immediate family members don't even have his cellphone number. When Mom and Dad sent Christmas presents to the quarterback and his girlfriend that year, the source said, those gifts were mailed back in February. He was set to be the groomsman in the wedding of one of his closest friends, the source said, and texted the day before he couldn't attend.

He didn't attend his grandfather's funeral—the same grandfather he once called before every game.

He fired a business manager he's known since high school.

The family was told they were no longer welcome in Green Bay. If Dad wants to attend a game now, he buys tickets on StubHub or goes through another player's family.

There certainly could be a side to this story the world does not know. Rodgers hasn't commented on this public schism. But this source once close to the quarterback, watching from afar, is not shy.
The "source" theorizes that the estranged relations is why A-Rod is playing badly.

It's also believed the reason for the alienation is because his family doesn't like or get along with his girlfriend Olivia Munn.

Your thoughts, if any.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how so many that have never even said hello to, let alone know personally, any of those involved will seemingly know everything there is to know to pass judgement.

You know what, even if this guy does have some inside family information, it's none of our ****ing business. But of course there will be plenty who feel it is while they continue to fail at their own jobs and relationships every single day.

I refuse to read links that even mention such garbage as this. It's trash and trash journalism

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
My honest thought is that we don't know what goes on with their family behind closed doors, and quite honestly it isn't any of our business.

There's no way to prove whether or not it is directly related to his play on the field, so in my humble opinion, I would rather discuss football than to engage in theories about his personal life when the wrong conclusion could be reached, or if we are totally off base, if we have misinformation, etc.

Not knocking you for posting this, but that's just my two cents.

None of us know the real story. Move along.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda half expected to get these kinds of responses. That some or most or maybe even the rest of you just don't care to get into our star QBs personal life on a negative aspect.
But it's out there and it's possibly real and I thought I'd bring it up anyway and there it is.
It's also another idea why they may not be doing so well.
However in the Washington game it looks like it was the defense and not Aaron that lost the game for us that time.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too HAD my concerns about his relationship with his current GF but seeing how defense played yesterday and reflecting back on how this team just loses these games tells me it's not Rod but the pathetic secondary. EVERY time they give up 3rd and long! EVERY TIME! Let alone give up big plays to let the other team score. Rod can only do so much.

This D reminds me of the Staints and how much Brees can do for the O until the D just hands the other team a loss.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too HAD my concerns about his relationship with his current GF but seeing how defense played yesterday and reflecting back on how this team just loses these games tells me it's not Rod but the pathetic secondary. EVERY time they give up 3rd and long! EVERY TIME! Let alone give up big plays to let the other team score. Rod can only do so much.

This D reminds me of the Staints and how much Brees can do for the O until the D just hands the other team a loss.
I think in earlier games both O and D had problems getting it together.
Aaron cannot do it all but he has had problems clicking with the O.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The reason it's called closed doors is its nun of our or anybody's business, so long as a crime is not committed, football is all we should care about, his personal business is that (personal)!

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is all over social media now. even on our local radio station just mentioned people are talking about why Rod is "struggling." LOL

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think in earlier games both O and D had problems getting it together.
Aaron cannot do it all but he has had problems clicking with the O.

If you think about the scores Rod put up this year for each game they are not as bad as most people think. Of course Rod and the receivers struggled, partly because of Rod making bad decisions, but he came through most of the time. And his worst game this season could of happened in any given season.

one of our masked pack fans(forgot his name) on here pointed our Rod's stats and indicated that it doesn't seem anything to be worried about. which I agree with him.

Of course he isn't playing at caliber levels but with a better secondary not giving up so many yards, especially like yesterday's performance, I think we would be ok with Rod's performance so far.

Reaction score
If you think about the scores Rod put up this year for each game they are not as bad as most people think. Of course Rod and the receivers struggled, partly because of Rod making bad decisions, but he came through most of the time. And his worst game this season could of happened in any given season.
Yep, his projected year end stats based on current production is 4400 yards, 40TDs, 11 INT, a 63% comp pct and a rating of 96.0. Now keep in mind that is far from his best season and he has missed some throws, but that is what the media has determined is a bad year for him. Just speaks to how good he has been as a starter. But in a QB driven league when the team is bad everyone projects the deficiencies onto the best guy.

I think his biggest issue so far has been slow starts to games. We've had to play from behind a lot this year due to poor starts by the offense combined with the terrible defense. In fact Detroit and Atlanta are the only two games that come to mind where our offense was clicking from the beginning of the game, all the other took a few drives

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, his projected year end stats based on current production is 4400 yards, 40TDs, 11 INT, a 63% comp pct and a rating of 96.0. Now keep in mind that is far from his best season and he has missed some throws, but that is what the media has determined is a bad year for him. Just speaks to how good he has been as a starter. But in a QB driven league when the team is bad everyone projects the deficiencies onto the best guy.

I think his biggest issue so far has been slow starts to games. We've had to play from behind a lot this year due to poor starts by the offense combined with the terrible defense. In fact Detroit and Atlanta are the only two games that come to mind where our offense was clicking from the beginning of the game, all the other took a few drives
This goes beyond the scope of this thread, but if you watched last night's game, it seemed to me that once again the majority of the time that the offense failed, was when the Packers lined up in their 3 receiver sets. McCarthy's offense was very successful in the multiple receiver sets. I really don't understand why McCarthy keeps trying to go back to his base offense where Aaron has fewer targets. It seems to me, that even when the protection is lower, if he has more targets, his mobility allows him to find an open receiver.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the elephant in the room.
The thing that we are not supposed to talk about and if anyone brings it up, they get pounced on, such as I did.
Aaron Rodgers is invulnerable to criticism. Don't you dare bring up any personal bad stuff about him!
But what if it is the truth and it starts to look like his arrogant attitudes towards his teammates, coach and even his own family could be affecting his play?
This is something that can be discussed, so why not?
Sure, the defense hasn't been all that great but neither has Rodgers. He puts up more points, we win the game.
And why hasn't he been putting up more points? Why all the three and outs? Why is he not at the same top form we are used to seeing him be in?
Maybe J-Mike is right. He is not a good leader.
And maybe the theory is right that because he is hard to get along with and holds grudges and always has a chip on his shoulder is showing up on the field on Sundays.
If that is the case, then he should do what he can to get along with his family and others.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another talking head that has never stepped foot in the locker room. Does not know Rodgers, does not know his family, yet he knows something. LOL

He expects perfection. he may have a chip, some people may not like it. You know what? I don't care. I don't like people I work with sometimes either. Doesn't make them or me a bad person. and it's more than apparent his attitude, while it might turn some off, isn't why the Packers aren't undefeated at the moment. Because he's been like this since before he got here and he's won, a lot, with that attitude.

a fan has got to be high if he expects a QB to put up 50 points a game

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The defense has given up 153 points in the past 4 games and yet we're sitting here talking about Aaron Rodgers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Isn't he our first string QB?
Rodgers' last 4 games:

1265 passing yards (316.25 per game)
13 total touchdowns
3 interceptions
64% completions
103.78 passer rating

In other words, Rodgers' last 4 games would equate to these 16 game numbers:

5,060 passing yards
52 touchdowns
12 interceptions

With the same completion percentage and passer rating.

So while everyone is quick to point to Rodgers needing to step up his play, in this 4 game losing streak, he's putting up numbers that many would consider at least a top 3 season of all time among quarterbacks, yet our defense has given up the most points in these four games since the mid 80's.

Something seems a little backwards to me...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Rodgers' last 4 games:

1265 passing yards (316.25 per game)
13 total touchdowns
3 interceptions
64% completions
103.78 passer rating

In other words, Rodgers' last 4 games would equate to these 16 game numbers:

5,060 passing yards
52 touchdowns
12 interceptions

With the same completion percentage and passer rating.

So while everyone is quick to point to Rodgers needing to step up his play, in this 4 game losing streak, he's putting up numbers that many would consider at least a top 3 season of all time among quarterbacks, yet our defense has given up the most points in these four games since the mid 80's.

Something seems a little backwards to me...

Context ... while Rodgers Numbers individually have been good, his overall play has not been that good ... Alot of his Numbers are a result of catch-up Plays were opposing defenders allow more, because the Pack were behind ...

Rodgers isn't that Great when playing from behind in the past years, if you haven't noticed ?

Some of us have said it for years ... Rodgers isn't a good Leader, - and when the going gets tough, it shows ...

Regardless his personal issues, Rodgers needs to get his head in the game, and stop being a poutyface and stop throwing his team under the bus - Time to step up and be a Leader ...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Why all the three and outs?

Only 19.8% of the Packers offensive drives have resulted in three and outs which is the eighth lowest number in the league.

Context ... while Rodgers Numbers individually have been good, his overall play has not been that good ... Alot of his Numbers are a result of catch-up Plays were opposing defenders allow more, because the Pack were behind ...

Once again, only eight of Rodgers 25 touchdown passes this season have come with the Packers trailing by more than a score.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score