Talk of A-Rod going to... The Clowns???

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are not happy with Baker?
I dunno where or why this talk is going on but I somehow doubt A-Rod will want to play for the Cubs of football who has not even been to one SB since it started 56 yrs ago.
I would think he has had enough of carrying the whole team on his back for years and will either stay if GB gets better players or goes to a team that already has them.
Cleveland?
Really?
LOL!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No chance AR goes to the Clowns. ☺
Yeah, I know.

It is prob. just fantasy/rumor talk started by some hopeful fan looking to get out of their decades long slump.

In a way we could look at this and feel honored that they want our main man.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason Cleveland would be in the discussion, for a moment, is their Defense was okay, and they have some weapons. Reportedly some people are frustrated at baker mayfield, (perhaps for woke reasons.... which makes me wonder if they'd be happy with AR for the same woke reasons)......

There is a reality right now. If AR does not stay and retire a packer, then if he wants to play he has to go somewhere, but a lot of teams have young QBs they have just added. If 'Brady's Repoted retirement' is confirmed, Tampa Bay could be a destination, except the Packers might not want anyone in conference to get him. That leaves the AFC, there are only a handful of teams with a roster and QB position that might be upgraded by Rodgers (I'm saying combined, I'm not saying that there aren't teams for which AR would be an upgrade, but its hard for me to imagine the AR willingly goes some place where he doesn't have some tools already in place to succeed).

So for arguments sake let's presume that its the defense that is most key. (it might not be:

AFC Teams Top 10 By Total Points Allowed.

1. Bills - Josh Allen
2. Pats - Mac Jones
3. Broncos - (Possible Opening)
4. Titans - Tannehill (Maybe if they want rid of Tannehill)
5. Chiefs - Mahomes
6. Vegas - Derek Carr (Depends on new staff)
7. Dolphins - Tua ???? (Depends on New Staff)
8. Colts - Carson Wentz (Hasn't played lights out, but not sure they make a change
9. Bengals - Burrow
10. Jags (hard to believe) - Trevor Lawrence? Unless its a swap of QBs... don't see this happening with new coach and gm coming in.

AFC Teams top 10 by Total Defense

AFC Teams top 10 by Total Passing Defense
1. Bills
2. Pats
3. Browns (Baker Mayfield)
4. Broncos
5. Steelers (Definite opening)
6. Chargers Herbert
7. Raiders
8. Dolphins
9. Jags
10. Colts

AFC Teams top 10 by Total Rushing Defense
1. Ravens (not sure they'd want rid of Lamar Jackson)
2. Titans
3. Bengals
4. Colts
5. Browns
6. Bills
7. Dolphins
8. Vegas
9. Chiefs
10. Pats

So if I look just at defensive statistics (and granted I have no clue which teams may lose key players to free agency, the teams where I think Rodgers might have a reasonable expectation of success would be: Broncos, Steelers, Ravens, and Maybe Colts.... I'm not sure that Ryan Tannehill is done in Tennesee, all the rest either have young players that show great progress that would take a lot of additional incentive to move away for Rodgers, or they have established veteran QBs who have been to the playoffs recently. I do not include the Dolphins, because if Rodgers wasn't happy about the FO situation last season in GB. Its hard to imagine Miami would be any better.

That's my opinion anyways. This is all pointless if Green Bay takes steps to keep Rodgers. They could do that. I'm not sure they will, that's the reality.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on Rodgers comments I believe he would want a team with offensive weapons.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is playing for Green Bay or retiring bottom line.. push money back and seriously go all in

Members online

Latest posts