A long wait

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Redskins are faking, and if they aren't the Pack's is more well known. Maybe its me just being centered around the Packers in the NFL, but I think its more believable that the Packers have the longer wait the team has been around longer and its a small town team. What else do Wisconsinites want to spend money on other than Beer, Cheese, Brats and Packers tickets?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What else do Wisconsinites want to spend money on other than Beer, Cheese, Brats and Packers tickets?

methinks its more than wisconsintes. im from pennsyltucky and that sounds like a perfect way to spend money to me!:eat:

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother was on the waiting list since 62, and didn't get tickets until the renovation and seat license fee freed up about 10,000 tickets. It will be a very, very long wait unless they build an even bigger stadium.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could anyone see Lambeau with 200,000 seatings or is it just me? Really, don't you think the stadium, even at that number, would sell out every game?

C.D. Angeli of TundraVision makes a great point about the "waiting list cushion", and the ability to raise ticket prices at will, but I believe with that much revenue, they wouldn't have to raise the prices very often...

Tundra Vision: Season Tickets Turnover Picks Up Pace

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Washington Redskins claim to have more than twice the wait list of the Packers at "200,000". Anyone buying that BS?

D.C. Sports Bog - Bruce Allen wants you to buy Skins tickets
The Redskins claim their list is longer than the Packers, 155,000 - 200,000, however no one knows for sure. Some don't even think they really have one. One thing is true, they move through it a lot faster if they do have one. Fans don't seem to have to much of a problem getting them. When I lived in Arlington VA, My neighbor had them and he had only been in town for 3 years. They certainly don't have to wait 45 years. The Pats claim a 50 year wait but considering they didn't really start winning until the 1990's I find it highly unlikely that they have fans as dedicated as Packer fans.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Redskins claim their list is longer than the Packers, 155,000 - 200,000, however no one knows for sure. Some don't even think they really have one. One thing is true, they move through it a lot faster if they do have one. Fans don't seem to have to much of a problem getting them. When I lived in Arlington VA, My neighbor had them and he had only been in town for 3 years. They certainly don't have to wait 45 years. The Pats claim a 50 year wait but considering they didn't really start winning until the 1990's I find it highly unlikely that they have fans as dedicated as Packer fans.

Harry Hog Football - Redskins waiting list. Is it a myth?

Pretty much says the same thing you said. Its a load of crap that they get away with saying 150,000 to 200,000 waiting list.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is three things the Packers could do to reduce the waiting list.

1.) Charge a fee for being on the list. At one time in the 2000s I know the Jets charged $50 a year for someone to be on the list. I think this would cut the list by at least 1/2 in 5 years.

2.) Reduce the number of tickets each person is allowed to have. At one time I knew an elderly woman who had 12 tickets per game that she sold to people. I dont know if they ever changed this or not.

3.) Get rid of the ticket brokers that are season ticket holders. I have no problem with people selling tickets but when you only own them in order to make a profit I do. You have people who live very far away and dont attend any games for years but just use them for making money.

I highly doubt GB would ever do anything about this as they dont see any of this as a problem. I have season tickets but I still think this is unfair for so many fans to wait this long.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts