A.J. Dillon tests positive for COVID-19 [OP from 11/2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lack common sense but you can’t elaborate on what YOU suggested the Packer’s should do to contain this situation. LOL
Just be careful. Act like you don't want to lose the chance to play from having covid. Not important if you don't like the rules.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just be careful. Act like you don't want to lose the chance to play from having covid. Not important if you don't like the rules.
that wasn't so hard was it even though it was a general answer. Anyway...hopefully they have a different approach to contain this virus so VACCINATED players are not getting tested positive in the future.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Last year I said that unless you have symptoms, you should be able to play. A lot of people lost their minds over that idea.

Now that's where the NFL is at too. Funny how things work.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I said that unless you have symptoms, you should be able to play. A lot of people lost their minds over that idea.

Now that's where the NFL is at too. Funny how things work.
That does not make sense. Are you sure? If a player has tested positive; if he does not have symptoms he can play anyway?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That does not make sense. Are you sure? If a player has tested positive; if he does not have symptoms he can play anyway?
The NFL has now decided not to test vaccinated players unless they have symptoms.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So they are finally listening to the Donald. The less people you test the less positive results you will have.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The NFL has now decided not to test vaccinated players unless they have symptoms.

They need to stop testing all asymptomatic people.

Omicron is about to sweep the U.S. There are going to be tons of infections and very little serious illness and death. We are already seeing that pattern in places like South Africa and the U.K.

So why rigorously test people for a disease that isn't really dangerous?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
So they are finally listening to the Donald. The less people you test the less positive results you will have.

Pretty pathetic that they would put Money and football over safety in health, but not surprising. Makes me hope they get their a$$es sued and lose.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would they be sued for? people aren't aware there is a virus out there? I guess by the same token, people can sue who are vaccinated and gotten covid at their place of work where vaccination is mandatory and they were told it was a disease of the unvaccinated and they were supposed to be safe?

They wouldn't win either, because that's not how viruses, immunity, etc any of it works. All one would have to do is point to the infections and the vax rates to show none of them should expect to be free from exposure. And really, what's the difference. 6 days a week of possible exposure before they test, or 7?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What would they be sued for? people aren't aware there is a virus out there? I guess by the same token, people can sue who are vaccinated and gotten covid at their place of work where vaccination is mandatory and they were told it was a disease of the unvaccinated and they were supposed to be safe?

They wouldn't win either, because that's not how viruses, immunity, etc any of it works. All one would have to do is point to the infections and the vax rates to show none of them should expect to be free from exposure. And really, what's the difference. 6 days a week of possible exposure before they test, or 7?
Since March 12, 2020, there have been 4,631 lawsuits (including 478 class actions) filed against employers due to alleged labor and employment violations related to the coronavirus.

My statement was a general one, not one I was offering up for all of us to litigate. However, if you think that the NFL is immune from lawsuits pertaining to Covid, you are wrong.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You said you hoped they’d get their “assets” sued off and lose. I figured you had something in mind?

I imagine many of those lawsuits had to do with emergency orders and perceived violations , most of which are no longer in place. I would also guess many that weren’t based on that, weren’t successful.

Just wondering what the nfl would get sued for? Having 7 instead of 6 potential non tested exposure days per week?

They’d more likely lose a discrimination lawsuit at this point knowing what we know.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Since March 12, 2020, there have been 4,631 lawsuits (including 478 class actions) filed against employers due to alleged labor and employment violations related to the coronavirus.
How many in cooperation with a collective bargaining unit and how many in violation of an agreement or just imposed without negotiation? I'm under the impression the NFL and NFLPA have had discussions about what the league is doing.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty pathetic that they would put Money and football over safety in health, but not surprising. Makes me hope they get their a$$es sued and lose.
Its not about money but common sense and believing science, no?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If the NFL would put science over money they wouldn't possibly allow a player infected with COVID-19 on the field.
Exactly and they seem to have forgotten everything that they (and everyone else) learned about dealing with Covid last season.

The Covid experience reminds me a bit of those teenager slasher movies. A large group of dumb teenagers get together in some remote area, the first one goes into a barn and gets slashed and dismembered. Instead of high tailing it out of there, the rest of them retreat a bit and then slowly go back in one at a time thinking its safe.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly and they seem to have forgotten everything that they (and everyone else) learned about dealing with Covid last season.

The Covid experience reminds me a bit of those teenager slasher movies. A large group of dumb teenagers get together in some remote area, the first one goes into a barn and gets slashed and dismembered. Instead of high tailing it out of there, the rest of them retreat a bit and then slowly go back in one at a time thinking its safe.
That ad on TV, where the teenagers decide to hide behind the chain saws sends that message in my mind. I've thought of the chain saws as being Ivermectin. Of course the symbolism of the running car being Covid vaccines shouldn't be missed either. It seems way too logical to be the right choice.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If the NFL would put science over money they wouldn't possibly allow a player infected with COVID-19 on the field.

Nonsense.

Testing asymptomatic, vaccinated people has no scientifically demonstrable utility.

Withholding them from their work is a-scientific.

1) The danger of this virus was dramatically overblown from the start.

2) Natural and vaccinated immunity has decreased the risk of this virus to millions of people.

3) NFL players are not an at-risk demographic.

4) Asymptomatic spread is not a major vector of transmission.

5) The currently dominant variant simply is not dangerous in any meaningful way. It's actually a great boon to society-- lots and lots of natural immunity without the hospitalization/death curve following the case curve.

Continuing to test and quarantine healthy people is just a way to feed people's hysteria and artificially manufacture a prolonged crisis when it need not continue.

And by the way, the NFL has always been putting money first. The silly protocols were about signaling to the insane Covid fanatics that they were on board, which was meant to protect their brand, not their players. They're now sensing the turning of the tide (people are waking up) and realize they can scale back rather than move/cancel games.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm going to sincerely enjoy the anguish of religious covid-hysteria devotees as more and more people disassociate from the insanity.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to sincerely enjoy the anguish of religious covid-hysteria devotees as more and more people disassociate from the insanity.
Got it! You've identified what makes you happy. We can take it from here.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nonsense.

Testing asymptomatic, vaccinated people has no scientifically demonstrable utility.

Withholding them from their work is a-scientific.

1) The danger of this virus was dramatically overblown from the start.

2) Natural and vaccinated immunity has decreased the risk of this virus to millions of people.

3) NFL players are not an at-risk demographic.

4) Asymptomatic spread is not a major vector of transmission.

5) The currently dominant variant simply is not dangerous in any meaningful way. It's actually a great boon to society-- lots and lots of natural immunity without the hospitalization/death curve following the case curve.

Continuing to test and quarantine healthy people is just a way to feed people's hysteria and artificially manufacture a prolonged crisis when it need not continue.

And by the way, the NFL has always been putting money first. The silly protocols were about signaling to the insane Covid fanatics that they were on board, which was meant to protect their brand, not their players. They're now sensing the turning of the tide (people are waking up) and realize they can scale back rather than move/cancel games.
But the NFL has its rules and it looks like Rodgers will be more at risk of not playing in the weeks ahead. Have to comment on the virus having been originally overblown. A lot of people got infected and died. And we just don't know if we had not gone the vax route if there might have been more and more deadly variants. And I think that is the real danger. jmo

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
But the NFL has its rules and it looks like Rodgers will be more at risk of not playing in the weeks ahead. Have to comment on the virus having been originally overblown. A lot of people got infected and died. And we just don't know if we had not gone the vax route if there might have been more and more deadly variants. And I think that is the real danger. jmo

Yes, many people got sick and died. Some continue to-- from Covid or from other diseases or even from fallout from covid measures.

But all you have to do is look at how broken people's brains are to realize that, despite the actual danger of the virus, its risk was dramatically overhyped through the media.

We have always had to live with a measure of risk calculation. The ability to perform such rational calculation is completely gone for many people. They want to radically alter their own lives (fine) and the lives of others (not fine) until there is no risk from this virus-- which will literally never happen.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We have always had to live with a measure of risk calculation. The ability to perform such rational calculation is completely gone for many people. They want to radically alter their own lives (fine) and the lives of others (not fine) until there is no risk from this virus-- which will literally never happen.
Perfectly worded.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the NFL cared about safety over money there would be no NFL.
Dante's listen to the Woodward tapes when Trump tells him that XI (Chinese leader) told Trump how dangerous the virus is.
As much disdain that you have for those who have overblown this thing I have equal disdain for those who think it is nothing to worry about. Just like Harbaugh will never know if the Ravens would have won in O.T. we will never know just how bad things might have become without masks, vaccines and the other protocols that some of us followed.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dr Dante…. Dr Faucci hmmmmm who to listen to for medical/health advice… a real head scratcher LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts