A.J. Dillon tests positive for COVID-19 [OP from 11/2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arguing about the difference between 59 and 41 is what Common Core has led to.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66.6/33.3 is closer to 59/41 than 50/50. So it isn't even, it's actually twice as many.

I actually don't know (or care) what the stats were for - I got bored and just scanned thru the conversation. But thought my take was interesting regarding rounding stats.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Show me where i said it was the same? I said it was "pretty close"

And yes thats one way to look at it as 18 but thats misleading because in reality its only 9...if youre playing a game where you take a point from the other team when you "score"...you only have to "score" 9 times in a row to even the score

The tax thing is not at all the same thing obviously because thats fir sure a difference of 18. Because thats a game where score is kept like the nba. If one team is up 59-41 yes thats a difference of 18 points but thats not how percentage points work

What are the correct covid numbers? Id like to know them and then compare them to the site i used...

And no thats not a 50/50 revenue split but in my opinion its pretty close and leaving opinion out of it...its a lot closer than what we currently get, obviously
What is your cut off for "pretty close"? 60? 61? 64?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone enlighten me please. In what game do you take a point away from your opponent and simultaneously add a point to your score? Asking for a friend.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Someone enlighten me please. In what game do you take a point away from your opponent and simultaneously add a point to your score? Asking for a friend.
My friend Rudy G. told me to tell your friend.....Rigged elections.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The recent spike in positive tests is concerning. If the new variant is really that effective at evading the vaccines, we'll likely see some teams decimated much like the Browns are now and many teams were last season. The NFL really should just its protocols to allow players to return quicker. I can imagine a nightmare scenario before the Super Bowl or a huge playoff game where Rodgers, Brady, Belichick, etc. (someone really important) tests positive the day before and has to miss the game.

More generally though, what is our way out of this pandemic? It seems like certain places are returning to semi-lockdown conditions, which I don't necessarily agree with. I'm in favor of incentivizing vaccines and requiring masks in public places, but at some point, we need to learn to just live with the virus. Get vaccinated. If you get Covid and are vaccinated your chances of a negative outcome are extremely low. If you are in good health, go about your life as you otherwise would while wearing a mask. But are we going to shut schools again? Restrict restaurants? I'm just not sure that's good for anyone at this point. It's bad for our economy, bad for our mental health, bad for childhood development. It's one thing to do lockdowns for a year. It's another to enact those policies indefinitely.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The recent spike in positive tests is concerning. If the new variant is really that effective at evading the vaccines, we'll likely see some teams decimated much like the Browns are now and many teams were last season. The NFL really should just its protocols to allow players to return quicker. I can imagine a nightmare scenario before the Super Bowl or a huge playoff game where Rodgers, Brady, Belichick, etc. (someone really important) tests positive the day before and has to miss the game.
Was a really interesting post, right up to the point where you prioritized football over health. Really hard to understand the selfishness that covid has exposed in our society and the U.S. seems to lead the world in that too.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was a really interesting post, right up to the point where you prioritized football over health. Really hard to understand the selfishness that covid has exposed in our society and the U.S. seems to lead the world in that too.
I’m not prioritizing football over health. I think the NFL should turn the screws on the players and try to get to 100% vaccination across the league. Then, if there is an outbreak in the locker room, the chances of serious infection would be very, very low. And hopefully, at some point, we could begin to treat it more like the flu.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score

More generally though, what is our way out of this pandemic? It seems like certain places are returning to semi-lockdown conditions, which I don't necessarily agree with. I'm in favor of incentivizing vaccines and requiring masks in public places, but at some point, we need to learn to just live with the virus. Get vaccinated. If you get Covid and are vaccinated your chances of a negative outcome are extremely low. If you are in good health, go about your life as you otherwise would while wearing a mask. But are we going to shut schools again? Restrict restaurants? I'm just not sure that's good for anyone at this point. It's bad for our economy, bad for our mental health, bad for childhood development. It's one thing to do lockdowns for a year. It's another to enact those policies indefinitely.
The NFL did adjust the protocols today. Now if a vaccinated individual is asymptomatic and shows one negative test they can come off the list. There is no longer a five day waiting period. So it's possible Clark could be available.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL did adjust the protocols today. Now if a vaccinated individual is asymptomatic and shows one negative test they can come off the list. There is no longer a five day waiting period. So it's possible Clark could be available.
A move in the right direction. Hopefully Clark will meet these requirements. 2 negative PCR tests or one negative PCR with a CT of 35 or greater or blah blah blah… dam* just give him a Snickers king size and let him play!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is really on The Packers to take care of themselves and do their best not to get infected come playoff time. Does not guarantee anything but it starts with the coaching staff and players understanding they need to be there for the games. And I think we will be smart about it.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is really on The Packers to take care of themselves and do their best not to get infected come playoff time. Does not guarantee anything but it starts with the coaching staff and players understanding they need to be there for the games. And I think we will be smart about it.
What do you expect them to do go in isolation until it's game time while practicing virtually, what is the vaccine for again? Not sure what you mean. Btw...not intended to be derision but honestly how much precaution can they take?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid should be painful, Lambeau leapin into the arms of god knows who…. Big on field mosh pit after games… this is not hard to see coming

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully Rodgers in particular avoids excessive social contact come January.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Here's a detailed look at how a vaccinated player who has tested positive can return to the field. There are still two negative tests required. As a side note, there was no mandatory five day waiting period before.

“Testing Out” of Quarantine for Fully Vaccinated Players, Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 Staff After evaluating our testing data, we have updated Addendum D to the Screening and Testing Protocol and the testing required for a fully vaccinated player, Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 staff member to “test out” of quarantine following a confirmed positive test. Effective immediately, any such fully vaccinated individual should be tested every day after the confirmed positive test. Any such fully vaccinated individual shall be released from quarantine, provided they are asymptomatic for at least 24 hours by one of the following options:

Option 1: S/he receives two (2) BRL PCR Test Results (taken on the day after the positive swab is taken (Day 1) or thereafter) (which may be taken concurrently) which are either negative or produce Cycle Threshold (CT) values of 35 or greater (all CT target levels (T1 and T2) must be 35 or greater); OR

Option 2: S/he receives one (1) BRL PCR Test Result (taken on the day after the positive swab was taken (Day 1) or thereafter) which is either negative or produces CT values of 35 or greater (all CT target levels (T1 and T2) must be 35 or greater) AND a negative Mesa Test result from a test taken within 24 hours of the BRL PCR Test (i.e., both may be taken at the same time or less than 24 hours apart); OR

Option 3: S/he receives two (2) negative Mesa Test results (which may be taken concurrently but must be two (2) separate swabs) on Day 1 (the day after the positive swab was taken) or thereafter (maximum limit of 3 tests may be taken per day).

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you expect them to do go in isolation until it's game time while practicing virtually, what is the vaccine for again? Not sure what you mean. Btw...not intended to be derision but honestly how much precaution can they take?
Are you serious? Do you think these things through before reacting?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you serious? Do you think these things through before reacting?
Yes I’m serious. Explain to us what they are to do to to contain this thing! Clark was infected prior to an important game why haven’t they done what you are implying NOW?
BTW...you brought it up and want to dog someone when they ask for you to elaborate. LOL

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I’m serious. Explain to us what they are to do to to contain this thing! Clark was infected prior to an important game why haven’t they done what you are implying NOW?
BTW...you brought it up and want to dog someone when they ask for you to elaborate. LOL
You lack common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts