A.J. Dillon tests positive for COVID-19 [OP from 11/2020]

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I disagree when someone compares it to the seasonal flu. Covid does not have a season. It is year round. Now whether you agree with me that it spreads quicker, hospitalizes more, leads to more lingering effects, and kills more people can be up for debate. Calling Covid seasonal is in no way up for debate.

In comparing it to the flu, I am not saying that they are the same. Covid is, at least for now (mutations may change this over time), much more serious than the flu. However, I will just say that I bet we wouldn't see the flu as being quite so seasonal if we tested for it with the same rigor we test for covid. Covid does wave with seasons (hot climate zones spike in summer, cold climate zones spike in winter).

But the purpose of my comparison to the flu is chiefly this: influenza vaccines mitigate the seriousness of the virus, they don't eradicate it. And that, by all available data, is how Covid vaccines work as well. I routinely see people saying that we all need to get vaccinated because that will eliminate the virus the way we eliminated polio. That's not realistic. The most vaccinated regions on the planet are still seeing outbreaks of covid. Because the virtue of the vaccine is not to prevent infection or prevent it from spreading; the virtue is to make the impact of the virus less severe.

And that mindset (if everyone gets vaccinated, we will end covid) is the erroneous basis for deluded people destroying the economy, people's livelihoods, relationships, etc. It's an extremely destructive error.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Yup it is going to be around forever just like the flu although currently it is much more contagious and many times more deadly, that will likely change with variants and immunity. Nobody’s freedoms are being tromped on by this pandemic. Everyone is just as free as they were before. There have always been rules to enter a business establishment, worker safety, belonging to the military etc. Some new rules have been put in place which is to be expected given a worldwide health threat of this magnitude. certain tribes choose to ignore as they wrap themselves in patriotism and “respect for law” which seems ironic. The economy is perking along pretty darn well. Some (especially) small businesses have been hurt and in some cases destroyed others have flourished and even been created. That happens on s smaller scale for other reasons every day. Always has. Nobody owes their life or the lives of their loved ones to keep a business going. If people would start acting more rationally we would imo be further down the road to putting this behind us. I know I would be out there pumping a lot more money into the economic engine. I knew there were irrational people out there, I just didn’t know there were this many. I don’t hate people who won’t get vaccinated. I think a lot of them are idiots. Get it or don’t get it, I really don’t care but please stop your carping about the consequences of your action. Same with wearing a mask. I could care less if you wear one or don’t in places that they aren’t required. Just like I don’t care if you go barefoot or shirtless in the summer. But when you come into a store a restsurant or airplane where it’s required then I think you should comply… or don’t go in… your “freedom”. With the wealth technology and science at Americas disposal we could have handled this so much better. Stupid should be painful.

"No one's freedoms are being tromped on" he says, as Australian citizens are literally being forced into ******************s and people are losing their jobs because they don't trust the vaccines. What a clown you are.

Do you know what they call societies where everyone is treated as though they are in the military?

By the way, I do mask where it's required. I've complied with everything the state has asked of me concerning covid. But you're in a state of utter lunacy if you don't think freedoms are being impinged by hysterical overreach.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, except it's an incendiary situation that ends up being fueled by just the mention of Covid as part of what happened. A simple, "He should have gotten vaccinated!," comment immediately turns into a disagreement, simply because it was stated.

Expect it to be what it is, until this whole thing is put in the rear view mirror through vaccinations, like it or not.

This thread was dead and forgotten until @AKCheese decided to resurrect it in order to scold me for posting facts that don't jive with his agenda.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In comparing it to the flu, I am not saying that they are the same. Covid is, at least for now (mutations may change this over time), much more serious than the flu. However, I will just say that I bet we wouldn't see the flu as being quite so seasonal if we tested for it with the same rigor we test for covid. Covid does wave with seasons (hot climate zones spike in summer, cold climate zones spike in winter).

But the purpose of my comparison to the flu is chiefly this: influenza vaccines mitigate the seriousness of the virus, they don't eradicate it. And that, by all available data, is how Covid vaccines work as well. I routinely see people saying that we all need to get vaccinated because that will eliminate the virus the way we eliminated polio. That's not realistic. The most vaccinated regions on the planet are still seeing outbreaks of covid. Because the virtue of the vaccine is not to prevent infection or prevent it from spreading; the virtue is to make the impact of the virus less severe.

And that mindset (if everyone gets vaccinated, we will end covid) is the erroneous basis for deluded people destroying the economy, people's livelihoods, relationships, etc. It's an extremely destructive error.
Polio has not gone away. Nothing that there are vaccines for has gone away. It's there, it's just the fact that herd immunity develops when there's nearly 100% vaccination. You're using loophole observations to try to offset facts. Since we can't even imagine how bad the situation would be with flu, without vaccines, comparing the two is fruitless.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"No one's freedoms are being tromped on" he says, as Australian citizens are literally being forced into ******************s and people are losing their jobs because they don't trust the vaccines. What a clown you are.

Do you know what they call societies where everyone is treated as though they are in the military?

By the way, I do mask where it's required. I've complied with everything the state has asked of me concerning covid. But you're in a state of utter lunacy if you don't think freedoms are being impinged by hysterical overreach.
Australia?….. seriously…. Australia?? I see new bumper stickers right around the corner. FREE AUSTRALIA!!! People lose their jobs for refusing to comply with job mandated requirements ALL the time. It’s a choice, it’s called exercising ones feeedom. BTW good on you for following the rules.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Childish off topic comments don't ever deserve childish off topic comments IMO.

The topics are not about Covid in general or beliefs about the virus and such. It is about a specific football player on a team this forum is devouted to landing on the list. Discuss the impacts to the team, potentially their specfic case and how it is hitting them, how it may impact the specific player. No one and I mean no one desires to have a political **** storm break out in a thread discussion which leaves football and solely centers around medical beliefs or political beliefs of either extreme.
Especially when that Mod is the first one to shut a thread down when he decides it’s gone off topic … or run it’s course in his opinion… but not this time ??

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Australia?….. seriously…. Australia?? I see new bumper stickers right around the corner. FREE AUSTRALIA!!! People lose their jobs for refusing to comply with job mandated requirements ALL the time. It’s a choice, it’s called exercising ones feeedom. BTW good on you for following the rules.

"Don't bring up horrible things that are happening in other western countries; it's really inconvenient for me!"

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Don't bring up horrible things that are happening in other western countries; it's really inconvenient for me!"
I think the reason he's saying what he did is that it's Austria that's doing lockdowns.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Australia?….. seriously…. Australia?? I see new bumper stickers right around the corner. FREE AUSTRALIA!!!
LOL....it is funny how people latch on to stuff that they read online, without fact checking it first. Next thing they are going to say is that the Australian gov. is locking down the bank accounts of the unvaccinated. The Charlie Kirk's of this world are some how getting rich off these morons.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think the reason he's saying what he did is that it's Austria that's doing lockdowns.

I think the reason he's saying what he did is because what's going on there makes a mockery of his comment that "people's freedoms aren't being tromped on."

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
LOL....it is funny how people latch on to stuff that they read online, without fact checking it first. Next thing they are going to say is that the Australian gov. is locking down the bank accounts of the unvaccinated. The Charlie Kirk's of this world are some how getting rich off these morons.

Pokerbrat2000's MO is to hide from or ignore things that hurt his feelings, so it's not surprising to me that he's just denying plain facts, but in case anyone else is interested, here's an ABC article about "covid detention facilities," where people are caged against their will if they test positive.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Putting people in ******************s.

Government trying to unconstitutionally force private businesses to fire unvaccinated people even if said business doesn't care.

Covid cult members: "It's always been this way! What are you crying about??"

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do the non-vacciners not want it? Afraid of consequences? Don't want to be told what to do? A statement about politics? I have heard why vacciners have gotten the shot. Why don't anti-vacciners want the shot?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa whoa nothing dude said went against "science" he simply used the stats that are available in the mainstream media

Stat #1 total cases: 266,103,394

Stat #2 total deaths: 5,270,516

Stat #3 overall mortality rate: (total deaths divided by total cases) .01980627124

You cant argue against the numbers provided by "medical science" can you?

Now im not saying covid isnt real or is cover to inject people with microchips im just saying those are the numbers plain and simple...and while over 5 million died of covid since it began...over 8 million died of starvation in 2021.

And no matter what you think you gotta realize starvation deaths are 100% preventable while covid deaths are not, so tell me why have we not stopped starvation from claiming so many lives every year?

But on another note Hawaii sounds awesome!!! I hope to make it there someday, have a great time, im sure you will...
IMO Covid deaths are preventable. There are vaccines that are both safe and effective. I lost a 62 year old friend this summer who refused to get the vaccination. He caught Covid and was dead in two weeks. Granted, he was older and way overweight. Still, it was preventable.

Even so, if his decision only affected him, then that's his decision. People who catch Covid, whether they know if they have it or not, are likely to spread it to about 5 other people. I don't think they have that right. And some have said to me "Well your friend only infected other unvaccinated people." That's not the point. The point is that many or at least some of them died for no good reason. Well, no good reason I can see.

This debate won't be solved here or anywhere. I'm as glad I'm vaccinated as unvaccinated people who also made a choice. I have enough trouble making decisions for myself much less making them for anyone else. All any of us can do is suggest, and hopefully remain friends even if we have different opinions.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The government also “makes you fire” some people if the won’t wear a hard hat FREE AUSTRALIA!!!!!!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This issue of vaccination is causing serious problems with families, including my own. There's no way that my wife and I can expose ourselves to the dangers of non vaccinated people at Christmas. I suggested we all wear masks. That was greeted with a tirade against the vaccine. It was the end of the conversation.

This is where we stand as families, and a nation.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This issue of vaccination is causing serious problems with families, including my own. There's no way that my wife and I can expose ourselves to the dangers of non vaccinated people at Christmas. I suggested we all wear masks. That was greeted with a tirade against the vaccine. It was the end of the conversation.

This is where we stand as families, and a nation.
Are you saying we need 2 forums? One for vaccinated and one for the non? I guess I can live with that. :coffee:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How hard is it for people to just stop being a **** to each other and running full tilt crazy with outlier situations or examples.

Covid is real and it CAN suck or be nothing if you get it. *It rocked me HARD
It can and has killed.
It typically won't kill the younger and the healthier folks.
Vaccination lessons the chances of impact.
It is your choice and well within your rights to get vaccinated or not.
You'RE a **** if you intentionally disrespect someone else for their choice.
You don't love people more if you get vaccinated or wear a mask.
You don't hate people more if you don't get vaccinated or wear a mask.

Respect folks, it isn't that freaking hard.

ALSO LEAVE THE COVID **** OUT OF FOOTBALL DISCUSSIONS.

Reaction score
50% is incorrect. The figure who are most opposed to vaccination are around 20%. They're the ones stopping the program from being successful.

Vaccination opposition
I Think he meant 50/50 inside of the one sector. Half needing to for financial reasons or work related demands etc..

not 50% disagreeing with the vaccine product itself.

That’s how I read it anyway. But fantastic information I feel much better. Either that or I’m just high on caffeine :coffee:

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dantes the difference you and I have stems from my belief that vaccinated people are less likely to contract covid therefore less likely to spread covid.
I agree with you on
1. Vaccinated people can still get covid.
2. Unvaccinated people can get covid.
3. Vaccinated people who get covid can spread covid.
4. Unvaccinated people who get covid can spread covid.
By reading your comments (correct me if I am wrong)
5. Vaccinated people are less likely to be hospitalized from covid.
6. Vaccinated people are less likely to die from covid.
Things we disagree on.
1. See my opening statement.
2. The percentage of hospitalizations, long term effects and deaths are not high enough to have any type of government mitigation.
3. Aaron Jones is still better than AJ Dillon.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dantes the difference you and I have stems from my belief that vaccinated people are less likely to contract covid therefore less likely to spread covid.
I agree with you on
1. Vaccinated people can still get covid.
2. Unvaccinated people can get covid.
3. Vaccinated people who get covid can spread covid.
4. Unvaccinated people who get covid can spread covid.
By reading your comments (correct me if I am wrong)
5. Vaccinated people are less likely to be hospitalized from covid.
6. Vaccinated people are less likely to die from covid.
Things we disagree on.
1. See my opening statement.
2. The percentage of hospitalizations, long term effects and deaths are not high enough to have any type of government mitigation.
3. Aaron Jones is still better than AJ Dillon.
You forgot that vaccinated people can keep their eating utensils on their forehead… handy at hunting camp (or tailgating). FREE AUSTRALIA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.