1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

A Great Day For Football Fans!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bensalama21, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Looks like the lockout's end is near! The Players and Owners have agreed to the 120 Million salary cap and rookie wages. By the sounds of it, it looks like the lockout will be lifted no later than sunday night!

2. rawalabhay

rawalabhay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Don't jinx it now! But yhea all signs are pointing towards it. Hopefully they remove the lockout and I can finally buy tickets to my first Packers game ever!

3. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    Yeah dude....come one, you don't talk about a no hitter in the seventh inning.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Still a few issues to work out. including the legacy fund, one-time free agent right-of-first-refusal tags, player safety, and litigation entanglements.

5. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    From everything I have heard and read all those seem to be pretty minor issues that both sides should be able to reach agreements on pretty easily. Here's hoping!!!! GO PACK!!!!!!!!!

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    The players had a secret insurance policy that would pay them 200,000 if no football was played..

Owners were made aware of it the other day and speculation is that owners thought players would fold once they started to lose money...But if they got a 200K payday owners might be scared now since they would be only ones losing money

7. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    That was one smart backup plan the players had!

8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    You're still talking about a $9 Billion empire. Nothing is simple, and any one factor can hold up or even derail an agreement.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Cmon man. This shouldn't even have gone this far. This is not a great day, though it feels like it. It's just a normal day after 100+ crappy, crappy days driven by petty millionaires.

10. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    I think that would barely cover Antonio Cromartie's child support payments.

11. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    I agree it's a smart move by the players, but lets remember $200,000 is a LOT LESS than what a lot of those guys make, and likely wouldn't last that long for most of them. They'd still be in financial dire straights by mid-season.

Also, I heard it reported towards the beginning of this lockout that the owners were/are could miss this entire season, and would still have all their expenses covered. The lockout insurance deal they made with the TV networks was to cover them for next season.