OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
What things? And I repeat...you criticize Matthews for sitting out with minor injuries and praise Favre when the latter preferred to ride around on his tractor when it was time to show up for OTAs and the start of training camp.

If actions speak louder than words, I can't think of the player who exhibited the belief that, "It's training camp. Veterans get nothing out of training camp," more than Favre.

Look, your hatred of all things Farve is well documented. You would have it no other way. My indifference toward all things Favre is also well documented. You want to get all wound up, knock yourself out ... I'm asking about #52...not #4. I got a lot of useful opinions out of this thread from everyone, including you. I'm not engaging you in a hair pulling match...if you want that, well, sorry, your opinion is good and valuable but frankly man... Whatever...

H

HardRightEdge

My indifference toward all things Favre is also well documented. I'm asking about #52...not #4.
You made the Favre work ethic comparison. I merely pointed out where it was misguided.
I have a hatred of all things things Favre, you say? That's not accurate. I wanted him traded in a Hershall Walker-type deal after the 2000 season. Before that I was happy to take the bad with the good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You made the Favre work ethic comparison. I merely pointed out where it was misguided.
I have a hated of all things things Favre, you say? That's not accurate. I wanted him traded in a Hershall Walker-type deal after the 2000 season. Before that I was happy to take the bad with the good.

Um, he really didn't:

Yeah...but you have to give the wiener king one thing ... he was always available and certainly wouldn't have taken himself out of the NFC Championship game - we're still waiting for some sort of explanation on that one, you know?

You might be mistaking me for a Brett fan...but I'm not a Brett hater neither. He's just another former player -- it's not like he's Ron Wolf or anything.

He did not mention anything about his overall work ethic, read it again. "he was always available and certainly wouldn't have taken himself out of the NFC Championship game"

No where did he mention #4's work ethic in reference to camp, he simply was always available to play, and he was.

Anyway, I, like weeds am not going to get in a debate about him but I think you are mischaracterizing his comments.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Um, he really didn't:

He did not mention anything about his overall work ethic, read it again. "he was always available and certainly wouldn't have taken himself out of the NFC Championship game"

No where did he mention #4's work ethic in reference to camp, he simply was always available to play, and he was.

Anyway, I, like weeds am not going to get in a debate about him but I think you are mischaracterizing his comments.
And this really is a thread about 52. I can only close by saying I'm happy 52 is on our team. I don't think 52 worries about being named a captain. He plays his heart out every week. That seems to be beyond debate IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Man, it always surprises me that people feel the need to take random shots at one of the best QBs in NFL history. Yeah, he screwed up at times but the positive plays VASTLY outnumber the negatives.

Please keep the lid on that can of worms ;)

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mathews can do what everhe wants imo. the wear on his body must be huge. we couch jockeys need to let him decide, so he can hit the 19 years his uncle did, and 20 his daddy did in the nfl.
i did give him a little fece earlier, but mainly because i was bored:) he is a future hall of famer. when you reach that level, you get a few benefits i would say.
Like the benefit of the doubt. As for the NFCCG, you could see on the sidelines he looked dazed. Tired certainly and let's face it, the guy plays all out all the time. I have a feeling he caught a hit to the head and may have been trying to avoid either making it worse or more likely avoiding concussion protocol. Who knows? But I trust his judgement. I thought it weird that no one was talking to him. Regardless, that loss had nothing to do with CMIII.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...but you have to give the wiener king one thing ... he was always available and certainly wouldn't have taken himself out of the NFC Championship game - we're still waiting for some sort of explanation on that one, you know?

You might be mistaking me for a Brett fan...but I'm not a Brett hater neither. He's just another former player -- it's not like he's Ron Wolf or anything.
What was CMIII's response to being on the sidelines? All I have heard is that he said he was "tired". I'm sure he was, but that alone wouldn't keep him out of the game. In a game that seemed to come straight out of the Twilight Zone, CMIII standing on the sideline fits. That said, I trust the guy. He has a heart as big as his motor, which is always in high gear. And I don't remember if at that point in the game it still looked like the Packers were still very likely to win. Because all that was necessary at that point was for HHCD to try and defend the 2 pt pass, and I mean he didn't even jump, and for Bostick to remember his assignment.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CMIII needs better conditioning if he can't stay with it in a championship game.

Joe Nor Cal Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CMIII needs better conditioning if he can't stay with it in a championship game.
Well yeah. I mean it's win or go home time. I have a feeling he got his bell rung and didn't want to say anything for fear of the concussion protocol. He looked more dazed n confused that tired. I just don't know why there wasn't a better explanation. Then again, there's really no good explanation for that disaster of an ending.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anytime an established starter bangs their toe in training camp they get held out for precautionary reasons. Fans make way to much out of guys missing time in camp and it only gets worse if said player has ANY kind of injury history.

Members online

Latest posts