49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of this overconfidence I've seen from 49er fans this week is just downright amazing, especially for a team that hasn't sniffed competitive football in years. You'd think this was Clemson against Appalachian State.

I don't dispute, the 49ers have a better, more well-rounded team and should win this game 75% of the time. Still, that's 25% of the time that they don't. By the sounds of some of them, it would take nothing short of a miracle. This is the NFL where parity rules and no great distance exists between two teams. This isn't college football where the difference between one program and another might be a 35 point spread. All these guys are professionals.

Make no mistake, the 49ers should win this game, but it would be far from a historic upset if they don't. It'd be right on the same level as Minnesota beating New Orleans two weeks ago.

It’s because the 49ers defense is healthy again. The latter half of the year the 49ers defense was good, but when they were healthy they were downright brutal.

I agree with you though that no game is a gimme. Even bad teams with terrible records aren’t guaranteed victories.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look the 49ers have the better offense. The better defense. The better special teams. Coaching is about even. The 49ers should be big favorites.

But...we have Rodgers. There's always a chance with him at QB. But something isn't being talked about enough. All of the pressure is on the 49ers. They are expected to win. Sometimes the favorite gets tight in these games. Look at the Ravens last week. We are playing with house money. The Niners have the most pressure.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Their pass rush is formidable, but if we can somehow get passed it, I think we can have our way with their secondary.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t hold that against Favre too much. In those days the Cowboys were beating everybody.
No lie there. At the time, the Cowboys were the only team to win the Super Bowl three times in a four year span (later matched by New England).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This wouldn't be Brandon we're talking about by chance is it?
No...it was a few years ago?

I think this is correct..

instead of words just typed .

Yes--- .

We came to conclusion it was troll behavior

Reaction score
You said you agreed and then went on to disagree, if that helps at all.
Nope. I thought you had a well written post or I would have never said so. It wasn’t meant to be a backwards compliment like my coworker said to me in front of an attractive lady in my office the other day. He said...”Doesn’t she look great for 63 years old!” He got away with it as i uncomfortably just smiled. That probably would’ve got me slapped upside the head! :eek:

So basically what you’re saying is we are just going to have to disagree to agree on this topic forthwith. I like it! :)

Reaction score
The Packers have activated Raven Greene from IR, per Rapoport.
That’s just awesome! Good for him. Us stretching the season out deep into playoffs was his only chance at contributing again before next season
I bet he’s just thrilled to be suited up again.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have activated Raven Greene from IR, per Rapoport.
Well, we're out of excuses now. We're at full strength. I know the odds aren't necessarily in our favor, I know we overachieved in regards to this year as a whole, and I know we are on the road against a team who is supposed to be the better team. There's nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Fair or unfair, The Packers have to get the job done tomorrow or it'll be all for naught. I'm sure this team will improve the following year, but nothing is guaranteed. We MUST capitalize tomorrow. I'm sure San Fran will throw everything at us, but we have to endure.

We're 1 game from the big dance. 2 from glory. Whatever it takes.