49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be a tough game, SF is legit. I hope the Packers keep 5 up front on D otherwise its going to be a long day and Blake will finish with 20 tackles all 10 yds downfield.

H

HardRightEdge

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
That second play, the short cross with hesitation off the snap...that's play action and he's giving the corner an initial run block look and gets him flat footed. That's some clever sh*t to go along with all the rest.

Reaction score
:laugh::x3::roflmao:
To sit here and predict a long kick return, a ST fumble recovery, a blocked kick, an on-side recovery, etc. is a poor proposition.

I’m with you on this. I think the “X” factor is our ST plus a + TO margin. ST was an area that was dismal week 12 for GB. Just simply having an above average ST performance would be the factor that keeps GB in the game.

What’s odd about your lengthy rebuttal is that it was initially in response to me agreeing with you (see above). I was simply saying having an a better average ST performance in conjunction with a positive turnover margin could push GB into a position to Win.

I’m not sure why you’d use multiple posts to argue in an effort to seemingly dismantle against a simple prediction that was my opinion and partly aligned with the post immediately prior (yours!)
Especially when it was in response to me agreeing to you (see above)!! That’s odd behavior to argue into multiple posts with people who agreed with something you said in the first place!
It’s ok HRE. I agree with you again but only if it makes you feel better.

Here we go.. an above average Special Teams performance combined with Packers winning the turnover battle will have absolutely ZERO effect on this game. Also having a great ST performance won’t give GB ANY chance whatsoever of even remotely staying in the game! Matter of fact, it’ll be more likely we lose because of it! :laugh:

Wheeew! (Flicking the sweat from my head with my fingers) I’m just glad we can both agree on something!

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That second play, the short cross with hesitation off the snap...that's play action and he's giving the corner an initial run block look and gets him flat footed. That's some clever sh*t to go along with all the rest.
It's just about universally recognized that Davante is a top 7-10 receiver in the NFL no matter who you ask, and some would say top 5. And it still feels like he is vastly underrated.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Situationally, this is set up nice for the Packers.

The media, almost universally, is anointing SF the chosen one. You'd think they've won the last five Super Bowls to hear some of the 'analysis'. So, all the pressure is on SF to follow through.

Meanwhile, do you think that Packer players are sick and tired of all the SF adoration? I imagine so, and, they can do something about it by winning.

Not saying it gives a huge edge since motivation is strong for all involved, but, I like the underdog role the Packers find themselves in.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of people have been under suspicion that the NFL will rig it to have those two teams match up.
Well, if they're going to rig it, might as well rig it in our favor...

I finally saw someone pick the Packers - Rachel Bonnetta from Lock it In. That's a betting show though, so I think she was just picking them to cover the spread. Besides which, her role is more as a moderator than an analyst. Oh well.

Then I heard Kyle Shanahan complaining because he keeps hearing Aaron Rogers is a better quarterback than Jimmy G. Hokey smokes, the whole nation is pretty much saying the 49ers have a better team top to bottom except for quarterback, and you find that to whine about? Shows that football is in his blood, I guess.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I finally saw someone pick the Packers - Rachel Bonnetta from Lock it In. That's a betting show though, so I think she was just picking them to cover the spread. Besides which, her role is more as a moderator than an analyst. Oh well.

Then I heard Kyle Shanahan complaining because he keeps hearing Aaron Rogers is a better quarterback than Jimmy G. Hokey smokes, the whole nation is pretty much saying the 49ers have a better team top to bottom except for quarterback, and you find that to whine about? Shows that football is in his blood, I guess.
Thought Kyle said rodgers us best he ever seen?

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/video/kyle-shanahan-nobody-planet-throws-better-aaron-rodgers

49ERS
Shanahan: 'Nobody on the planet throws better' than Rodgers

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought Kyle said rodgers us best he ever seen?
Yeah, I heard him say that, and I thought the same thing. This just tells me that he's in full coaching mode. Trying to butter Rodgers up, set him up for a fall, and trying to inject some confidence into Jimmy G.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers gets hot early connecting with Aaron Jones in the screen game...TD. He gets a rhythm with Davante Adams early and often with him lining up all over the formation...2 TD's Pack goes up 21-10 at halftime. Agents Smith rush and bully Garapolo in the second half forcing a fumble and interception. Aaron Jones gashes San Fran for over 150 scrimmage yards total and another score for the dagger.

Packers 28-San Fran 13

OP
OP
5x49er

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers gets hot early connecting with Aaron Jones in the screen game...TD. He gets a rhythm with Davante Adams early and often with him lining up all over the formation...2 TD's Pack goes up 21-10 at halftime. Agents Smith rush and bully Garapolo in the second half forcing a fumble and interception. Aaron Jones gashes San Fran for over 150 scrimmage yards total and another score for the dagger.

Packers 28-San Fran 13

Nope

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you're saying the Packers won't score 28.

It's interesting to note that while the 49ers finished far ahead of the Packers in defensive yards allowed, they were very close in points per game. SF had 19.4 to GB's 19.6 (eight and ninth in the league, respectively).
Not saying that means anything necessarily, but I thought it was interesting.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Both teams incredibly healthy. No one listed for SF. Only Vitale questionable for GB. May the better team win. No excuses.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing I haven't thought about/considered until today:

It's the 100th year of the National Football League. How fitting would it be for a rematch of Super Bowl I? Green Bay v.s. Kansas City. With arguably the two most talented throwers of the football of all time. The two guys who many considered are the most talented total package of quarterbacks for sure in this generation, and perhaps ever?

100th year
Packers/Chiefs rematch from Super Bowl I
Rodgers/Mahomes

The collective heads of anyone associated with the NFL would explode for happiness if this matchup actually comes to fruition.

State Farm would certainly benefit from this matchup as well.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joined 2012
You have to remember that this is due to one big game that does not come around often. During the bulk of regular seasons it gets light. I recall back in the early internet days AOL had NFL team message boards and we invaded each other's territory all the time. Especially with Viking fans since that was our big rival at the time. But we had a lot of other teams' fans that jumped in as well. That is what the board sponsors like to see instead of sparse dull review. I recall the year Carolina went 1-15. After the first week their board began to disintegrate like the Exodus. It was sad.

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wonder if any of the 9er fans from the Harbaugh tenure come on to the boards. Better yet any from the Steve Young or Montana days.

Yes. The first game I ever watched was “the catch” when I was eight years old. Joe Montana to Dwight Clark in the NFC championship game against the Cowboys.

Anytime any team becomes good again, opposing fans accuse the team of having bandwagon fans. What’s really happening (mostly) is that fans that long existed before become more active because they are excited about the season. This is any team.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What’s really happening (mostly) is that fans that long existed before become more active because they are excited about the season. This is any team.
That's the definition of a bandwagon fan, only showing support during times of success.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/pop-culture/bandwagon-fan/

There are diehard fans, and then there are bandwagon fans. Bandwagon fans only show interest and support for a sports team based on recent successes or popularity, e.g., when their city's football is going to or has won the Super Bowl.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. The first game I ever watched was “the catch” when I was eight years old. Joe Montana to Dwight Clark in the NFC championship game against the Cowboys.
I remember watching that game (I was 11), I was thrilled Clark caught that pass because I hated the Cowboys.

That's the definition of a bandwagon fan, only showing support during times of success..
He didn't say they only showed support in times of success, he just said they become more active and excited when the team is good. What diehard fan wouldn't be more excited when the team has success?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I saw a photo on a post on another Packers forum that the geniuses at ESPN gave SF the advantage on every facet of the game - including QB - except for ST.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts