49ers -- NFCCG (who'da thunk these 2 teams in August)

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't say they only showed support in times of success, he just said they become more active and excited when the team is good. What diehard fan wouldn't be more excited when the team has success?

Well, he said . . .

What’s really happening (mostly) is that fans that long existed before become more active because they are excited about the season. This is any team.

The definition says . . .

"Bandwagon fans only show interest and support for a sports team based on recent successes"

I took his post to mean they were casual fans who didnt follow much, but did when the team is successful.

Upon rereading, maybe he meant they still go to games and follow the team and just turn it up a notch.

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The turning it up a notch is what I was talking about. Also, I’ve always taken “bandwagon“ to be someone who became a fan because a team is doing good.

Also, I don’t care what team you are talking about. The Packers this year will sell more tickets and gear, and have more Internet traffic, and have more excitement, etc. than a 2-14 year. By far.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw a photo on a post on another Packers forum that the geniuses at ESPN gave SF the advantage on every facet of the game - including QB - except for ST.
Including QB? That's harsh. Nothing against Jimmy G, but seems disrespectful to Rodgers and his experience not to give him the nod there. Not that I'd be shocked if Garoppollo outperforms him Sunday, but they're hardly facing the same defense, or working with the same offensive unit.

What happened to all the people who claimed Rodgers as the greatest QB of all time? That seems to have been downgraded to "greatest passer of the ball", but they're ready to hand that crown off to Mahomes. Besides, I don't know how you claim that given Rodgers' accuracy issues. Rodgers is great, but I've never totally bought into the hype. Still, to say the 49ers have the advantage at quarterback...

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Completely opposite feeling today than three years ago the day before the NFC Championship game. Had an awful feeling that Atlanta would take it to us.

Today, having rewatched the week 12 game, I am extremely confident and feeling great about this game. It was absolutely no where near as bad as what the final score indicated.

The turnover that led to a 2 yard TD drive for SF set an awful early tone. The next drive was derailed by a GMO drop. The next drive Jamal dropped a 3rd down screen pass that perhaps would have went no where. The next drive we were moving, and GMO again makes a boneheaded mistake with an inexcusable block in the back which again got us into bad down and distance. The next drive stalled with Jones getting stopped on 4th down after moving the ball nicely. The next drive if you’ll remember was actually a catch by Graham that LaFleur should have challenged. That stopped the drive.

During this time, the Packers defense was actually playing quite well and was getting consistent pressure on Jimmy G. Minus the 2 yard TD drive, the defense held the 49ers to 6 points in the first 6 drives.

Eliminate the dumb penalties and the drops, and turnovers, and I’m telling you this will be a much different football game tomorrow.

At the end of the day, this game is going to come down to this: One team has Aaron Rodgers, the other has Jimmy Garoppolo. Rodgers will make all of the key plays down the stretch, and Garoppolo will not, as he’ll have smith brothers sweat all over his jersey.

Packers 31
49ers 24

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
JK Scott added to the injury report and is questionable for tomorrow’s game with an illness.

Stay on them fluids, Young Buck.

Seattle49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You wonder if any of the 9er fans from the Harbaugh tenure come on to the boards. Better yet any from the Steve Young or Montana days.

I started watching when this guy was QB

Attachments

• 20191010_075200.jpg
    20191010_075200.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 59

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Including QB? That's harsh. Nothing against Jimmy G, but seems disrespectful to Rodgers and his experience not to give him the nod there. Not that I'd be shocked if Garoppollo outperforms him Sunday, but they're hardly facing the same defense, or working with the same offensive unit.

What happened to all the people who claimed Rodgers as the greatest QB of all time? That seems to have been downgraded to "greatest passer of the ball", but they're ready to hand that crown off to Mahomes. Besides, I don't know how you claim that given Rodgers' accuracy issues. Rodgers is great, but I've never totally bought into the hype. Still, to say the 49ers have the advantage at quarterback...

Yeah, without question not picking Rogers when the 49ers had the number one pick is probably one of the greatest blunders in draft history. What makes it worse is Rodgers grew up a 49ers fan, and his dream was to play for the team.

There are some aspects of Garoppolo’s play that are absolutely great. The man is extremely accurate, and he can drop a dime with a lightning quick release a half-second before getting clobbered by a DE. But his lack of mobility and his occasional flub turning the ball over downgrade him from a great quarterback to a good one.

I have high respect for Aaron Rodgers, and I hope he wins another Super Bowl. Just not at the expense of the 49ers.

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then you might want to stay away from a TV for the next 15 days. ;)

lol We’ll see. If the Packers win I will be rooting for them against KC, because I like Rogers and I want the media to get off of KC’s nuts. I will be rooting against them if it’s the Titans, only because it would be cool to see a 9-7 sixth seed win it all.

The 49ers defense is respected, but what is it not talked about enough is how different and SCARY they are when healthy. If Rogers beats them NOW, with all the starting players back, he freaking earned it.

H

HardRightEdge

During the TD play early in this video I noticed Lazard gets knocked to the ground past 5 yards. SEA got away with one there.
You expect a flag at 5 1/2 yards? Or is it 5 1/4? And since it went for a TD there's nothing to get away with.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers grew up a 49ers fan, and his dream was to play for the team.
It might be superstitious, but this kind of worries me. Favre was a Cowboy fan, and his record against Dallas was not good. And I remember Kaepernick's 49ers bouncing us from the playoffs a few times.

And for all the praise Rodgers gets, I can't recall too many times when he carved up a really good defense. Although that may be true for anyone playing great defenses. If the Packers can keep it close, or get a lead and force the 49ers to pass so our pass rush can tee off, they have a chance. Maybe not a likelihood, but a chance. Although I think all this talk about Garoppollo throwing picks is a little overstated.

CheeseNwine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might be superstitious, but this kind of worries me. Favre was a Cowboy fan, and his record against Dallas was not good. And I remember Kaepernick's 49ers bouncing us from the playoffs a few times.

And for all the praise Rodgers gets, I can't recall too many times when he carved up a really good defense. Although that may be true for anyone playing great defenses. If the Packers can keep it close, or get a lead and force the 49ers to pass so our pass rush can tee off, they have a chance. Maybe not a likelihood, but a chance. Although I think all this talk about Garoppollo throwing picks is a little overstated.
I wouldn’t hold that against Favre too much. In those days the Cowboys were beating everybody.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JK Scott added to the injury report and is questionable for tomorrow’s game with an illness.

Stay on them fluids, Young Buck.
This is EXACTLY why I wanted them to hurry and get over to the west coast. It's far less cold over there, and they could better adjust to everything. I HOPE this doesn't bite them in the *** tomorrow.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This is EXACTLY why I wanted them to hurry and get over to the west coast. It's far less cold over there, and they could better adjust to everything. I HOPE this doesn't bite them in the *** tomorrow.
Calm down, turbo. The team is fine.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You expect a flag at 5 1/2 yards? Or is it 5 1/4? And since it went for a TD there's nothing to get away with.

If an WR is blocking that far past the LOS before the pass is thrown that is OPI. We've seen it. And just because a TD was scored if there is a penalty a flag should be thrown.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, look at the bright side. If Scott can't go tomorrow, they have a new holder for FGs and Crosby misses a game winning field goal because the laces aren't out, we will forget all about Bostick overnight. . .

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of this overconfidence I've seen from 49er fans this week is just downright amazing, especially for a team that hasn't sniffed competitive football in years. You'd think this was Clemson against Appalachian State.

I don't dispute, the 49ers have a better, more well-rounded team and should win this game 75% of the time. Still, that's 25% of the time that they don't. By the sounds of some of them, it would take nothing short of a miracle. This is the NFL where parity rules and no great distance exists between two teams. This isn't college football where the difference between one program and another might be a 35 point spread. All these guys are professionals.

Make no mistake, the 49ers should win this game, but it would be far from a historic upset if they don't. It'd be right on the same level as Minnesota beating New Orleans two weeks ago.

Stanley

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of this overconfidence I've seen from 49er fans this week is just downright amazing, especially for a team that hasn't sniffed competitive football in years. You'd think this was Clemson against Appalachian State.

I don't dispute, the 49ers have a better, more well-rounded team and should win this game 75% of the time. Still, that's 25% of the time that they don't. By the sounds of some of them, it would take nothing short of a miracle. This is the NFL where parity rules and no great distance exists between two teams. This isn't college football where the difference between one program and another might be a 35 point spread. All these guys are professionals.

Make no mistake, the 49ers should win this game, but it would be far from a historic upset if they don't. It'd be right on the same level as Minnesota beating New Orleans two weeks ago.

I guess your definition of overconfidence is different than mine.

I'd say having a 75% chance to win like you said, justifies the confidence.

And yes, the 49ers will need to play like they did against the Steelers earlier this year if the Packers are going to win.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a punter. As long as he's not puking his guts out he should be able to play through the flu.

I have to agree. Being sick sucks for sure, but you're not out there trying to block or run and getting hit every play. You have to go on the field like 10 times to hold and punt. If you can't handle that, you should be in a hospital bed.

Get plenty of fluid and rest for the next 24 hours and then go suck it up for 3 hours.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts