2024 Packers Top 30 Prospect Visits

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference is Kent will also post unofficial pro day reporting RAS's.

Which Davis bumps his to a 7.29u

With his 10 yard split significantly faster than the official and his 20 yard split.

Those splits are the main difference

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
The difference is Kent will also post unofficial pro day reporting RAS's.

Which Davis bumps his to a 7.29u

With his 10 yard split significantly faster than the official and his 20 yard split.

Those splits are the main difference
That's where I was a little confused, because I had seen where Kent would sometimes have both up on a split screen. Thanks for the clarification.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's where I was a little confused, because I had seen where Kent would sometimes have both up on a split screen.

Either way Davis illustrates a strong "in pads" play which makes him very attractive RB2 or RB3 for someone.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
1st WR Top 30 visit... Alabama WR Jermaine Burton. The photo on the right, when opened up on "X" says Green Bay, Wisconsin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408_124804_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_124804_X.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been reported that they also spoke/met with him at the Alabama Pro Day. Why was Burton a guy you were going to put on your 100% out list?

Merely maturity. Fact is he is likely worth a third if he is there.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Now we're cooking... or drinking... Kool-Aid

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408_151510_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_151510_X.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now we're cooking... or drinking... Kool-Aid

1,000% on board with this. He is the top rated CB I see actually have a good chance of being there at 25. Only guys I have above him are:

Q, Arnold and Wiggins

I get it if folks prefer DeJean if you think safety but Cooper is not a press man corner AT ALL. Give me a guy that can and run with it.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
1,000% on board with this. He is the top rated CB I see actually have a good chance of being there at 25. Only guys I have above him are:

Q, Arnold and Wiggins

I get it if folks prefer DeJean if you think safety but Cooper is not a press man corner AT ALL. Give me a guy that can and run with it.
I'm all in on Kool-Aid, not sure why he isn’t getting that much love in the 1st to the Packers.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Q, Arnold and Wiggins

I am 58% DeJean 42% Kool-Aid if they are both there. Part of my reasoning is DeJean can be used in multiple sets. If you draft Kool Aid IMO you still need 2 safety's. If you draft DeJean you have a little bit more flexibility needing another safety and a cb. imo. The other part is that IMO I would rather have an Iowa defensive player than an Alabama guy. IMO.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I think McKinstry would be a great pick. I am against solely because of the bad Kool Aid jokes that will ensue.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think McKinstry would be a great pick. I am against solely because of the bad Kool Aid jokes that will ensue.
Oh, lord... can you even imagine the stupidly "witty" headlines every time he makes a big play, or a bad play, or does anything at all that's the least bit out of the ordinary? We'd all end up hating his parents with a burning, white-hot passion.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Oh, lord... can you even imagine the stupidly "witty" headlines every time he makes a big play, or a bad play, or does anything at all that's the least bit out of the ordinary? We'd all end up hating his parents with a burning, white-hot passion.
Kool-Aid's real name is Ga'Quincy. His nickname was given to him by his grandmother, because after he was born, she said he had the big Kool-Aid smile.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That seems far too much of an emotional response….

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I am 58% DeJean 42% Kool-Aid if they are both there. Part of my reasoning is DeJean can be used in multiple sets. If you draft Kool Aid IMO you still need 2 safety's. If you draft DeJean you have a little bit more flexibility needing another safety and a cb. imo. The other part is that IMO I would rather have an Iowa defensive player than an Alabama guy. IMO.
Imo, we should always have 4-6 of those Iowa guys on our roster. They are taught and play differently down there imo.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Here we go, finally something to report today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_135811_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_135811_X.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 25

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
In Brugler's draft guide that just dropped, he has Tyler Guyton listed as being 21 right now. That's significant to me. He is elsewhere listed as being 23 in June, which I really wouldn't care for, given that he's developmental. But if he's on the younger side, you can see why he might need that developmental runway.

Still not my favorite prospect idea, as I can't really envision him beating out Walker and I don't really like tackles who are that tall, but if he's younger I wouldn't be adamantly against it.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Safety Akeem Dent in for a Top 30 visit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_145149_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_145149_X.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240410_150502_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_150502_Chrome.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 18

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
So how much better is McKinstry gonna be than Lassiter, Melton and Tampa?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So how much better is McKinstry gonna be than Lassiter, Melton and Tampa?

No idea!

But, I do think McKinstry is a really high level prospect. Consider:

-2021: played in 15 games as a true freshman (~450 snaps) in the SEC and did well
-2022: entrenched starter with 16 PBU and 1 INT, 2nd Team All American
-2023: entrenched starter with 7 PBU, 1st Team All American; zero penalties (targets dropped from 80 in 2022 to 39 in 2023)

This last season, QB's were 19/39 into his coverage (48%) for 205 yards, 1 TD, 4 PBU, 73.1 Passer Rating.

For his career, 70/146 (48%) for 800 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 21 PBU, 66.0 Passer Rating.

Over 5'11" and right around 200 lbs, 32" arms, and ran a 4.47 on a jones fracture with a truly elite 10 yard split. Skilled punt returner, which is a good indicator of integrated athleticism.

Plays hurt and didn't miss a game during his three seasons at Alabama. One of the last Saban-coached defensive backs that will be available to the league-- has the reputation of possessing a high football IQ.

Reliable tackler and strong ball skills (in terms of turning, finding the ball-- not catching it :)).

Versatile! Capable in zone coverage, very good in man coverage, good in run defense and against screens, etc.

Overall:
You've got a good athlete with great size at a premium position who can do absolutely anything Hafley might want from an outside corner and was very good for three straight seasons in the SEC. Seems that he didn't quite live up to the hype from his 2022 season, which may have something to do with playing hurt, but if he had, we aren't talking about him being on the board at #25. He was still very good, and you just don't find many college corners who have been coached like him and have man/zone versatility like his.

I think Lassiter is probably a more limited athlete and Tampa has the reputation of being a zone corner who will likely struggle in man coverage. I could see Melton being as good or better than him in time (i.e. he has the potential), but he definitely was not as good in college.

If you look at the consensus board and ignore the top 16 as highly unlikely to be available, I like the idea of drafting McKinstry as much or more than anyone in this class.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No idea!

But, I do think McKinstry is a really high level prospect. Consider:

-2021: played in 15 games as a true freshman (~450 snaps) in the SEC and did well
-2022: entrenched starter with 16 PBU and 1 INT, 2nd Team All American
-2023: entrenched starter with 7 PBU, 1st Team All American; zero penalties (targets dropped from 80 in 2022 to 39 in 2023)

This last season, QB's were 19/39 into his coverage (48%) for 205 yards, 1 TD, 4 PBU, 73.1 Passer Rating.

For his career, 70/146 (48%) for 800 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 21 PBU, 66.0 Passer Rating.

Over 5'11" and right around 200 lbs, 32" arms, and ran a 4.47 on a jones fracture with a truly elite 10 yard split. Skilled punt returner, which is a good indicator of integrated athleticism.

Plays hurt and didn't miss a game during his three seasons at Alabama. One of the last Saban-coached defensive backs that will be available to the league-- has the reputation of possessing a high football IQ.

Reliable tackler and strong ball skills (in terms of turning, finding the ball-- not catching it :)).

Versatile! Capable in zone coverage, very good in man coverage, good in run defense and against screens, etc.

Overall: You've got a good athlete with great size at a premium position who can do absolutely anything Hafley might want from an outside corner and was very good for three straight seasons in the SEC. Seems that he didn't quite live up to the hype from his 2022 season, which may have something to do with playing hurt, but if he had, we aren't talking about him being on the board at #25. He was still very good, and you just don't find many college corners who have been coached like him and have man/zone versatility like his.

I think Lassiter is probably a more limited athlete and Tampa has the reputation of being a zone corner who will likely struggle in man coverage. I could see Melton being as good or better than him in time (i.e. he has the potential), but he definitely was not as good in college.

If you look at the consensus board and ignore the top 16 as highly unlikely to be available, I like the idea of drafting McKinstry as much or more than anyone in this class.

Yup. I'd even support a small trade up to grab him truthfully...once Quinyon is off the board, I strongly want to draft Arnold or Kool Aid...otherwise I believe best to double dip in the third and a day 3 type approach.