2023 week 2 vs Falcons shout box game day thread

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is why people have no clue what was happening

I just messed up the operation with the cadence on that one," said Love. "And so not everybody got the call to get the sneak. So I just missed that operation up, right there.

"I said the wrong thing. So it's pretty much not a play until I give the live word, pretty much. I gave the wrong live word on that one."
so… it wasn’t the center’s failure as I suspected.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love screwed it up

See my prior post
Maybe, maybe not. Not sure how a QB doesn't know what the signal is. On the post-game show they were talking about how a good QB never throws his teammates under the bus and accepts the blame. Can you imagine the bad blood that would have been created if he said, "Yeah, Josh just didn't hear me for some reason or didn't know the count and just didn't snap the ball on time." No, he would never do that.

So we know what Love said, but in reality we don't know.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. Not sure how a QB doesn't know what the signal is. On the post-game show they were talking about how a good QB never throws his teammates under the bus and accepts the blame. Can you imagine the bad blood that would have been created if he said, "Yeah, Josh just didn't hear me for some reason or didn't know the count and just didn't snap the ball on time." No, he would never do that.

What did matt say?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

“If he thought he could get it on the sneak, then it’s on him to check to it,” LaFleur said. “I think he did and nobody heard him. It was loud, and it’s an unfortunate situation. We were definitely going to call a timeout there and go for it on fourth down.”

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
“If he thought he could get it on the sneak, then it’s on him to check to it,” LaFleur said. “I think he did and nobody heard him. It was loud, and it’s an unfortunate situation. We were definitely going to call a timeout there and go for it on fourth down.”
So really just a matter of circumstance. I wouldn't blame either of them in that case then.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So really just a matter of circumstance. I wouldn't blame either of them in that case then.
Except that it looked like he could get the first if only he and the center moved. There was space. It should not be a voice activated change. Who's going to hear it? He should give Meyers some kind of touch signal and then just go. If LaFleur thinks a voice signal is good enough when you are the away team; then it's on him.

Reaction score
Unfortunately it is not in the budget. I guess I just got spoiled by the posters who like to do that type of stuff. Oh well, can't have everything. It does make me ponder if you have ever made that helpful suggestion to any other posters, or am I just one of your favorites?
It looks like you are one of his favorites alright. Favorite “what” I don’t know :roflmao:

I should probably sign up for PFF stats.
I like looking up that type stuff it’s not work it’s fun to me. I’ll check into it I’m not very good at following through on spending $ just to warn you. Lol

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except that it looked like he could get the first if only he and the center moved. There was space. It should not be a voice activated change. Who's going to hear it? He should give Meyers some kind of touch signal and then just go. If LaFleur thinks a voice signal is good enough when you are the away team; then it's on him.
Sure, why not, right? Gotta blame someone after all.

Reaction score
Unfortunately it is not in the budget. I guess I just got spoiled by the posters who like to do that type of stuff. Oh well, can't have everything. It does make me ponder if you have ever made that helpful suggestion to any other posters, or am I just one of your favorites?

I like looking up that type stuff it’s not work it’s fun to me. I’ll check into it I’m not very good at following through on spending $ just to warn you. Lol

Edit: Just realized the bottom level for those stats are $120 yearly, that’s too rich for me sorry. I’d need a GofundOldSchool

That said, in 2022, Dillon had essentially the same number of 1st Downs as Jones on far less attempts.

Since 2021
Dillon has exactly 100 1st Down runs on exactly 401 attempts. He gets a 1st on exactly a 1:4 ratio (1D:attempts)
Aaron Jones has 94 1st Down runs on 393 attempts over that same span.
(*These includes all downs)

You can do the player splits on Stat Head or ProFootballReference
As far as 3rd Down and 4th Down success in “moving the chains” 1st Downs

Dillon is 6/7 on 4th Down (85.7%)
Dillon is 34/51 on 3rd Down (66.7%)

Chubb is 6/13 on 4th Down (46.1%)
Chubb is 37/69 on 3rd Down (53.6%)

Henry is 11/16 on 4th Down (68.8%)
Henry is 67/100 on 3rd down (67.0%)

Taylor is 11/15 on 4th down (73.3%)
Taylor is 46/89 on 3rd down (51.7%)

Jones is 7/12 on 4th Down (58.3%)
Jones is 33/56 on 3rd down (58.9%)

*courtesy of Pro-football-reference

So I doubt anyone is a better short yardage chain mover than AJ Dillon

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Edit: Just realized the bottom level for those stats are $120 yearly, that’s too rich for me sorry. I’d need a GofundOldSchool

That said, in 2022, Dillon had essentially the same number of 1st Downs as Jones on far less attempts.

Since 2021
Dillon has exactly 100 1st Down runs on exactly 401 attempts. He gets a 1st on exactly a 1:4 ratio (1D:attempts)
Aaron Jones has 94 1st Down runs on 393 attempts over that same span.
(*These includes all downs)

You can do the player splits on Stat Head or ProFootballReference
As far as 3rd Down and 4th Down success in “moving the chains” 1st Downs

Dillon is 6/7 on 4th Down (85.7%)
Dillon is 34/51 on 3rd Down (66.7%)

Chubb is 6/13 on 4th Down (46.1%)
Chubb is 37/69 on 3rd Down (53.6%)

Henry is 11/16 on 4th Down (68.8%)
Henry is 67/100 on 3rd down (67.0%)

Taylor is 11/15 on 4th down (73.3%)
Taylor is 46/89 on 3rd down (51.7%)

Jones is 7/12 on 4th Down (58.3%)
Jones is 33/56 on 3rd down (58.9%)

*courtesy of Pro-football-reference

So I doubt anyone is a better short yardage chain mover than AJ Dillon
Uh oh....... now you've opened up a can of worms if someone chooses to run with that.

Reaction score
Ok so Dillon isn’t really a feature RB. However he IS a substantial short yardage RB and he’s durable, can catch a pass and can block. He’s someone that we should at least offer a RB2 $ contract to keep on board imo. He’s worth a
2X $7-8mil X$4mil guar ~ area unless he just disappears altogether

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok so Dillon isn’t really a feature RB. However he IS a substantial short yardage RB and he’s durable, can catch a pass and can block. He’s someone that we should at least offer a RB2 $ contract to keep on board imo. He’s worth a
2X $7-8mil X$4mil guar ~ area unless he just disappears altogether
I guess we should include some new cleats with that contract.

Reaction score
I guess we should include some new cleats with that contract.
I’d give him a few games. He’s best suited when sharing snaps as a change of pace option. I still think we should mix a few more passes in with Dillon. He showed good receiving prowess. We use Jones in that capacity but Dillon is like a shorter TE. Until the WR group is more acclimated (mid season etc).

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They lost to the 2nd worst qb in the nfl..then claimed they didn't know he was so mobile? GMAFB! They didn't watch film on him?

You were also outcoached by the doofeyest looking coach in the NFL! Great job Lafleur!
Ridder looked better than Fields.