2023 week 2 vs Falcons shout box game day thread

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I'd want him as my featured #1 back because of his running style. I think Dillon is very well suited for his role with the Packers.
I think this is why the FO was so open about JT....

Conversely, look at a team like the Jets - Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook - I mean, good luck stopping both those guys - and they have a bad OL too

If something were to happen to AJ long term, we would really need a feature back who can carry the team and ease the load/pressure on our QB/Love

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're right only wins matter, but I don't foresee a gold jacket in his future. The real issue is we get can't stop the run. But you if you think DR is a world-beater, than who am I to argue? Also, he threw a INT today, so I guess his streak will have to start over.
Dont put words into my mouth

You said they made him look great. I said maybe he is. To small of a sample but I would take 15 of 18 a td and no int in a while

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Conversely, look at a team like the Jets - Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook - I mean, good luck stopping both those guys - and they have a bad OL too

If something were to happen to AJ long term, we would really need a feature back who can carry the team and ease the load/pressure on our QB/Love
Did you want the pack to give away Watson?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

The Jets OL is a pretty good run blocking OL. They stink at pass blocking and are going to get Wilson hurt too imo. Packers can't afford another high priced RB imo. The next big time RB will probably need to come through the draft.

ClutchLove

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not my?

Did you want Watson gone for JT
I mean.... AJ has one more year after this year. I would not be opposed to a 2 headed attack with Jones - JT, let Dillon walk after this year. AJ, although I like him would be near 30 at the end of his contract... then just let JT be the feature back

Watson - I mean he hasn't even played yet this year LOL

He showed promise last year, but was still widely inconsistent....

Do we think Watson a ceiling like a Justin Jefferson, Garrett Wilson, Olave, etc?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean.... AJ has one more year after this year. I would not be opposed to a 2 headed attack with Jones - JT, let Dillon walk after this year. AJ, although I like him would be near 30 at the end of his contract... then just let JT be the feature back

Watson - I mean he hasn't even played yet this year LOL

He showed promise last year, but was still widely inconsistent....

Do we think Watson a ceiling like a Justin Jefferson, Garrett Wilson, Olave, etc?
Jc

Would you trade Watson for jt

Yes or no

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To those of you making excuses, yes, I expect to win with a 12-point lead in the fourth quarter in a game that you're in control of against an at best at least average team with a way below average quarterback. Not at all blaming Love , his line can't protect him when it counts, coaches get out coached, and his defense sucks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
To those of you making excuses, yes, I expect to win with a 12-point lead in the fourth quarter in a game that you're in control of against an at best at least average team with a way below average quarterback. Not at all blaming Love , his line can't protect him when it counts, coaches get out coached, and his defense sucks.
5 games and he is WAY below average?

This type **** makes no sense at all

Same period he has better stats than Brady

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's always hilarious after a loss (in this case a CLOSE loss that could have gone either way.) Guys will tell you they are expecting 8-10 wins and then they act shocked and ready to flush everything after one loss. SMDH

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont put words into my mouth

You said they made him look great. I said maybe he is. To small of a sample but I would take 15 of 18 a td and no int in a while
DR is not average starting QB. Can you name 15 starting QBs that are below him? 115 yards, 15-18 with a TD, but he's not even freaking Daniel Jones. I also saw your other post, saying he had a better 5 game start than Brady does not mean he'll be anywhere near as good. Brady at least had flashes, he's lucky he didn't have 3 picks today.
"Same period and he has better stats than Brady"
SMDH!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DR is not average starting QB. Can you name 15 starting QBs that are below him? 115 yards, 15-18 with a TD, but he's not even freaking Daniel Jones. I also saw your other post, saying he had a better 5 game start than Brady does not mean he'll be anywhere near as good. Brady at least had flashes, he's lucky he didn't have 3 picks today.
"Same period and he has better stats than Brady"
SMDH!
5 games no one can say if he is below average or great..thats my point
Again putting words into my statements

You recall Bradys 1st 5 starts?

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not seen other 28 qbs play.
How do you derermain who is worse? If you haven't seen them.play?

Zach Wilson, Justin Fields look worse
Wasn't there already a week #1? Have not all 32 played at least one game already? You named 2 QBs, a player has to be better than one less than half, that's the law of averages. The less than half is 15, hence he has to be 16th amongst the 32 starting NFL QBs to meet the criteria of average NFL QB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're right only wins matter, but I don't foresee a gold jacket in his future. The real issue is we get can't stop the run. But you if you think DR is a world-beater, than who am I to argue? Also, he threw a INT today, so I guess his streak will have to start over.
Again putting words into my statements.

Need to stop

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wasn't there already a week #1? Have not all 32 played at least one game already? You named 2 QBs, a player has to be better than one less than half, that's the law of averages. The less than half is 15, hence he has to be 16th amongst the 32 starting NFL QBs to meet the criteria of average NFL QB.
I said I didn't see them play..so how do you derermain who is worse or better if you don't see them play.

When this week is over we can look at stats and say by stats he is so and so

But stats don't show everything. That's why I said I haven't seen others play

Members online

Latest posts