2023 Tyni's Prospect Thread

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If we only had two second rounders this year...I would love adding Dalton and Tucker...two very different TEs that could be incredible.
We just might have multiple picks in both Round 1 and 2, never know what the final trade package for Rodgers will look like! ;)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really depends on who is at QB for the Packers. I think a Kincaid type of guy would have been perfect for Rodgers. However, if the Packers are building for the future and that future doesn't contain Rodgers, Mayer might be the guy that better suits MLF's offense.
That's a good point. If Rodgers is gone, I'm gonna assume they'll need receivers who can pile up YACs. Mayer looks like that kind of TE. Sort of the anti-Richard Rodgers who fell down if someone looked at him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We just might have multiple picks in both Round 1 and 2, never know what the final trade package for Rodgers will look like! ;)
Agree. That option is still available I think. I'm guessing the Colts would make the best trade partner (higher picks), although the Niners seem like the most logical place. Then again, the Niners have done pretty well without a $50 million QB.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. That option is still available I think. I'm guessing the Colts would make the best trade partner (higher picks), although the Niners seem like the most logical place. Then again, the Niners have done pretty well without a $50 million QB.

The Niners are not in the QB market after splurging on Lance - they will give Lance a shot if they operate without JimmyG

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners are not in the QB market after splurging on Lance - they will give Lance a shot if they operate without JimmyG
I agree. How many games has Lance played, like three? They have a lot of skill/impact players on offense and don't need a franchise QB. Their D, especially the front four, is very good. Even without Jimmy G, I expect they will still be a tough out.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. How many games has Lance played, like three? They have a lot of skill/impact players on offense and don't need a franchise QB. Their D, especially the front four, is very good. Even without Jimmy G, I expect they will still be a tough out.
Lance has been active in 18 games and played in 8. He has produced collectively 797 yards - 5 TDs - 3 INTs on a 56 completions on 102 attempts or 54.9%. He has also provided 235 yards rushing on 54 attempts and a TD.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Every offseason there are QB starved teams, just the nature of the NFL. Rodgers trade value will go up or down depending on how many teams are in the discussion. Probably the most importand variable is Rodgers himself. While his contract doesn't have a no trade clause in it, his approval will probably be needed. I most likely see him saying "I will only play for these teams and if you trade me to anyone else, I will just retire."

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every offseason there are QB starved teams, just the nature of the NFL. Rodgers trade value will go up or down depending on how many teams are in the discussion. Probably the most importand variable is Rodgers himself. While his contract doesn't have a no trade clause in it, his approval will probably be needed. I most likely see him saying "I will only play for these teams and if you trade me to anyone else, I will just retire."
Yeah you're right. He'll only play for a team with a legit shot at the SB. And I don't blame him for that.

Just for fun, I've been speculating where he could go. Probably the best place for the Packers is the Colts. They will have better draft picks. And the Colts are a bit like the Packers - talented under-performers. The Colts though lack a franchise QB. Ryan is way past his sell-by date.

I'm sure there are other places, maybe the Jets - but I don't think they'll give up on #2 pick Zach Wilson just yet.

I hope he stays in GB. The WRs will be better, especially if they can pick up a TE like Mayer in the draft or otherwise get a talented FA receiver. Ditch Joe Barry and his staff and hire a promising DC and allow that person to pick their own coaches. Replace Savage and get a solid, starting OT.

I still believe it's a talented team that needs better coaching and a few holes to fill on the roster. And with Bakhtiari apparently healthy and playing well, maybe they don't have to find an OT.

Reaction score
If we keep ******** #12 in the draft and squandering our Defensive resources, he might want out of GB. Your prophesy could easily become a reality and you would have an absolute field day if we traded Rodgers AND picked top 20 TWICE. Top 50 TWICE and top #85 TWICE this draft, plus banked a Day 1 in a trade back and had another extra 2024 Day 1 from a Rodgers trade.

Then backed it by selecting Three 2024 Day 1’s or trading up for any player we wanted with 2 of them.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, per Spotrac's estimated market value it'll cost over $5Mil/yr. to keep him. At 29 (as of April, '23) I hope Gute lets him walk, don't think he adds $5Mil value to the team, anymore. I used to love his potential, but either he's dropped off considerably since the knee injury OR MLF isn't using him properly. Either way, not worth the $$, get some low-priced FA's to block & occasionally catch a pass. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/robert-tonyan-jr-22072/market-value/
I'm not interested at 5M per year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not interested at 5M per year.
Yeah I agree. Tonyan had that one great year and I'm starting to believe it was just a fluke. It looks like he's recovered from the ACL tear - he can still run, he just doesn't get a lot of attention from Rodgers and that's telling. This team has gone so long w/o a real TE, someone who stretches the field so to say. Maybe we'll get one in 2023.

Either way, I'm tired of burning draft picks on the D. I think there are like 6 first round picks on the D and a few other pro bowlers. The talent is there, the coaching is not (and hasn't been there since maybe Capers' first year).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If we keep ******** #12 in the draft and squandering our Defensive resources, he might want out of GB. Your prophesy could easily become a reality and you would have an absolute field day if we traded Rodgers AND picked top 20 TWICE. Top 50 TWICE and top #85 TWICE this draft, plus banked a Day 1 in a trade back and had another extra 2024 Day 1 from a Rodgers trade.

Then backed it by selecting Three 2024 Day 1’s or trading up for any player we wanted with 2 of them.
Me wanting to trade Rodgers, isn't a "he stinks, get him off the team". I recognize that he could be a good QB for 1-5 more years, but I also recognize that he very well could retire, get injured or go down hill during that time too. Getting something for him, while the getting is still good, makes more sense than waiting until he has no value.

The lemons are still passable as fresh, don't wait for them to rot, before you make that lemonade.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me wanting to trade Rodgers, isn't a "he stinks, get him off the team". I recognize that he could be a good QB for 1-5 more years, but I also recognize that he very well could retire, get injured or go down hill during that time too. Getting something for him, while the getting is still good, makes more sense than waiting until he has no value.

The lemons are still passable as fresh, don't wait for them to rot, before you make that lemonade.
Yeah and it's the old saying - better a year too soon than a year too late when it comes to trading a guy. I think physically Rodgers could play another 5 years. I don't think he wants that, maybe another two years. Even so, that could be enough to get an otherwise good team ton the SB. Brady did it in Tampa.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah you're right. He'll only play for a team with a legit shot at the SB. And I don't blame him for that.

Just for fun, I've been speculating where he could go. Probably the best place for the Packers is the Colts. They will have better draft picks. And the Colts are a bit like the Packers - talented under-performers. The Colts though lack a franchise QB. Ryan is way past his sell-by date.

I'm sure there are other places, maybe the Jets - but I don't think they'll give up on #2 pick Zach Wilson just yet.

I hope he stays in GB. The WRs will be better, especially if they can pick up a TE like Mayer in the draft or otherwise get a talented FA receiver. Ditch Joe Barry and his staff and hire a promising DC and allow that person to pick their own coaches. Replace Savage and get a solid, starting OT.

I still believe it's a talented team that needs better coaching and a few holes to fill on the roster. And with Bakhtiari apparently healthy and playing well, maybe they don't have to find an OT.
Man, I gotta say, I feel like Rodgers on the Jets would be a scary proposition.
I know it's said about a lot of teams (or a lot of teams convince themselves they're in this position) but they really do feel like a team that's a QB away. They've got an elite, top-5 defense (IMO, but I think the numbers back it up). Breece Hall was looking like a shoe-in for OROY before getting hurt. A relatively stacked group of WRs with Wilson, Moore, Mims, Davis, Berrios.

I don't know if he'd want to invite more Brett Favre comparisons but if I'm Rodgers and am considering a trade they would have to be near the top of my list.

Colts would probably be my second choice though.

I guess SF would probably be at the top of the list for him but not sure how realistic that would be.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I gotta say, I feel like Rodgers on the Jets would be a scary proposition.
I know it's said about a lot of teams (or a lot of teams convince themselves they're in this position) but they really do feel like a team that's a QB away. They've got an elite, top-5 defense (IMO, but I think the numbers back it up). Breece Hall was looking like a shoe-in for OROY before getting hurt. A relatively stacked group of WRs with Wilson, Moore, Mims, Davis, Berrios.

I don't know if he'd want to invite more Brett Favre comparisons but if I'm Rodgers and am considering a trade they would have to be near the top of my list.

Colts would probably be my second choice though.

I guess SF would probably be at the top of the list for him but not sure how realistic that would be.
I agree with you about the Jets. What surprises me is how quickly their GM put all the pieces together. And the irony that the biggest piece, QB, might be a bust! Add Rodgers to that team and watch out.

And a little ironic that he would go to Favre's first stop after GB. As long as he NEVER ends up in Minnesota......

Reaction score

Oh I agree. I just think #12 is likely in his last 2-3 seasons area or less
He’s definitely NOT Tom Brady.
I’ve watched enough of both QB’s to see a distinct difference in high profile or high intensity games. Brady has an X factor and it’s no mistake his hands are filled with Rings.

To make $59M in any season you need to possess another gear. Otherwise get me a young QB we can build success around and I’ll take a couple Day 1 picks and
$25-$40Mil annual to spend on other positions over what we are witnessing today.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I agree. I just think #12 is likely in his last 2-3 seasons area or less
He’s definitely NOT Tom Brady.
I’ve watched enough of both QB’s to see a distinct difference in high profile or high intensity games. Brady has an X factor and it’s no mistake his hands are filled with Rings.

To make $59M in any season you need to possess another gear. Otherwise get me a young QB we can build success around and I’ll take a couple Day 1 picks and
$25-$40Mil annual to spend on other positions over what we are witnessing today.
I like what you're saying although I'm wondering if the cap saving would be $25-$40 mil annually from trading Rodgers. I guess that's possible if someone assumes his current contract, but his play this year, rightfully or not, doesn't suggest he's worth $50 mil/year.

My guess is that he stays in GB. If the new WRs continue to play well, the offense is likely to make a decent return. Find a DC who knows how to coach defense. Might be a very good year.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would keep Tonyan for cheap, he is pretty reliable catching the ball at least.

Unfortunately I don't believe Tonyan is interested in signing for cheap though.

Really depends on who is at QB for the Packers. I think a Kincaid type of guy would have been perfect for Rodgers. However, if the Packers are building for the future and that future doesn't contain Rodgers, Mayer might be the guy that better suits MLF's offense.

In my opinion Mayer would be an ideal choice with Rodgers around as well.

I'm guessing the Colts would make the best trade partner (higher picks), although the Niners seem like the most logical place. Then again, the Niners have done pretty well without a $50 million QB.

The Niners aren't an option as they have traded away their first four picks in the 2023 draft.

I like what you're saying although I'm wondering if the cap saving would be $25-$40 mil annually from trading Rodgers.

The Packers would take an additional cap hit of close to $8.7 million for next season by trading Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In my opinion Mayer would be an ideal choice with Rodgers around as well.

Just guessing, but that will be the $50 Million dollar offseason question that everyone, including the Packers, will have to wait for. I just hope that this year, Rodgers decides the Packers fate, BEFORE the draft.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just guessing, but that will be the $50 Million dollar offseason question that everyone, including the Packers, will have to wait for. I just hope that this year, Rodgers decides the Packers fate, BEFORE the draft.
That would be nice. I remember Favre deciding to unretire after a draft and that didn't work very well. I really think Rodgers will play. This year is an aberration, kind of a perfect **** storm. There are changes required - like a real DC, needs at safety, OT, and TE. Maybe use a second or third round pick for DL. It's not like they have to rebuild.

D

Deleted member 6794

What are you talking about??? Rodgers made the decision to play this season before the start of free agency.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What are you talking about??? Rodgers made the decision to play this season before the start of free agency.
You must not have been around for the 2021 Rodgers Soap Opera?

My whole point is that Rodger's likes to make people, including his employers, guess as to what he is doing or thinking. Most of us call that being a Diva.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My whole point is that Rodger's likes to make people, including his employers, guess as to what he is doing or thinking. Most of us call that being a Diva.
I'm not sure what comment you're responding to but it doesn't matter, you're right. Rodgers likes to make life hard for other people. He's just built that way. I'm not sure why - he's talented, rich and smart. I don't get why guys like that seem to be so insecure. They act like divas because for some reason, they don't feel worthy. Weird psychological weakness/flaw that I don't get.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers find themselves in a completely different situation with Rodgers at this point. I fully expect him to make a decision before the start of free agency, just like he did this year.

Rodgers has been pretty straightforward about him making a decision on if he wants to continue to play on a yearly basis at this point in his career. I don't have any issue with him taking his time to make a decision as long as he informs the team about his plans before the start of the new league year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not sure what comment you're responding to but it doesn't matter, you're right. Rodgers likes to make life hard for other people. He's just built that way. I'm not sure why - he's talented, rich and smart. I don't get why guys like that seem to be so insecure. They act like divas because for some reason, they don't feel worthy. Weird psychological weakness/flaw that I don't get.
Agree. He wants to be seen as the smartest guy in the room.

Members online

Latest posts