2023 Tyni's Prospect Thread

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The knock I see on him is he's tall not big. I think he can fill out another 20 pounds and maybe be a Jermichael Finley upgrade. He's like what 6'7 240?
I didn't know he was that tall. With that frame, he could add 20 lbs. 10 might be better. He looks plenty strong.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm at the UW-Whitewater game. Anyone I should pay attention to?

Apologies I missed this post in time to respond.

Coates the sophomore WR is a guy I have an eye on over there for future not this upcoming draft. I almost wonder if with his size and production if he doesn't do a transfer if the right school works out.

Otherwise not crazy familiar.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Apologies I missed this post in time to respond.

Coates the sophomore WR is a guy I have an eye on over there for future not this upcoming draft. I almost wonder if with his size and production if he doesn't do a transfer if the right school works out.

Otherwise not crazy familiar.
The RT is a sophomore, 6'7" 350#+, man among boys. Don't know the name. Got beat by speed rushers. They don't run behind him either. RG wasn't much smaller, just shorter. QB has a big arm.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did a very "raw" and unprepared at this point mock draft with 10 other draft buffs I am friends with upon an invite from one of them. (if they use it I'll share it...two of them are making a go at a podcast/youtube type sports thing).

Anyways I was assigned the Packers of course...we had rules of no trades, four rounds, current order according to PFF (we are 15th) and we would use the PFF engine for auto picking the other teams. For record the other teams that were not AI - Eagles, Lions, Chiefs, Giants, Patriots, Buccs, Saints, Chargers, Jaguars, Ravens and me with Packers.

The guys I ended up adding were:

15th Pick - Broderick Jones OT Georgia...I tentatively have him in running for tops T prospect BUT those first 2-4 Tackles are typically gone in the first 15 or so picks so it isn't unheard of that he was there and I couldn't ignore it. Logic here is I think Bakh is gone, Jenkins is a better guard than Tackle and if we lose Yosh in FA Broderick provides IMO a draft and go Tackle to pair with Tom as the other Tackle most likely. Paris Johnson was the other OL to go before my pick, 3 QBs and WRs plus Mayer (TE1).

45th Pick - Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State... Mayer was gone...TE2 on my board is Darnell Washington and he was gone...no WRs have shuffled my board fully yet and I came down to picking between Zach Harrison Edge Ohio State or Tucker Kraft TE from South Dakota State. I love Tucker's story and his potential profile in the NFL...and what I wouldn't give to see a future of him and Tonyan along with Deguara paired altogether. Three very different body types and offerings working in that TE rotation. Kraft to me is everything Marcedes Lewis was when younger, touch smaller but not a tiny man at 6'5' 255lbs and he doesn't shy away from pancaking folks if he can. Yes, he had a leg injury which kept him out until last week, but this cat has ton to offer and first week back threw up a TD and 60yards. *Yes, I'll hear the argument that this was a touch of a reach...however this is a ceiling type pick for a guy I couldn't ignore.

76th Pick - Derick Hall EDGE Auburn....Alright many remember me being higher on Enagbare last year VERY early than I probably should have been...Hall is a guy I love as well, BUT he is a higher profile guy and one that is showcasing his skills right now too. He already has 4 sacks this year (9 last year..3.5 in 2020) and has been a tackle machine for them. I see him pairing well in there with Gary/Smith and a growing Enagbare in 2023 season.

111th Pick - Tykee Smith S Georgia...another Bulldog finds the way to Green Bay in Smith. Smith played two years for WVA before coming to Georgia...he was a recruit for Corner and Safety and can do either but many see him as that Star position type roll.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did a very "raw" and unprepared at this point mock draft with 10 other draft buffs I am friends with upon an invite from one of them. (if they use it I'll share it...two of them are making a go at a podcast/youtube type sports thing).

Anyways I was assigned the Packers of course...we had rules of no trades, four rounds, current order according to PFF (we are 15th) and we would use the PFF engine for auto picking the other teams. For record the other teams that were not AI - Eagles, Lions, Chiefs, Giants, Patriots, Buccs, Saints, Chargers, Jaguars, Ravens and me with Packers.

15th Pick - Broderick Jones OT Georgia...I tentatively have him in running for tops T prospect BUT those first 2-4 Tackles are typically gone in the first 15 or so picks so it isn't unheard of that he was there and I couldn't ignore it. Logic here is I think Bakh is gone, Jenkins is a better guard than Tackle and if we lose Yosh in FA Broderick provides IMO a draft and go Tackle to pair with Tom as the other Tackle most likely. Paris Johnson was the other OL to go before my pick, 3 QBs and WRs plus Mayer (TE1).

45th Pick - Tucker Kraft TE South Dakota State... Mayer was gone...TE2 on my board is Darnell Washington and he was gone...no WRs have shuffled my board fully yet and I came down to picking between Zach Harrison Edge Ohio State or Tucker Kraft TE from South Dakota State. I love Tucker's story and his potential profile in the NFL...and what I wouldn't give to see a future of him and Tonyan along with Deguara paired altogether. Three very different body types and offerings working in that TE rotation. Kraft to me is everything Marcedes Lewis was when younger, touch smaller but not a tiny man at 6'5' 255lbs and he doesn't shy away from pancaking folks if he can. Yes, he had a leg injury which kept him out until last week, but this cat has ton to offer and first week back threw up a TD and 60yards. *Yes, I'll hear the argument that this was a touch of a reach...however this is a ceiling type pick for a guy I couldn't ignore.

76th Pick - Derick Hall EDGE Auburn....Alright many remember me being higher on Enagbare last year VERY early than I probably should have been...Hall is a guy I love as well, BUT he is a higher profile guy and one that is showcasing his skills right now too. He already has 4 sacks this year (9 last year..3.5 in 2020) and has been a tackle machine for them. I see him pairing well in there with Gary/Smith and a growing Enagbare in 2023 season.

111th Pick - Tykee Smith S Georgia...another Bulldog finds the way to Green Bay in Smith. Smith played two years for WVA before coming to Georgia...he was a recruit for Corner and Safety and can do either but many see him as that Star position type roll.
Of the players you drafted I've only seen Hall so far. That's too high of a spot for him currently.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of the players you drafted I've only seen Hall so far. That's too high of a spot for him currently.

It might be, it might not be - at this stage it would be wrong of me to say either way. IMO he is clearly a top 125 level player...one of the downsides of such a "too early" mock is familiarity with prospects isn't as in depth as it needs to be nor will be come January or February...you naturally have bias towards those you've seen or spent time studying this year or for some even last year (I have quite a few guys that once they didn't declare I saved their profile for this year).

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Question: are any of these Georgia guys gonna break into double digits on the Wonderlic?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a few guys I am loving what I see.

JL SKINNER SAFETY BOISE STATE
Skinner is in my Top 5 personally, this cat's size (6'3' 218lbs) and tackling prowess is incredibly attractive for a team that sucks at stopping the run...however he isn't a detriment to pass defense due to his high IQ and fluid hips mixed with his closing speed. I cannot wait to watch and study more and see what his measurables come in at.

DAWAND JONES OT OHIO STATE
I envision the days of Bakh are done and Jenkins may only be an incredible guard for all we know it seems in his recovery year. That said I am openly higher on Dawand Jones than many you'll see. I don't envision him being a LT but this man I believe could come in and immediately secure RT, and allow hopefully a resigned Yosh, a healthier Bakh or Jenkins or even Zach Tom (added weight) battle for LT. There is a security of knowing the right side is locked down and I truly don't envision anyone not named Nijman beating him out if we drafted him. Presently I think he may sneak into the late Day 2 conversations...he is for sure overshadowed by:

PARIS JOHNSON JR OT OHIO STATE
I LOVE PARIS. This cat went from being a stud guard to in 2022 becoming their blindside protector and he and Jones may very well be one of the best tackle combos we have seen in recent memory. I have Paris as a clear Top 3 or so Tackle prospect he is one of those guys you will constantly hear in the debate of the best ones of the class along the OL...we draft Paris, the ONLY way he isn't the starter at LT is if by some stroke of a miracle Bakh is still here and healthy, Jenkins gets resigned and doesn't play guard...Paris is a Day 1 starter anywhere but Center for whomever drafts him. He is also YOUNG, something we all know GB loves and should he declare will IMO be a top 20 pick without hesitation.

JAY WARD S LSU
I'm intrigued by Ward (6'2' 188lbs), this dude doesn't have the largest frame but he will STRAIGHT ATTACK. Commands respect over the top and covers the field very well...he's that deep high back safety that will attack breaks and make QBs pay. I'm intrigued by where he washes out at in the draft...would be shocked to see him gone by end of Day 2 or creep into Day 3 depending how this all shakes. Either way, put Jay Ward in your mind for a Savage type replacement....for an Amos replacement see the JL Skinner post above.

Reaction score
LOL I don't need to be part of the big process, just let me live in the scouting room.
Even better yet. Well let you work from home. As long as you are willing to attend at least 12 games per season (5 SEC, 5 other FBS and 2 FCS games) all expenses paid. :cool:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a few guys I am loving what I see.

JL SKINNER SAFETY BOISE STATE
Skinner is in my Top 5 personally, this cat's size (6'3' 218lbs) and tackling prowess is incredibly attractive for a team that sucks at stopping the run...however he isn't a detriment to pass defense due to his high IQ and fluid hips mixed with his closing speed. I cannot wait to watch and study more and see what his measurables come in at.

DAWAND JONES OT OHIO STATE
I envision the days of Bakh are done and Jenkins may only be an incredible guard for all we know it seems in his recovery year. That said I am openly higher on Dawand Jones than many you'll see. I don't envision him being a LT but this man I believe could come in and immediately secure RT, and allow hopefully a resigned Yosh, a healthier Bakh or Jenkins or even Zach Tom (added weight) battle for LT. There is a security of knowing the right side is locked down and I truly don't envision anyone not named Nijman beating him out if we drafted him. Presently I think he may sneak into the late Day 2 conversations...he is for sure overshadowed by:

PARIS JOHNSON JR OT OHIO STATE
I LOVE PARIS. This cat went from being a stud guard to in 2022 becoming their blindside protector and he and Jones may very well be one of the best tackle combos we have seen in recent memory. I have Paris as a clear Top 3 or so Tackle prospect he is one of those guys you will constantly hear in the debate of the best ones of the class along the OL...we draft Paris, the ONLY way he isn't the starter at LT is if by some stroke of a miracle Bakh is still here and healthy, Jenkins gets resigned and doesn't play guard...Paris is a Day 1 starter anywhere but Center for whomever drafts him. He is also YOUNG, something we all know GB loves and should he declare will IMO be a top 20 pick without hesitation.

JAY WARD S LSU
I'm intrigued by Ward (6'2' 188lbs), this dude doesn't have the largest frame but he will STRAIGHT ATTACK. Commands respect over the top and covers the field very well...he's that deep high back safety that will attack breaks and make QBs pay. I'm intrigued by where he washes out at in the draft...would be shocked to see him gone by end of Day 2 or creep into Day 3 depending how this all shakes. Either way, put Jay Ward in your mind for a Savage type replacement....for an Amos replacement see the JL Skinner post above.
What do you thin of Anthony Richardson, QB out of Florida? He looks like a late round 1 pick.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you thin of Anthony Richardson, QB out of Florida? He looks like a late round 1 pick.

I’ll be honest zero deep dives into first day or two QB prospects will even occur from me. I don’t view us in the market at all, even less than the year we drafted Love.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ll be honest zero deep dives into first day or two QB prospects will even occur from me. I don’t view us in the market at all, even less than the year we drafted Love.
Fair enough. I do like the OT candidates you listed. After such a dismal showing from the OL this year, that may be the top prospect. They have talented guys and still need Ts. It's a matter of consistency, something lacking this year.

I feel bad to see Bakhtiari's career likely over. He had great years ahead of him but ya know, stuff happens.....

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Florida fan here. I really like Richardson but he has a lot of work to do at the moment IMO. Personally I think the best thing for his development would be to return for another year of college ball.
I think he's as talented/gifted as any QB in the upcoming class, if not more so. But he's still wildly inaccurate at times, seems to struggle to read defenses beyond vanilla looks, and often tends to lock into first reads or try to force a big play instead of taking a higher-percentage less splashy look. He has a ridiculously strong arm, he's fast, and he's big and strong enough that he can take defenders on when running and take a hit (and give a hit himself).
And he has been awfully inconsistent for much of the year.

Spectacular vs Utah to open the season. Immediately jumped out as a popular Heisman pick. 17/24 for 168 with 11 rushes for 106 and 3TD.
Then turned around and arguably cost Florida the game the next week vs Kentucky. 14/35 for 143 with 0 TD and 2 INT and just 6 carries for *4* yards. He struggled again the following week...
...before lighting up Tennessee (who at the time looked to be one of the best teams in the country) with 453 passing yards, 2TD, 1 INT, and 62 rush yards and 2 TD.
Average against Mizzou, pretty decent in a loss to LSU, and overall pretty good against Georgia and TAMU...but then pretty mediocre against SC before having a big game vs Vandy (ultimately a loss tho).

Overall I would see him as a "project" player if he enters the draft this year. Stroud and Young would almost certainly be taken ahead of him and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Will Levis was, too. That said I also get the sense that his skillset and talent ceiling is such that he wouldn't make it past the 2nd round either. But as before IMO the best thing for him would be to return for another year. I don't think there's any chance we'd consider him in this upcoming draft but if by some chance he stays another year in college and develops a bit further he might be a more conceivable option the following year.

D

Deleted member 6794

After such a dismal showing from the OL this year, that may be the top prospect. They have talented guys and still need Ts.

I feel bad to see Bakhtiari's career likely over. He had great years ahead of him but ya know, stuff happens.....

Bakhtiari has been healthy enough lately to make me feel confident he could be around for next season as well. Especially as the Packers wouldn't save a whole lot of cap space by moving on from him. It might be smart to reduce his cap hit for next season by restructuring his deal though.

I agree the Packers might need some help on the offensive line though, especially if they let Jenkins walk away in free agency.

Members online