2023 game 14 vs Tampa: Bay of pigs edition

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB can get a new DC, hopefully they will get 4-5 new DB's that know how to cover any decent WR/TE/RB. This team is a disaster for the 2nd year in a row, youngest in the league does not in and of itself mean they have to be THIS bad on defense. The offense unfortunately is not good enough to recover from a bad D nor are they one that the D can count on to score when they have the opportunity.

Reaction score
GB can get a new DC, hopefully they will get 4-5 new DB's that know how to cover any decent WR/TE/RB. This team is a disaster for the 2nd year in a row, youngest in the league does not in and of itself mean they have to be THIS bad on defense. The offense unfortunately is not good enough to recover from a bad D nor are they one that the D can count on to score when they have the opportunity.
Yes. The youngest in the league reference is “overall” roster. However it’s really due to our young Offense.
So for me it doesn’t even come into play as an excuse for our secondary letting their Receivers run wild.

The only concern I had this game in the back of my mind was would our Secondary replacements hold up against really good Receivers. The answer is no.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. The youngest in the league reference is “overall” roster. However it’s really due to our young Offense.
So for me it doesn’t even come into play as an excuse for our secondary letting their Receivers run wild.

The only concern I had this game in the back of my mind was would our Secondary replacements hold up against really good Receivers. The answer is no.
Watching the Ravens last night I see what a good defense is. They got burned for one long one. Other than that we would love to have a defense like that.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Have fun at the game! Where will you be sitting? I haven't been to a game since we moved to FL in 2005.

How good is the Bucs' D? We lost last week because of turnovers. I say if we don't turn it over and commit stupid penalties we can eke out a win here.

We normally get every Tampa game but because the Dolphins and Bucs are both playing at the same time on CBS we are stuck with the Miami game instead. :( SW FL is considered a Miami market. We get all games from all the sports of the other coast.
We were in section 643s, where we get an actual seat and not just bleachers. It was a fun day. Tailgated and even got on the Jumbotron. Stinker of a game but it was a good day.

dziga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly never expected GB to make the playoffs this year but didn't expect different aspects to look so bad. So many halves with the offense gaining less than 100 yards and defense getting so routinely embarrassed.

IMO: Not making the playoffs leading to better draft picks and at the least getting Joe Barry fired is a longer term win. It certainly strikes me as better than having a GB team that doesn't belong in the playoffs being in the playoffs. I'm somewhat indifferent with MLF, a better record than I expected with better showing from offense than I expected. But Barry is a complete liability and has been the whole time

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst past defense rating in any NFL game in the last 5 years. Baker Mayfield becomes the first opposing quarterback in the over 60 year history of Lambeau Field to complete 75% of his passes and have a perfect passer rating. If there aren't changes after this season, I don't know what it'll take.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just wondering where these 4-5 new good DBs will be coming from?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the Ravens last night I see what a good defense is. They got burned for one long one. Other than that we would love to have a defense like that.
They consistently have a good defense! Their special teams are pretty special too! I could see them getting back to the superbowl this February!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the TT playbook rounds 1-3. ;) Don't skewer me, I'm joking. Would love to see the '24 draft order be: OT, S, OG, ILB, another S, CB, mammoth DT, ????.
They have a mammoth dt on their practice squad that they refuse to call up!

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly never expected GB to make the playoffs this year but didn't expect different aspects to look so bad. So many halves with the offense gaining less than 100 yards and defense getting so routinely embarrassed.

IMO: Not making the playoffs leading to better draft picks and at the least getting Joe Barry fired is a longer term win. It certainly strikes me as better than having a GB team that doesn't belong in the playoffs being in the playoffs. I'm somewhat indifferent with MLF, a better record than I expected with better showing from offense than I expected. But Barry is a complete liability and has been the whole time
I agree with your assessment of this team right now but if MLF keeps Barry around after this season I will begin to question whether Matt should be removed too.

Reaction score
Coaches like John Harbaugh seem to mold their teams with a formula year after year. And it is not just because of one HOFer.
Yes. Theres no debate about it. Great DC’s sometimes have a bad game also. However it’s an anomaly scenario when it happens. Barry’s gameplan has allowed 830 yards of Opposing Offense across the last 2 games. It would’ve been higher had teams not applied their efforts to burning the clock to close out the game

That said, I think fans are ready to find that next Fritz Shurmur of scoring and I’m right there with them:
1994-4th
1995-4th
1996-1st
1997-5th
1998-11th

Joe Barry
2021-13th
2022-17th
2023-17th
(and Currently trending backwards)

Reaction score
2nd week in a row that the Packer's defense created the NFC Offensive Player of the Week (Devito & now Mayfield). Does MLF need any more evidence that Barry sucks?!!??!!
We could get beat by The Panthers and give up 420 yards again. I think that trifecta would get Matt to fire Barry during the Halftime show. Nobody would notice I don’t think

Heck we might get better