2023 Free Agents around the league, news and signings.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Former Raider TE, Foster Moreau, signed with the Saints. Routine physical found that he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. At 25 he's got a new opponent to battle...good luck & keep fighting!

Reaction score
Its getting closer. I don’t know about trading a player part, Elijah Moore would’ve had the best odds until today. I say that because the Jets are in a Win Now mode and aside from #13, I just don’t think any drafted player is going to be that dynamic to change their complexity in 2023. Now if they were looking to bring the family and friends plan to NY to make things comfortable for Aaron? Trading Moore does two things, it’s opens a spot for Cobb AND gives the Jets more draft firepower to firm up the trade.

I think when all is said and done at very minimum Jets will part with a 2nd Rounder + 4th Rounder minimum.

If I were a betting man?? I think this spells TWO 2nd Rounders, which is now splitting hairs to us demanding #13. I could see them also swapping a Day 3 selection with us as a sweetener. Such as their 6th for our 7th now or switching a 4th next year for our 5th etc..

It becomes harder and harder to walk away from that type offer, it’s time to do right by Rodgers and put the monkey to bed. If they called me this minute and offered BOTH 2nd Rounders? I’d throw them a late 7th without them asking for it. It’s always a good gesture to get both parties to be happy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its getting closer. I don’t know about trading a player part, Elijah Moore would’ve had the best odds until today. I say that because the Jets are in a Win Now mode and aside from #13, I just don’t think any drafted player is going to be that dynamic to change their complexity in 2023. Now if they were looking to bring the family and friends plan to NY to make things comfortable for Aaron? Trading Moore does two things, it’s opens a spot for Cobb AND gives the Jets more draft firepower to firm up the trade.

I think when all is said and done at very minimum Jets will part with a 2nd Rounder + 4th Rounder minimum.

If I were a betting man?? I think this spells TWO 2nd Rounders, which is now splitting hairs to us demanding #13. I could see them also swapping a Day 3 selection with us as a sweetener. Such as their 6th for our 7th now or switching a 4th next year for our 5th etc..

It becomes harder and harder to walk away from that type offer, it’s time to do right by Rodgers and put the monkey to bed. If they called me this minute and offered BOTH 2nd Rounders? I’d throw them a late 7th without them asking for it. It’s always a good gesture to get both parties to be happy.

With Moore gone it makes even more sense now like I've said that Mims or Davis is the WR coming back in trade. Davis would have a reworked contract, while Mims is a very low risk rookie deal athletic WR that hasn't been what many thought he may be....essentially like a early Day 3 flyer level if you wanted to compare to a rookie.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NY Jets signed Mecole Hardman today to take-over Elijah Moore's role. Not sure if there's much room or need for Cobb, but we'll soon find out.

Reaction score
Are they letting Amos test the market while we figure out where we are headed with Rodgers contract $$??

Does anyone think we’ll sign Amos again IF the Rodgers deal is consummated? Or is it time to get frugal.

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are they letting Amos test the market while we figure out where we are headed with Rodgers contract $$??

Does anyone think we’ll sign Amos again IF the Rodgers deal is consummated? Or is it time to get frugal.
Amos is gone. According to Brandt, they are already on the hook for his 8 million due, meaning the time has passed the redo him they have no intention to resigning him

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure feels that way to me too. Hope he isn't black listed like Colin K. The good old boys club will eventually get caught and punished in the only way that they feel, in their pocket books.

Money is always their bottom line...once their reputation or public perception takes a hit, this is ONLY when any type of change will happen.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think it's possible the Packers are interested in bringing Amos back at a reasonable price. Rodgers not having been traded so far shouldn't have any impact on that decision though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We're quickly getting to the point where the remaining free agents (hundreds with experience) will become available at team friendly prices. Will be interesting to see which ones the Packers will make a play for especially after the draft when they won't affect compensatory selections in '24.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's possible the Packers are interested in bringing Amos back at a reasonable price. Rodgers not having been traded so far shouldn't have any impact on that decision though.
I doubt they can afford him at any price more than vet minimum. We'll see if he's still available in a few weeks and how much he'll lower his asking price.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify my earlier post. Amos contract voided in February, so nearly 8 million accelerated to this year's cap in dead money. It would seem very apparent that the Packers had already made their decision not to bring him back at that time.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
To clarify my earlier post. Amos contract voided in February, so nearly 8 million accelerated to this year's cap in dead money. It would seem very apparent that the Packers had already made their decision not to bring him back at that time.
Agree Not that it means he'll sign, it was reported that he had a visit with the Ravens yesterday.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like Amos is out there looking for another team though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's been very steady back there for us, last year seemed to be off from the year before. I suspect it will be off more moving forward. I think his big paydays are over. Might get one from someone out there this year but will likely be a cap casualty the next in my estimation.

I'd bring him back for a much lower price than he was getting, but I don't think it's likely.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if this was brought up but why not kick the tires on Hopkins? Maybe a 4 and a 7? Would be a great leader in the WR room for these kids.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I doubt they can afford him at any price more than vet minimum. We'll see if he's still available in a few weeks and how much he'll lower his asking price.

The Packers currently have more cap space than most other teams in the league. With safety being in dire need of an upgrade they could offer Amos a reasonable deal above the veteran minimum as well. I don't know if there's any interest to bring him back at all. In addition it seems he's currently asking for more money than any team is interested to offer him.

In my opinion it only shows they weren't interested in re-signing Amos to a similar deal he thought he would get in free agency. With him still being unsigned it's likely his asking price will have dropped by now.

Not sure if this was brought up but why not kick the tires on Hopkins? Maybe a 4 and a 7? Would be a great leader in the WR room for these kids.

I don't believe the Packers are in the market for a soon-to-be 31-year old wide receiver who will still make a ton of money.

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers currently have more cap space than most other teams in the league. With safety being in dire need of an upgrade they could offer Amos a reasonable deal above the veteran minimum as well. I don't know if there's any interest to bring him back at all. In addition it seems he's currently asking for more money than any team is interested to offer him.

In my opinion it only shows they weren't interested in re-signing Amos to a similar deal he thought he would get in free agency. With him still being unsigned it's likely his asking price will have dropped by now.

I don't believe the Packers are in the market for a soon-to-be 31-year old wide receiver who will still make a ton of money.
They have one of the most under the cap in the league. You said it yourself. At least now. When they didn’t, they signed at 39 year old, a diva QB to a ridiculous contract that ****** them financially more than they were and they were bad then…. I think they can kick tires on DHop, maybe not take on some of his contract in the trade or can restructure it and he can be a leader (probably more than 12 was) to that WR room.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have one of the most under the cap in the league. You said it yourself. At least now. When they didn’t, they signed at 39 year old, a diva QB to a ridiculous contract that ****** them financially more than they were and they were bad then…. I think they can kick tires on DHop, maybe not take on some of his contract in the trade or can restructure it and he can be a leader (probably more than 12 was) to that WR room.

You cannot plain on not paying the hit for a Rodgers trade however; that is happening.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As someone that has been complaining about not having enough talent in the WR/TE room, I think that the Packers current situation doesn't call for someone like Hopkins to be signed. Yes, they have dug themselves out of a cap hole, but much of that will be eaten if and when Rodgers is traded. Then you have more cans that were kicked down the road next season, that have to get paid off. All that coupled with a team that I don't see even making the playoffs, leads me to believe an old veteran, as talented as Hopkins is, shouldn't be considered, especially at what his contract calls for.

I would like to see the Packers use another relatively high pick (2nd or 3rd) on a WR and TE. Add those 2 to Watson, Doubs and Toure and see how things go. If they need a more savy Vet WR for 2024, there will always be some on the FA market. Which brings me to my final point, I wouldn't want to trade draft assets for Hopkins either, given all of the above.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was honestly pulling for a Nelson Agholar or TY Hilton type cheap signing to add to also an addition top 100 WR pick I think is incoming. A veteran WR that isn’t going to steal growth from the young ones yet provide solid presence and consistency could be massive for the growth of that room and our young QB.

Now isn’t the time to go grab a high profile WR IMO, wait and see if Love confirms what he is then do that type of move if necessary, otherwise build young talent around and if you must add do it in the trenches or desperate need places like possibly safety.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was honestly pulling for a Nelson Agholar or TY Hilton type cheap signing to add to also an addition top 100 WR pick I think is incoming. A veteran WR that isn’t going to steal growth from the young ones yet provide solid presence and consistency could be massive for the growth of that room and our young QB.

Now isn’t the time to go grab a high profile WR IMO, wait and see if Love confirms what he is then do that type of move if necessary, otherwise build young talent around and if you must add do it in the trenches or desperate need places like possibly safety.
SPOT ON!

The Packers need to get cap healthy in the next 2 years and then figure out their free agent needs. Would be silly to sign any expensive Free agents this year.

The good news for the Packers, unless I am missing someone, their 2024 list of players needing new contracts or they are gone, is long, but totally manageable, unless certain guys have over the top breakout seasons.

I assume Love's 5th year option will be picked up, thus, he isn't on the list. The list assumes that the Packers and Gary will agree to a long term contract during the season as well. I also think there are guys on this list that won't even make the 2023 roster.

• RB AJ Dillon
  • S Darnell Savage
  • OL Jon Runyan Jr.
  • DT Chris Slayton
  • TE Josiah Deguara
  • EDGE Jonathan Garvin
  • P Pat O’Donnell
  • RB Patrick Taylor
  • LB Justin Hollins
  • LB Ladarius Hamilton
  • CB Keisean Nixon
  • S Jonathan Ford
  • CB Corey Ballentine
  • S Tarvarius Moore
  • TE Tyler Davis
  • S Vernon Scott
  • T Caleb Jones
  • CB Innis Gaines
  • WR Bo Melton
  • QB Danny Etling
  • WR Jeff Cotton
  • TE Austin Allen
  • TE Nick Guggemos
  • OT Jean Delance

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't want to question Tyni since he does us all a favor with the track the roster thread but since he is on the above list I am going to ask. What is the status of Vernon Scott? Is he currently under contract? Is he finally healthy? I felt he was making strides before his injury.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts