2023 Free Agents around the league, news and signings.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Why do you people think teams are being honest when they say they have no interest in Lamar? It's the lying season.

Actions speak louder than words. Because words mean absolutely nothing at this time of year.

But Mike Florio and other hack morons need to troll for clicks.
It's called a conversation and trying to figure things out. I doubt anyone would bet the farm on most of the theories that are tossed out to try and explain certain things. However, some people, myself included, enjoy exploring the unknow and speculating as to what might happen or is happening. Pretty easy for people who don't like to do it, to just not don't click on it, but for some to consistently complain about others doing it, I just don't get it. If all you want are the cold hard facts, chances are you will eventually get most of them, just wait. Imagine this forum, if all people talked about were cold hard facts, pretty boring....IMO.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would disagree that the tag doesn't do anything for the Ravens. If no teams offer him a contract, he plays 1 year for $32M. Which is substantially lower than the money he was looking for. It also buys the Ravens a lot more time to negotiate or trade him. Letting him get to free agency, now that would have been pretty silly.

I highly doubt Lamar will play on the tag. I would fully expect him to hold out if he doesn't get a new contract.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Vikings have released Adam Thielen and are eating all of his $13m cap hit this season. Per these guys, Vikings are flushing their cap this season to be FA players next.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I read somewhere that Cousins might be on the market and that they have offers on Cook. Odd bunch, those Vikings. They win the division in 2022 and fold up like a wet paper tiger.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jeeesh.....now there are rumors that the Vikings may be parting ways with long time Viking and Pro Bowl safety Harrison Smith.

Yeah, I know that he just turned 34, but with the Packers need at S, I'd see how much he wants to play in Green Bay on a 2 year contract.

So to date, Vikings have cut or may cut the following:

1. Kendricks
2. Thielen
3. Dantzler

- Z-Dog wants out
- Cook and Cousins are rumored to be on the trading block
- Harrison rumored to be on chopping block.

WTF...didn't these guys just finish 13-4 and they are doing this? Cap hell can make teams do crazy things I guess.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah makes you wonder why they bothered winning so many games last year. What were they thinking?

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BLockbuster trade Rams-Dolphins... other teams making moves, Bears got a haul for #1 and Packers? well nothing to write home about at all. Not likely to hear anything and if you read the "experts tea leaves" AR trade to NYJ would not give them very much in return. No answers here, frustrating to go through a 2022 season, then off-season that points to a partial re-build with a new QB, no back-up and OL that is suspect, WR corps that still has ??? and a D that played up and down with CB, S and DL questionable. GB not really a player in FA due to cap issue and there do not seem to be any real solutions to how this team can get back to the top of the division. Frustrating but oh well, it is still only March

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BLockbuster trade Rams-Dolphins... other teams making moves, Bears got a haul for #1 and Packers? well nothing to write home about at all. Not likely to hear anything and if you read the "experts tea leaves" AR trade to NYJ would not give them very much in return. No answers here, frustrating to go through a 2022 season, then off-season that points to a partial re-build with a new QB, no back-up and OL that is suspect, WR corps that still has ??? and a D that played up and down with CB, S and DL questionable. GB not really a player in FA due to cap issue and there do not seem to be any real solutions to how this team can get back to the top of the division. Frustrating but oh well, it is still only March
Oh no! The experts tea leaves. Doomed I tell you, we are doomed. IMO.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Bears are signing star LB Tremaine Edmunds, 4-year, $72M deal, with $50M guaranteed

Da Bears also are signing G Nate Davis. Look out for Da Bears. Armed with a ton of draft picks and cap space, they may really improve.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Considering he was supposedly the "best" FA WR on the market, I guess the high bar for salary has been set. Will be interesting to see what Lazard gets.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering he was supposedly the "best" FA WR on the market, I guess the high bar for salary has been set. Will be interesting to see what Lazard gets.

Honestly some will argue higher ceiling, lower floor with not any more or less proven than Lazard - but that is a lot of guaranteed money to a guy percentage of contract wise.

MVS for example last year: $30M/3yrs/only $15M guaranteed. Basically 50%
Kirk: $72M/4yrs/$37M guaranteed or 51.3%
Gallup's was 46.9%
Cedric Wilson's was 57%

Jakobi's is 63.6%

I wouldn't be shocked if Lazard gets similar or more overall money but watch what is guaranteed is the kicker.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Honestly some will argue higher ceiling, lower floor with not any more or less proven than Lazard - but that is a lot of guaranteed money to a guy percentage of contract wise.
I can't pretend to know much about Jakobi, just that he was being talked about as the best WR in a very thin class of FA WR's. What I do know about Lazard is the he has had 1 of the best QB's in the game throwing to him and still has put up somewhat pedestrian numbers. I will say this though, for UDFA's, both of these guys have played well beyond expectations. I like Lazard, but not as a #1 or #2 WR or at too high of a price.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't pretend to know much about Jakobi, just that he was being talked about as the best WR in a very thin class of FA WR's. What I do know about Lazard is the he has had 1 of the best QB's in the game throwing to him and still has put up somewhat pedestrian numbers. I will say this though, for UDFA's, both of these guys have played well beyond expectations. I like Lazard, but not as a #1 or #2 WR or at too high of a price.

Neither him or Jakobi are/is getting WR1 money.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Neither him or Jakobi are/is getting WR1 money.
True, but as you put it, that is a lot of guaranteed money. It appears that a lot of guaranteed money is becoming the standard now for players and agents. I'm not a fan of it at all and I doubt owners and GM's are either. Players love it, since it can basically set them up for more than 1 lifetime of luxury. I totally get it, why not take it if it is there, but the game has become all about the money for both owners and players. No guarantees that players will be earning that money for future productivity, just guarantees that they will be paid like they provided it.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but as you put it, that is a lot of guaranteed money. It appears that a lot of guaranteed money is becoming the standard now for players and agents. I'm not a fan of it at all and I doubt owners and GM's are either. Players love it, since it can basically set them up for more than 1 lifetime of luxury. I totally get it, why not take it if it is there, but the game has become all about the money for both owners and players. No guarantees that players will be earning that money for future productivity, just guarantees that they will be paid like they provided it.
Think this is the kicker. Used to seem to be that yearly average was top priority, now it seems like guaranteed money is being viewed as just as important if not more so than average value...

So it's true that neither are getting "WR1 money" but I'd be pretty surprised if Lazard got anywhere near that amount guaranteed

Reaction score
Bisciotti's net worth is estimated to be $6.4 billion. You think he can't put $200M into escrow? That's less than a teams payroll.

As far as me jumping to collusion because I read it? Acutally, collusion was the first thing that popped into my head when I read about the tag and the now apparent lack of interest in him from some teams. Is that theory possibly incorrect because people either came up with it on their own or read it? Or is it incorrect because teams worth billions can't put $200M into escrow? I guess we will see.
You could take $200mil away from these owners and if that’s all you could do? they’d look at you like an annoying Gnat. The poorest NFL owner is worth just shy of 1Billion. Walton is worth about 60 Billion or 300X $200,000,000

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how much is guaranteed. IMO JU-JU is a bit better than Lazard. If you are one of those guys who likes to believe in the talking heads reports this is a surprise. Word on the street was KC planned on keeping their WR corp minus Hardman in tact.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how much is guaranteed. IMO JU-JU is a bit better than Lazard. If you are one of those guys who likes to believe in the talking heads reports this is a surprise. Word on the street was KC planned on keeping their WR corp minus Hardman in tact.

22.5 guaranteed

Members online