2023 Free Agents around the league, news and signings.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliot cut!! He'll land somewhere but probably 1/3 of his last contract. 27 yr old, high mileage runner. Buyer beware.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wonder how much is guaranteed. IMO JU-JU is a bit better than Lazard. If you are one of those guys who likes to believe in the talking heads reports this is a surprise. Word on the street was KC planned on keeping their WR corp minus Hardman in tact.

22.5 guaranteed

Actually according to several report Smith-Schuster received only $16 million guaranteed money.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Tarvarius Moore, S, 49ers visited Green Bay. No deal yet.

9.24 RAS guy coming out of Southern Miss in 2018. Special teams stalwart. Earned significant playing time on defense by 2020. Tore his Achilles and missed all of 2021. Came back in 2022 and had been supplanted on defense. Was still very good on ST.

Clever target imo. They need both starters and depth. If he’s only a ST/depth guy, that’s useful. But his past means there could be more to him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

9.24 RAS guy coming out of Southern Miss in 2018. Special teams stalwart. Earned significant playing time on defense by 2020. Tore his Achilles and missed all of 2021. Came back in 2022 and had been supplanted on defense. Was still very good on ST.

Clever target imo. They need both starters and depth. If he’s only a ST/depth guy, that’s useful. But his past means there could be more to him.

Absolutely the type to target for our situation.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
Actually according to several report Smith-Schuster received only $16 million guaranteed money.

In a race to be first the people that can loosely be called reporters always use the contract total but the truth is in the guaranteed money. It's basically a two year deal for $18M (Salary + Guaranteed) per Spotrac. Spotrac & OTC have not shown details for Lazard yet.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jalen Mills released, he played some safety for the Eagles and did so decently well…he could be a decent target depending on what it would take.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about offering S Ryan Neal 2.8 mill or so and see if Seattle matches it?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And boom we signed him!!!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today is the deadline for Franchise Tags. I doubt the Packers tag anyone.

Around the league, so far these are the tags.

- Commanders franchise tagged DT Daron Payne
- Cowboys franchise tagged RB Tony Pollard
- Raiders franchise tagged RB Josh Jacobs
- Jaguars franchise tagged TE Evan Engram

Will the Ravens tag Lamar Jackson and then let another team set the salary that the Ravens would have to meet?
Pollard is important to Dallas.

D

Deleted member 6794

In a race to be first the people that can loosely be called reporters always use the contract total but the truth is in the guaranteed money. It's basically a two year deal for $18M (Salary + Guaranteed) per Spotrac. Spotrac & OTC have not shown details for Lazard yet.

The Jets can move on from Lazard after two seasons as well with him having made a total of $22 million.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I do love having Aaron Jones, but sometimes I wonder if the Packers should have just stuck with Jamaal Williams and used the money saved elsewhere. AJ is definitely the better RB, but at a cost of around $8M-$9M more per year.

Good to see Williams get a decent deal with the Saints. He signed a 3 year, $12 million deal. He's coming off an incredible season in Detroit where he had 1,066 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns.

Williams described the offer he received from the Lions to stay in Detroit as "disrespectful".

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't get me wrong, I do love having Aaron Jones, but sometimes I wonder if the Packers should have just stuck with Jamaal Williams and used the money saved elsewhere. AJ is definitely the better RB, but at a cost of around $8M-$9M more per year.

Good to see Williams get a decent deal with the Saints. He signed a 3 year, $12 million deal. He's coming off an incredible season in Detroit where he had 1,066 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns.

Those numbers are a bit misleading as Williams had a lot of rushing attempts with 262 but averaged only 4.1 yards per attempt.

In addition 10 of his touchdowns came on runs from the 1-yard line with another three from two yards out.

He wouldn't be an adequate replacement for Jones though. I would have been fine with the Packers keeping him back in 2020 instead of using a second rounder on Dillon but the team decided to go with a younger, less expensive backup.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hope Jimmy G. wasn't looking forward to some hot wings and a beer at this Chicken Ranch. I think they might only serve thighs and breasts.

Here I always thought that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas? :eek:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Jimmy G. wasn't looking forward to some hot wings and a beer at this Chicken Ranch. I think they might only serve thighs and breasts.
Jimmy G is worth about $200mil & he gets offered freebies for life (without needing to get married!!). What about Joe average, who might appreciate it more? ;)

Members online

Latest posts