2023 Free Agents around the league, news and signings.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jimmy G is worth about $200mil & he gets offered freebies for life (without needing to get married!!). What about Joe average, who might appreciate it more? ;)
I tell ya, we get no respect!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bisciotti's net worth is estimated to be $6.4 billion. You think he can't put $200M into escrow? That's less than a teams payroll.

As far as me jumping to collusion because I read it? Acutally, collusion was the first thing that popped into my head when I read about the tag and the now apparent lack of interest in him from some teams. Is that theory possibly incorrect because people either came up with it on their own or read it? Or is it incorrect because teams worth billions can't put $200M into escrow? I guess we will see.
There may or may not be collusion involved, but I suspect that if Lamar was as desirable as he thinks he is, there would be a breaking of the ranks and Lamar would be getting his money.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I do love having Aaron Jones, but sometimes I wonder if the Packers should have just stuck with Jamaal Williams and used the money saved elsewhere. AJ is definitely the better RB, but at a cost of around $8M-$9M more per year.

Good to see Williams get a decent deal with the Saints. He signed a 3 year, $12 million deal. He's coming off an incredible season in Detroit where he had 1,066 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns.

Williams described the offer he received from the Lions to stay in Detroit as "disrespectful".

My personal take is that while J. Will is a dynamic personality...that passion can be a gift and a curse.

When things are good (winning), he's helpful to the locker room. However, on the flip side, he could be a distraction when losing.

"Moved on" from 2 different teams, J Will seems like he's following the "lovable journeyman" arc.

Aaron Jones is a leader and is a high level playmaker. With AR12 leaving, I would say he is defacto leader of the Packers.

He WILL make the ring of honor.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions will need to fill his shoes.
Did already... David Montgomery from the Bears. If their O-line continues to open holes Montgomery will have a better future in Detroit than in Chicago. He'll continue being a beast-after-contact and even better than Williams at the goal line. :(

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Did already... David Montgomery from the Bears. If their O-line continues to open holes Montgomery will have a better future in Detroit than in Chicago. He'll continue being a beast-after-contact and even better than Williams at the goal line. :(
I agree. I think Montgomery is a superior RB compared to Williams.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree DMont is the better back, just not sure I would use the word superior. IMO.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is correct, on teams being able to offer him a contract. That is, if any teams do. If that happens, the Ravens can match the offer and keep him or take 2 first round draft picks from that team and they get Lamar. Basically, they are letting other teams do their negotiating.

Now one would hope that the owners aren't colluding, but if you do a simple Google search on the topic, you will read some interesting conversation pertaining to the matter.

There IS absolute league wide collusion when it comes to Lamar Jackson...and not only does it involve team owners...it also includes NFL agents!!!

Lamar is not getting a fully guaranteed deal even though one could argue he should.

If indeed this happens, it would completely alter the agent/player dynamic.

He's already went on record stating his deal doesn't need to be fully covered.

Personally, I think Lamar should never suit up for the Ravens ever again.

Smart teams would be wise to wait til after the draft or even during the draft to make a move for Lamar.

Money tied up after free agency and slotted for draft picks could alter contract negotiations for the Ravens.

Embedded poison pills could deter the Ravens from matching prospective offers.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the truth of the matter is the most obvious one, he thinks he’s worth more than teams think he’s worth.

If I was a GM they’d be essentially 2 year contracts with an out and more modest guarantees than he’s likely looking for. No way I’d give him big up front money to spread out over 5-7 years.

The likelihood of him being there is small imo and without a very strong D and run game he’s not carrying a team. He’s not worth it anywhere near what he’s reportedly seeking.

Reaction score
I tell ya, we get no respect!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
If Rodgers = a 3rd Rounder and Conditional day 3 in 2025?
Jimmy G is worth a bottle of Listerine (just Travel Sized don’t get excited!)

My Son.. I tell ya… ohhh my Son..
I wish his Room was as clean as his Pot!

Jayzee1981

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Elijah Moore to Browns for a 2. I’m guessing we’ll get that 2 and theirs for Rodgers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jets sent their 74th pick and Moore to Browns for the 42nd

Could get both seconds for Rodgers as the this year picks. We will see.

Reaction score
Jets sent their 74th pick and Moore to Browns for the 42nd

Could get both seconds for Rodgers as the this year picks. We will see.
True.
Possibly needing those 2nd’s
Now getting ready to part with #13 straight up.

or for our 3rd rounder trade. I actually had a strange dream that we traded our 3rd Rounder to the Jets + Rodgers

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True.
Possibly needing those 2nd’s
Now getting ready to part with #13 either fee and clear
or for our 3rd rounder

Yeah I still firmly stand they are not coming off the 13th free and clear. We minimum would need to send a third back, but I fear a second possibly.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FTR most draft pick charts would say if the Jets sent both seconds they have now, thats the equivalent of a mid first round (17th pick according to most). That's first round value, but just not the first round pick.

Reaction score
FTR most draft pick charts would say if the Jets sent both seconds they have now, thats the equivalent of a mid first round (17th pick according to most). That's first round value, but just not the first round pick.
That’s actually a reasonable Avenue.

Either recoup their own 3rd Rounder
OR
We’d make them not look foolish and let them keep #13 to feel like they won

If they offered that in some capacity with no salary help? I’d wash his $40.3 sunk this year and get on to the draft.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Works for me! Packers would have picks 15, 42, 43 & 45 + 78 on days 1 & 2 to move all around the board to shore-up needy positions. I'd love it! NYJ can then say they won by keeping #13.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have those three seconds I LOVE our chances at leaving the second with one of our top 50 picks being a starting level OL, at minimum one TE if not two and a S or WR....oh man I love the thought...

Imagine say Broderick Jones in the first, Sydney Brown and like Musgrave/Washington or LaPorta and also say Xavier Hutchinson or a Trey Palmer before we even get into the third round....

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With only 6 picks this year I just do not see them making any deal where they go down to 4 picks. IMO.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
There IS absolute league wide collusion when it comes to Lamar Jackson...and not only does it involve team owners...it also includes NFL agents!!!

Sure feels that way to me too. Hope he isn't black listed like Colin K. The good old boys club will eventually get caught and punished in the only way that they feel, in their pocket books.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With only 6 picks this year I just do not see them making any deal where they go down to 4 picks. IMO.
Maybe Gute could unload the round 3 pick & a 7th for NYJ's 4th & Corey Davis? Adds a vet WR to the room AND removes the bust-probability of the 3rd round pick. ;)

Members online

Latest posts