2022 Draft Romeo Doubs #132

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew you weren't unhappy with you - I don't see how a reasonable person could be honestly considering all things.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I knew you weren't unhappy with you - I don't see how a reasonable person could be honestly considering all things.
A bit confusing, but if I interpret you correctly....I agree ;)

Doubs and Love have had some really nice completions so far. Their chemistry is pretty obvious. What the hope is (for Packer fans), is that Love can establish the same chemistry with Watson, while improving his (Love) own level of play as well. These are the growing pains of a very young/inexperienced group. As you and others have said, the ceiling for all 4 players (Love, Doubs, Watson, Reed) is a lot higher. As is it for Musgrave and Kraft.

The 2024 draft might be the first one in awhile where I say "I don't mind seeing the Packers go heavy on the OL in their first 3-5 picks."

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A bit confusing, but if I interpret you correctly....I agree ;)

Doubs and Love have had some really nice completions so far. Their chemistry is pretty obvious. What the hope is (for Packer fans), is that Love can establish the same chemistry with Watson, while improving his (Love) own level of play as well. These are the growing pains of a very young/inexperienced group. As you and others have said, the ceiling for all 4 players (Love, Doubs, Watson, Reed) is a lot higher. As is it for Musgrave and Kraft.

The 2024 draft might be the first one in awhile where I say "I don't mind seeing the Packers go heavy on the OL in their first 3-5 picks."

FTR, I really have a hard time not wanting to leave the first three rounds of 2023 draft with a OT and an iOL guy I believe may be starting ready. I don't want to push a OC drafted because Myers technically has next year on his rookie cheaper deal but there are some guys this year I REALLY like at center.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't want to push a OC drafted because Myers technically has next year on his rookie cheaper deal but there are some guys this year I REALLY like at center.
Yeah, I may have been wrong about Myers. I thought the talk about him not being very good was just talk. So far this year, he has been far from impressive.

Reaction score
Yeah, I may have been wrong about Myers. I thought the talk about him not being very good was just talk. So far this year, he has been far from impressive.
What’s scary is Myers played like the 2nd best OL last week. How bad must it be! Lol

Romeo is fantastic. Nothing against Christian, but so far in a draft redo right now I’d take Romeo Before Christian. My belief is if we paired Romeo with 1 more WR earlier in the upcoming draft that is similar talent level? Call it another top 50 area pick? We’d be exponentially better

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What’s scary is Myers played like the 2nd best OL last week. How bad must it be! Lol

Romeo is fantastic. Nothing against Christian, but so far in a draft redo right now I’d take Romeo Before Christian. My belief is if we paired Romeo with 1 more WR earlier in the upcoming draft that is similar talent level? Call it another top 50 area pick? We’d be exponentially better
Unfortunately, I think the Packers will have bigger needs in the 2024 draft. Plus, Watson needs some playing time. I think he's git what it takes, but not if he can't stay healthy! :(

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubs, a secondary, possession receiver. Watson, primary receiver. That's their roles. Over the course of a season, it's possible Doubs will get more passes thrown in his direction than Watson, assuming they play the same snaps, but his yardage and average should be significantly lower.

The fact is, even though Watson and Doubs are both WRs, they play different positions on the offense. It's actually the same situation as you have with offensive tackles. LT and RT are completely different, although somewhat a mirror image.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Doubs, a secondary, possession receiver. Watson, primary receiver. That's their roles. Over the course of a season, it's possible Doubs will get more passes thrown in his direction than Watson, assuming they play the same snaps, but his yardage and average should be significantly lower.

The fact is, even though Watson and Doubs are both WRs, they play different positions on the offense. It's actually the same situation as you have with offensive tackles. LT and RT are completely different, although somewhat a mirror image.
I like Doubs. Just needs to keep improving, including his blocking skills.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Doubs. Just needs to keep improving, including his blocking skills.
There are things in Doubs game that made me believe he was the real deal from the start. Watching him catch 50/50 balls last year, during the preseason, told me the guy had the will to win those battles. To me, that's exactly what you want in a possession receiver, and that's what they've got. I instantly thought of Jordy Nelson, and how he cut his teeth on wrestling the ball away from defenders, making big plays, that moved the chains. I think Doubs brings a lot of that to the table.

Will he be as good as Jordy? I can't say at this point, but from what I saw this past game, he made the possession catches for first downs, and was instrumental in keeping the chains moving. That's exactly what you want from the guy playing in his position.

No doubt, his blocking skills need to improve. I actually think they already have, compared to early last year. He's digging in a little deeper, and getting upward thrusts against taller, heavier, players, instead of trying to block them straight out. Big guys will knock you out of the way, if you don't use leverage to make those blocks.