2020 Packers first round pick: Jordan Love, QB

H

HardRightEdge

We can't say there were not warning signs there might be love for Love.

Packers traded their 1st. and 4th. rounders to move up.

Maybe they'll swap him to New England. :confused: Otherwise, we might find out in 2023 if he's any good.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This kinda feels like one of those moments when the answer is literally right in front of you, but you choose another answer for some reason.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute is going to have to hit on 4 of these 8 remaining picks to save this class. I don't know if he can do that. Mark Murphy better start drafting his resignation if we can't AT LEAST make it back to the NFCCG.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disaster pick. Gute just sent the franchise into nuclear winter. Talk about killing the locker room. The whole team knows Gute could care less about winning for the next three seasons. This is a rebuilding pick.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disaster pick. Gute just sent the franchise into nuclear winter. Talk about killing the locker room. The whole team knows Gute could care less about winning for the next three seasons. This is a rebuilding pick.
They are paying Rodgers a heck of a lot of money to be in rebuilding mode....

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the point we were picking there was literally in my mind only two way's I thought we could screw up so bad I couldn't to some degree get over it and those two where drafting a QB and drafting Kmet.
That was it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know that I agree with it being a rebuilding pick.

I know nothing of the kid really but if you think a qb is going to be great, it’s the most important position on the field. Hard to leave him there for your competition.

besides, this year is cancelled, Trade Rodgers next year for a couple firsts and it looks smart :)

I don’t know, just trying to make myself feel better about a trade up for a QB

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This pick is either Green Bay knowing they can trade Rodgers or Love for insane value next year (they'll give Love at least 1 year to learn from Rodgers), or Rodgers is planning an early retirement. I see no other reason why Love was not only drafted, but traded up to acquire.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This suggests that they don't see Rodgers playing the remainder of his career in Green Bay. Rodgers has been clear that he wants to play into his 40s, and you don't plan to leave a 1st round QB on the bench for six years.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we all have to think there maybe something going down in the QB room...
Now there sure as hell will be tension in that room if Rodgers doesn"t demand a trade which he should do since Gute is rebuilding and couldn't care less about winning. I thought picking Gary at 12 was a disaster. This is worse.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This also kind of reminds me when we picked King over Watts.

fix8ed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And with their first overall pick in the 2020 draft, the Green Bay Packers select........the waterboy.
Seriously, the kid likely has talent but for a team with a glaring inability to defend the run, and an even more glaring inability to convert 3rd downs....this was not the round for such a selection. Even the paid poltroons at the official GB website will have trouble spinning this one.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now there sure as hell will be tension in that room if Rodgers doesn"t demand a trade which he should do since Gute is rebuilding and couldn't care less about winning. I thought picking Gary at 12 was a disaster. This is worse.
That’s the thing ... they can’t Trade Rodgers... he knows it... they know it .... and 2 years from now, when they probably could..
half of Love’s rookie contract will be gone...

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn, I stayed the whole night up for... us drafting a QB.

But can‘t really judge now, all scouting reports say he‘s very gifted and need a place to learn for 2 years and he might end up being the best 2020 drafted QB. So if that works out and we‘ll get a 3rd HOF QB in a row, then everything done right. Time will tell.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love looked fantastic in 2018 and didnt play quite as well in 2019. Had a new coaching staff so maybe that explains it.

He has the potential to be an excellent player.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got out of bed with the wife to check that pick and now I'm just irritated. I dont know enough about Love to offer up any real analysis beyond that I think it was foolish to draft a pick with the team in this posture. Not when you need help both at OT, the skill positions and the middle of the defense. We could have waited another year or two to grab the QB of the future.

Then again maybe Gute doesnt expect us to start playing again until next year anyways.

As for Gute, I hope he knocks it out of the park with the rest of his draft and I hope his last two drafts start to show up more because frankly up to this point his drafting hasn't exactly been lights out.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they made this trade tomorrow with perhaps the Lions, I would get it. But it was not until the Lions tomorrow at 3 did I think another QB would be taken. Miami, Seattle, Ravens, KC, Titans, Bengals, Colts...none of them were going QB. 5th round option available tomorrow. But to trade up with no one ahead at the moment of thinking QB. I am sure teams would be inquiring to move up and make a move on him. But I just have a hardtime right now digesting this pick. There are so many more pressing needs glaring you in the face than a QB. Queen on the board. TJ Watt all over again.

Members online

Latest posts