2020 Dantés Draft Thread

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Given that I'm not shy about commenting on what other people put out there, I had better get my own ideas into a thread, so that people can line up and take their shots.

Disclaimer-- I do not have the time or resources to carefully watch hundreds of prospects. This year, I've watched a lot of tackles and wide receivers, as well as a handful of tight ends and linebackers. But I'm not going to pretend to have developed carefully crafted film grades on like 200 dudes. If I like a prospect based on the reports or metrics or watching a little bit here or there, I'll just say so.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
A mock scenario:

Let's say that the FA additions continue to trickle in, padding the depth on the roster. I would love something along the lines of Shelby Harris, Josh Bynes, and Tramon Williams.

As pick #30 comes up, the Colts call Gutekunst because they'd like to get into the back of round one to secure a developmental QB with a 5th year option. So the Packers move back from #30 to #34 and in return, swap picks with Indianapolis in the 3rd down (they move up from #94 to #75).

Pick #34: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
  • Extremely explosive (97th/98th% results in the jumps; ridiculous 1.48 10 yd split, tied with Rugg's for fastest at combine) on tape.
  • Route breaks reveal high level potential for a full tree runner, despite the simplicity of TCU's role for him.
  • Instant speed makes him a threat vertically or with the ball in his hands.
  • Built like a running back at 5'11" 206#; shows up as a weapon in the running/return game.
  • Plays the ball in the air like a big receiver.
  • Production limited by the worst QB play of any receiver in this class; PFF tracked a mere 31% of his targets as accurate passes (for reference-- Justin Jefferson's targets rated 69%).
  • Would add an instant YAC role to the offense, essential for what Petals wants to do; could grow within the context of that role into a more complete option.
  • Has struggled with focus drops at times and will do so on occasion at the next level.
  • Needs to work on his press release and his position on vertical targets.
Pick #62: Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
  • Fairly recent WR to CB convert with only two years at the position.
  • Plus athleticism and physicality for the position; has the demeanor to press and the ability to stay in phase.
  • Ball skills of a WR-- literally; INT's will come as he gets more comfortable at the position.
  • Stout run defender for the corner position.
  • Plays with a lot of confidence, which is nowhere more important than at corner.
  • Has a lot of honing to do in terms of footwork and positioning during the route.
  • Definitely a redshirt type of prospect.
  • Added ST value immediately.
Pick #75: Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut
  • "Freak" is thrown around way too much when talking about the draft, but Peart's length truly is freakish; near 37" arms (99th%).
  • Very easy mover on tape, be it in the run game or in mirroring edge rush.
  • Surprisingly adept at blocking on the move.
  • Does not yet know how to use his length; hand placement needs a lot of work.
  • Could use a year in an NFL strength and conditioning program.
  • Swing tackle in 2020 and starting RT in 2021.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know one never knows what will happen in the draft, but I'd be pretty surprised if Igb (CB) and Peart would be on the board in those slots.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I know one never knows what will happen in the draft, but I'd be pretty surprised if Igb (CB) and Peart would be on the board in those slots.

Both outside of Jeremiah's top 50 and prospects #71 and #112 for Zierlein by grade, for whatever that's worth.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both outside of Jeremiah's top 50 and prospects #71 and #112 for Zierlein by grade, for whatever that's worth.

That may be, but those positions tend to get drafted earlier than they should, especially when considering how raw those two are. Teams love "potential".

Etphonehomez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One player I'd really like to get in the mid rounds if he's there is RB AJ Dillon out of Boston College. He doesnt seem to be a natural pass catcher but has massive size to be a good compliment to Jones. Thunder and lightning.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A mock scenario:

Let's say that the FA additions continue to trickle in, padding the depth on the roster. I would love something along the lines of Shelby Harris, Josh Bynes, and Tramon Williams.

As pick #30 comes up, the Colts call Gutekunst because they'd like to get into the back of round one to secure a developmental QB with a 5th year option. So the Packers move back from #30 to #34 and in return, swap picks with Indianapolis in the 3rd down (they move up from #94 to #75).

Pick #34: Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU
  • Extremely explosive (97th/98th% results in the jumps; ridiculous 1.48 10 yd split, tied with Rugg's for fastest at combine) on tape.
  • Route breaks reveal high level potential for a full tree runner, despite the simplicity of TCU's role for him.
  • Instant speed makes him a threat vertically or with the ball in his hands.
  • Built like a running back at 5'11" 206#; shows up as a weapon in the running/return game.
  • Plays the ball in the air like a big receiver.
  • Production limited by the worst QB play of any receiver in this class; PFF tracked a mere 31% of his targets as accurate passes (for reference-- Justin Jefferson's targets rated 69%).
  • Would add an instant YAC role to the offense, essential for what Petals wants to do; could grow within the context of that role into a more complete option.
  • Has struggled with focus drops at times and will do so on occasion at the next level.
  • Needs to work on his press release and his position on vertical targets.
Pick #62: Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn
  • Fairly recent WR to CB convert with only two years at the position.
  • Plus athleticism and physicality for the position; has the demeanor to press and the ability to stay in phase.
  • Ball skills of a WR-- literally; INT's will come as he gets more comfortable at the position.
  • Stout run defender for the corner position.
  • Plays with a lot of confidence, which is nowhere more important than at corner.
  • Has a lot of honing to do in terms of footwork and positioning during the route.
  • Definitely a redshirt type of prospect.
  • Added ST value immediately.
Pick #75: Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut
  • "Freak" is thrown around way too much when talking about the draft, but Peart's length truly is freakish; near 37" arms (99th%).
  • Very easy mover on tape, be it in the run game or in mirroring edge rush.
  • Surprisingly adept at blocking on the move.
  • Does not yet know how to use his length; hand placement needs a lot of work.
  • Could use a year in an NFL strength and conditioning program.
  • Swing tackle in 2020 and starting RT in 2021.
Absolutely fine with this draft.

I have a tough time doing a mock and not putting Reagor in the first. My current rough draft has Reagor at 1 and Peart in the 2nd. Looking for a CB who makes sense in the 3rd, but maybe I will redo the whole thing, just to be different.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I decided to do a mock of the first round, just to get an idea of who might realistically be available to the Packers and think through what teams might be targeting post-FA.
  1. CIN: J. Burrow, QB, LSU- Bengals hold serve and take the guy everyone is expecting.
  2. MIA: T. Tagovailoa, QB, AL- Dolphins give WAS #5 and #18 for the rights to their new QB.
  3. DET: J. Okudah, CB, OSU- Lions shock everyone by passing on Young for the corner.
  4. NYG: C. Young, ED, OSU- Giants are pleased to have Young fall in their lap.
  5. WAS: M. Becton, OT, LOU- Redskins replace the dissatisfied Williams with a new LT.
  6. LAC: A. Thomas, OT, UGA- Chargers hold serve at QB (more later) and take their new LT.
  7. CAR: I Simmons, LB/S, CAR- Panthers scoop up versatile 2nd/3rd level defender.
  8. ARI: J. Wills, OT, AL- Cards secure their offensive line with a guy who already plays RT.
  9. JAC: D. Brown, iDL, AUB- Jags suddenly cleaned out on the DL find a plug and play option.
  10. CLE: T. Wirfs, OT, IA- Unless this is the Trent Williams destination, Browns need another tackle.
  11. NYJ: C. Lamb, WR, OK- Having just signed a burner, the Jets opt for the more complete receiver.
  12. LV: J. Jeudy, WR, AL- Gruden can't resist the finest route runner in the draft class.
  13. SF: H. Ruggs, WR, AL- Shanahan lands the human torch to continue layering onto his offense.
  14. TB: J. Kinlaw, iDL, SC- The Bucs are stout up front with Vea, but lack play-making ability on the DL.
  15. MIN: C. Henderson, CB, FLA- Desperate for corner help, Minny jumps ahead of ATL for their guy.
  16. NE: J. Herbert, QB, OR- Pats make their move for Herbert to get ahead of WAS, LV, and JAC.
  17. DAL: K. Chaisson, ED, LSU- Light on edge rush, Dallas scoops up one of the few upside guys in class.
  18. WAS: P. Queen, LB, LSU- Rivera gets his 3 down linebacker to build around on defense.
  19. LV: A. Terrell, CB, CLEM- Mayock goes back to the Clemson Tiger well for some more corner help.
  20. JAC: J. Love, QB, USU- Jags select the development needy Love to work on behind the Minsh.
  21. PHI: J. Jefferson, WR, LSU- Eagles pick up a sure handed option to replace butterfingers Agholor.
  22. DEN: K. Murray, LB, OK- Surprisingly short at LB, Denver opts to wait on a wide receiver.
  23. ATL: J. Johnson, CB, UTAH- Super thin at CB, Falcons nab a good one after moving down.
  24. NO: B. Aiyuk, WR, ASU- Saints continue adding to the offense with this YAC element.
  25. MIN: Y. Gros-Matos, ED, PSU- Desperate for DE help, Vikes pick up the versatile Gros-Matos.
  26. MIA: A. Jackson, OT, USC- Dolphins absolutely must upgrade pass pro around their new QB.
  27. SEA: J. Jones, OT, HOU- Hawks opt for a tackle with questionable options on the right side.
  28. BAL: D. Swift, RB, UGA- With Ingram at 30, Ravens snag a great one for now and later.
  29. TEN: I. Wilson, OT, UGA- Titans find their Jack Conklin replacement in mammoth Wilson.
  30. LAC: J. Hurts, QB, AL- Chargers reveal their plan: to copy-cat Baltimore with Hurts and Taylor.
  31. SF: T. Diggs, CB, AL- Niners give Saleh the type of CB he craves to be successor to Sherman.
  32. KC: C. Ruiz, iOL, UM- OL needy Chiefs grab a top interior guy before a shallow class runs out.
So in this scenario, the Packers have moved down to #37, meaning they'd be guaranteed one of their top five remaining. That list could include guys like:
  • Denzel Mims, WR
  • Jalen Reagor, WR
  • Laviska Shenault, WR
  • Michael Pittman Jr, WR
  • Tee Higgins, WR
  • Ezra Cleveland, OT
  • Lucas Niang, OT
  • Ross Blacklock, iDL
  • Jordan Elliott, iDL
  • Jeremy Chinn, S/LB
  • Xavier McKinney, S
  • Zack Baun, LB
  • Kristian Fulton, CB
  • Jeff Gladney, CB
  • Cole Kmet, TE
For myself, I'd be rooting for a WR-- Mims or Reagor.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Clusters:

#30:

• J. Reagor, WR, TCU
  • B. Aiyuk, WR, ASU
  • J. Jones, OT, HOU
  • J. Johnson, CB, UTAH
  • A. Terrell, CB, CLEM
  • J. Chinn, LB/S, SIU
#62:
  • M. Pittman, WR, USC
  • L. Niang, OT, TCU
  • M. Peart,OT, UCONN
  • N. Igbinoghene, CB, AUB
  • M. Harrison, LB, OSU
  • R. Davis, iDL, AL
#94:
  • V. Jefferson, WR, FLA
  • B. Edwards, WR, SC
  • A. Taylor, OT, SCS
  • T. Pride, CB, ND
  • A. Robertson, CB, LAT
  • L. Wilson, LB, WYO
  • J. Brooks, LB, TTU
  • A. Trautman, TE, DAY
  • H. Bryant, TE, FAU
#136:
  • A. Gibson, WR/RB, MEM
  • J. Reed, WR/RB, UVA
  • J. Driscoll, OL, AUB
  • D. Jackson, CB, PITT
  • T. Dye, LB, OR
  • L. Fotu, iDL, UTAH
  • D. Asiasi, TE, UCLA
  • D. Evans, RB, APP
  • N. Harris, C, UW
  • D. Tuszka, ED, NDSU
  • J. Metellus, S/LB
#175:
  • K. Lipscomb, WR, VAN
  • F. Swain, WR, FLA
  • C. Heck, OT, UNC
  • K. Vildor, CB, GSU
  • S. Thomas-Oliver, CB, FIU
  • J. Strnad, LB, WF
  • E. Weaver, LB, CAL
  • D. Hamilton, iDL, OSU
  • D. Keene, HB, VTU
  • D. Dallas, RB, MIA
  • C. Cabral, C, ASU
  • A. Anchrum, iOL, CLEM
  • T. Galeia, ED, USU
6th Rd:
  • I. Coulter, WR, RI
  • J. Scott, CB, MSU
  • S. Quarterman, LB, MIA
  • J. Penisini, iDL, UTAH
  • J. Deguara, HB, CIN
  • C. Woerner, TE, UGA
  • J. Hasty, RB, BAY
  • D. Pinter, OL, BALL
  • C. Coughlin, ED, MIN
7th Rd:
  • C. Finke, WR, ND
  • N. Clarke, S, UCF
  • M. Wilcox, TE, USF
  • J. Robinson, RB, ILLST
  • S. Harris, LB, ARK
  • J. Morgan, QB, FAU

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clusters:

#30:

• J. Reagor, WR, TCU
  • B. Aiyuk, WR, ASU
  • J. Jones, OT, HOU
  • J. Johnson, CB, UTAH
  • A. Terrell, CB, CLEM
  • J. Chinn, LB/S, SIU
#62:
  • M. Pittman, WR, USC
  • L. Niang, OT, TCU
  • M. Peart,OT, UCONN
  • N. Igbinoghene, CB, AUB
  • M. Harrison, LB, OSU
  • R. Davis, iDL, AL
#94:
  • V. Jefferson, WR, FLA
  • B. Edwards, WR, SC
  • A. Taylor, OT, SCS
  • T. Pride, CB, ND
  • A. Robertson, CB, LAT
  • L. Wilson, LB, WYO
  • J. Brooks, LB, TTU
  • A. Trautman, TE, DAY
  • H. Bryant, TE, FAU
#136:
  • A. Gibson, WR/RB, MEM
  • J. Reed, WR/RB, UVA
  • J. Driscoll, OL, AUB
  • D. Jackson, CB, PITT
  • T. Dye, LB, OR
  • L. Fotu, iDL, UTAH
  • D. Asiasi, TE, UCLA
  • D. Evans, RB, APP
  • N. Harris, C, UW
  • D. Tuszka, ED, NDSU
  • J. Metellus, S/LB
#175:
  • K. Lipscomb, WR, VAN
  • F. Swain, WR, FLA
  • C. Heck, OT, UNC
  • K. Vildor, CB, GSU
  • S. Thomas-Oliver, CB, FIU
  • J. Strnad, LB, WF
  • E. Weaver, LB, CAL
  • D. Hamilton, iDL, OSU
  • D. Keene, HB, VTU
  • D. Dallas, RB, MIA
  • C. Cabral, C, ASU
  • A. Anchrum, iOL, CLEM
  • T. Galeia, ED, USU
6th Rd:
  • I. Coulter, WR, RI
  • J. Scott, CB, MSU
  • S. Quarterman, LB, MIA
  • J. Penisini, iDL, UTAH
  • J. Deguara, HB, CIN
  • C. Woerner, TE, UGA
  • J. Hasty, RB, BAY
  • D. Pinter, OL, BALL
  • C. Coughlin, ED, MIN
7th Rd:
  • C. Finke, WR, ND
  • N. Clarke, S, UCF
  • M. Wilcox, TE, USF
  • J. Robinson, RB, ILLST
  • S. Harris, LB, ARK
  • J. Morgan, QB, FAU

Like it and really only glaring thing I see is how low you think Morgan QB will go. I truly believe he goes 4th/5th latest. Beyond the clear Tier 2 favorites of likes of Fromm, Hurts and such he is the leading pro arm ready QB.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Alright, I'll take a swing at 7 rounds.

Trade: Packers trade #30 to the Chargers for #37, #112, and #151.

#37: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah: The Packers have no depth at corner and are one off-season away from Alexander being literally the only proven guy at the position on the roster. It would be wise (and most likely financially necessary) to replace King. There is a block of skilled man cover corners with size who I would love to add, including Johnson, A.J. Terrell, and Kristian Fulton. Johnson in particular is a really strong press player who plays with great confidence. Alternatives: A.J. Terrell (CB), Kristian Fulton (CB), Jalen Reagor (WR), Brandon Aiyuk (WR).

#62: Michael Pittman, WR, USC: If the Packers don't pick a WR with their first pick, then it's going to be a long wait for #62, but I am pretty confident that a good player will be there. But because of how many candidates there are at this position, and how long the wait would be, it's really hard to project who might end up being the player to make it. In this scenario, I have Michael Pittman-- an impressive size/athleticism combination who wins in multiple ways. He can play in a few different roles, but long term he would be an X receiver for the outside. Alternatives: Laviska Shenault (WR), Damon Arnette (CB), Malik Harrison (LB), Lucas Niang (OT)

#94: Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming: With Kirksey in house, there is a need for a player who can play a role next to him, as well as be his heir apparent as soon as 2021. Wilson is a pretty good athlete for the position who demonstrated a three down skill set, at least at the MWC level. Alternatives: Jordan Brooks (LB), Troy Pride (CB), Bryan Edwards (WR), Alex Taylor (OT)

Trade: Packers trade #112 and #151 for pick #100

#100: Alex Taylor, OT, South Carolina State: With Rick Wagner in house, the need for a starting RT isn't immediate, but depth and the future are both serious concerns. Taylor is coming up from the FCS level and needs to add mass to his frame, but he has a freakish combination of length and athleticism, and isn't as raw as some might imagine.

#136: Devin Duvernay, WR, Texas: I'd love to see the Packers double dip at WR relatively high to take advantage of the depth in this class. With the outside receiver addressed earlier, I would look for someone to work in the slot here, specifically as a YAC threat. Duvernay has great speed and is built like a RB, to run powerfully through contact. He would be a great screen weapon.

#175: Dalton Keene, TE/HB, Virginia Tech: Assuming that Petals wants to continue using a lead blocker on occasion (a safe assumption given how much he played Vitale last year), then we should expect to see a HB/FB come off the board at some point. Keene is a favorite of mine with his ability to lead block and catch the ball out of the backfield.

#192: Danny Pinter, iOL, Ball State: Pinter is an undersized, smaller school tackle who lacks the length to stick at that position in the pros. It's unclear at this point if he projects to center, guard, or both, but he has some intriguing athletic tools to work with.

#208: Carter Coughlin, ED, Minnesota: Coughlin is an undersized edge rusher with skills to drop and fill some off-ball responsibilities. However, he's severely undersized. He would be a full time special teamer with the potential to carve out a role on defense in time, doing some of the things that Fackrell was doing.

#209: Jamycal Hasty, RB, Baylor: In addition to having a back with the name "Hasty," which would be fun, I think this Baylor product is a good zone runner with good receiving skills.

#236: Kamren Curl, S, Arkansas: Curl would profile as a ST'er and a backup SS to Adrian Amos.

#242: Sean McKeon, TE, Michigan: McKeon has the frame, experience, and willingness of an in-line blocking Y tight end, but he needs at least one redshirt year to add to his frame before he's ready to deal with the NFL level.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love it, no unrealistic reaches and a few guys not a ton will know but should be aware at their respective areas in the draft.

I wasn't a Duvernay guy, but the more I watch the more I also feel he fits the bill for GB and honestly AT WORST is capable of being the new MVS for us as the kid can fly and I think his drafting would spell the end of MVS. However, Duvernay excels in grit and YAC as you stated where I don't see it in MVS...he also has better route capabilities than some would argue MVS has even a few years into the league. I love MVS, but if Duvernay comes in, I fully expect MVS will be somewhere else in 2020 eventually.

Alex Taylor is a guy if someone studies and watches will see amazing potential out of. I think he is a little unpredictable predicting where he goes due to this....could see a team love that enough to go early 3rd or he could be sitting there tail end of 4th/early 5th

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Love it, no unrealistic reaches and a few guys not a ton will know but should be aware at their respective areas in the draft.

I wasn't a Duvernay guy, but the more I watch the more I also feel he fits the bill for GB and honestly AT WORST is capable of being the new MVS for us as the kid can fly and I think he draft would spell the end of MVS. However, Duvernay excels in grit and YAC as you stated where I don't see it in MVS...he also has better route capabilities than some would argue MVS has even a few years into the league. I love MVS, but if Duvernay comes in, I fully expect MVS will be somewhere else in 2020 eventually.

Alex Taylor is a guy if someone studies and watches will see amazing potential out of. I think he is a little unpredictable predicting where he goes do to this....could see a team love that enough to go early 3rd or he could be sitting there tail end of 4th/early 5th

I'd love to see the Packers double dip at WR with one more traditional outside WR (Mims, Pittman, Edwards, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Davis) and one guy with YAC skills (Aiyuk, Reagor, Gibson, Duvernay, Reed).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do wonder who did you choose Pinter over as far as iOL go at that pick in the draft...I'm just curious if you personally have the likes of the following there as well and what you like in Pinter over them:

Jake Hanson
Darryl Wiliams
Tremayne Anchrum
Gage Cervenka

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see the Packers double dip at WR with one more traditional outside WR (Mims, Pittman, Edwards, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Davis) and one guy with YAC skills (Aiyuk, Reagor, Gibson, Duvernay, Reed).

I envision a double dip as well...but I think it will be in that 5th or 6th rounder and it might be someone that doesn't quite fit the normalacy of GB picks...I kinda envision us dipping into the shorter shiftier type which is atypical as you know for GB. Me, I'm more in your camp of thought with your lists.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I do wonder who did you choose Pinter over as far as iOL go at that pick in the draft...I'm just curious if you personally have the likes of the following there as well and what you like in Pinter over them:

Jake Hanson
Darryl Wiliams
Tremayne Anchrum
Gage Cervenka

I have not (and won't) study all the late round offensive linemen. I chose Pinter because he profiles as a Packer in terms of size, athleticism, and tackle experience. His profile reminds me of J.C. Tretter.

I like Anchrum for many of the same reasons, but he's pretty short to be a GB selection (if they stick to type). I don't really know much about the other guys other than what Zierlein has to say.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not (and won't) study all the late round offensive linemen. I chose Pinter because he profiles as a Packer in terms of size, athleticism, and tackle experience. His profile reminds me of J.C. Tretter.

I like Anchrum for many of the same reasons, but he's pretty short to be a GB selection (if they stick to type). I don't really know much about the other guys other than what Zierlein has to say.

Gotcha. Cervenka passes my eye test in tape and games I watched him at Clemson. 6'3' 325lbs size wise he fits our tendencies. He is quick, but his footwork needs refinement if that makes sense. Started in 2018 for Dabo and has played Guard and Center. His strength is huge, setting a Clemson record with 44 bench reps in sumemr of 19'.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alright, I'll take a swing at 7 rounds.....

I just noticed something, no iDL....this mildly shocked me? Is this just the way it fell for you or are you more comfortable than the public opinion that we are short changed there?

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I just noticed something, no iDL....this mildly shocked me? Is this just the way it fell for you or are you more comfortable than the public opinion that we are short changed there?

I'm not very impressed with this class at iDL.

Furthermore, I think there are some still some run down specialists out there who could be signed.

The Packers are a two iDL defense. Clark mans one spot, and Lowry will continue to see work on early downs. On passing downs, Za'Darius is going to play inside quite a bit. So I can't see investing serious resources in a 3T when there isn't much of a runway to playing time.

A plugger, like Fotu who we were talking about in the other thread, or Penisini, or someone like that would not surprise me and I wouldn't object. But I also think they could just as easily sign someone like Harrison or Jenkins and get them in rotation and be fine.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Some details I'm gleaning from Dane Brugler's draft guide that dropped today:
  • Jaylon Johnson has had extensive shoulder surgeries. I think Amish mentioned this already, but that's a red flag.
  • Kristian Fulton was suspended for a full season in 2017 for falsifying a drug test.
  • Damon Arnette will be a 24 yo rookie.
  • Van Jefferson, James Proche, and John Hightower are receivers who will be 24 yo rookies.
  • Logan Wilson will be a 24 yo rookie at linebacker.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I've created something of a big board that combines the players that I personally like and the tendencies that the Packers have demonstrated in the past. Players that would be exceptions to their "rules" are noted in bold. These are guys that I believe would be worth going off-type for.

Wide Receiver:
  • M. Pittman, USC (1st/2nd)
  • D. Mims, Baylor (1st/2nd)
  • J. Reagor, TCU (1st/2nd)
  • B. Aiyuk, ASU (1st/2nd)
  • B. Edwards, SC (2nd/3rd)
  • A. Gibson, MEM (2nd/3rd)
  • D. Duvernay, UT (3rd/4th)
  • V. Jefferson, FLA (3rd/4th)
  • J. Reed, UVA (4th)
  • G. Davis, UCF (4th)
  • J. Hightower, BSU (5th/6th)