2019 UDFA NEWS and Signings

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at these guys backgrounds:

You mean to tell me Arkansas couldn't find ANYBODY to play DL? Ramsey had no business in the SEC playing DL at 238. I hope he has some natural instincts or he won't make it far.

I'm assuming Roberts is playing OLB as he only works as a DE in a even front. Gute seems very serious about finding somebody to play behind Fackrell.

Like Hamilton, I think. If he had to go against AJ Brown and DK Metcalf every day in practice, he ought to be "kinda good" at least.

Nijman seems like Bulaga Lite with all those injuries.

Why wouldn't Ento find another team where he could be a WR? The hardest thing for me personally was transitioning from WR to FS to CB at the Developmental League level. I can only imagine the uphill battle he faces in the NFL.

Bolton will make it, I've already called it.

Koppenhaver - Old Lewis Lite. He won't make it.

Williams - Bulaga Lite Two. We can't find anybody who can hold up?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean to tell me Arkansas couldn't find ANYBODY to play DL? Ramsey had no business in the SEC playing DL at 238. I hope he has some natural instincts or he won't make it far.

I live just north of the U of A, and the easy answer is that, last year, they couldn't find anybody to play anywhere.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live just north of the U of A, and the easy answer is that, last year, they couldn't find anybody to play anywhere.

Fair enough, I mean it IS Arkansas. But I've personally driven by the campus and it looks beautiful! I mean even if they had to get some 2 or 1 star guys, somebody! But if Ramsey played DL his entire 4-5 years there, his development is essentially trash.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If Cole Tracy can't handle kickoff duties in the NFL even with the ball now moved up, then he must really have a weak leg (by pro standards of course... I'm sure he could kick me in half).

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all people why him? He ran 4.83 at the Combine and plays undisciplined, which means if he gets beat the ball is going to the house. We have linebackers and a fullback who would blow right by him. Surely there were other options. I can't see him being anything else but a box safety.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all people why him? He ran 4.83 at the Combine and plays undisciplined, which means if he gets beat the ball is going to the house. We have linebackers and a fullback who would blow right by him. Surely there were other options. I can't see him being anything else but a box safety.

1) He is a box safety. Maybe they'll even use him as a sub package LB.

2) He's here in GB as a tryout player. That's a step lower than an UDFA. They could bring you in as a tryout player and I would not care.

Reaction score
Is free agency players harder to coach compared to players selected in the draft?

It's possible some FA players have attitude problems and have caused trouble in the pass,
preventing them from being drafted

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is free agency players harder to coach compared to players selected in the draft?

It's possible some FA players have attitude problems and have caused trouble in the pass,
preventing them from being drafted

Unless the talent is just too good to pass up, I'd say that goes without saying that players considered uncoachable would not be signed by teams. Some people might think Aaron Rodgers is uncoachable given his ego, but again he's considered the best QB in the league.

But in most cases, players who go undrafted simply are seen as not developmental or long shots at best to making an NFL roster. It also depends on the year a player declares as well. A marginal player may have a better chance of being selected if his overall position class is weak and teams still need to address said position, versus the same player in a class where the talent is deep and/or high end.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Why are Lazard and Coleman at the orientation?

7 OL,7 WRs, and 8 LBs....if one thing is clear those 3 positions will most likely be the first 3 picks for us in the 2020 Draft.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

7 OL,7 WRs, and 8 LBs....if one thing is clear those 3 positions will most likely be the first 3 picks for us in the 2020 Draft.
IDK the math but I'm guessing they're considered ''rookies" by the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

But if Ramsey played DL his entire 4-5 years there, his development is essentially trash.

Ramsey didn't solely play on the defensive line at Arkansas.

Bell was invited as a tryout to rookie camp. He's a long shot to even make it on the 90 men offseason roster. There's no reason to complain about it.

It's possible some FA players have attitude problems and have caused trouble in the pass, preventing them from being drafted

While that might be an issue for some undrafted free agents most of them just weren't talented enough to be drafted.

Neither Lazard nor Coleman have an accrued NFL season. Therefore they're allowed to participate in the team's rookie camp.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lazard, who the Packers snagged off the Jaguars PS in December, looks like he has bulked up. He is the body type that Gute seems to love at WR. 6'5" 230ish. Probably a long shot due to his lack of speed, but the film on him, as it is with most that finally make it to the big leagues, is impressive.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/allen-lazard?id=32462018-0002-5598-54b7-82a438b6b248

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
LOL on this News......Everyone still want to jettison Crosby?

The #Bears have eight kickers in for rookie minicamp. With the entire team looking on, each kicker had one attempt from 43 yards out, which is the length of Cody Parkey’s miss from last season. The kickers went 2-for-8.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the major point is that folks want to see some competition for Mason. Secondarily, since his overall record isn't all that great, people would like to see an adequate kicker at a cheaper price. Assuming there is something to be gained from evaluating one kick, how did the two that made it do later?

Reaction score
I think the major point is that folks want to see some competition for Mason. Secondarily, since his overall record isn't all that great, people would like to see an adequate kicker at a cheaper price. Assuming there is something to be gained from evaluating one kick, how did the two that made it do later?

That position has to be the worst.
Imagine your only job is kicking accurate footballs 40-50 yards and sometimes in windy 5 above 0.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Oh I think the Packers definitely want to give Mason some competition and it is apparent that it is the plan. If they find a cheaper guy that can do the same or better, awesome! Maybe the Bears are unusual, but they seem to have been searching for a quality kicker ever since they inexplicably cut Robbie Gould. Even the Vikings have had issues finding a reliable kicker. Packers and Lions (Prater) are the only 2 teams in the North that seem content with their Kickers.

Latest posts