2019 UDFA NEWS and Signings

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much makes Moore the odd man out, unless he can fix his stone hands. Kumerow is faster and more polished too. Gute did him a big favor by not taking a WR in the Draft, but he did pick up a couple UDFAs although one I understand is flipping to CB.

Off topic BOLD analysis: NFL Front Offices CAN be superstitious, for a multitude of reasons. Many people are wondering why Emanuel Hall went undrafted. He is a faster version of J'Mon Moore without the route running skills. Evaluators saw what Moore did going from Drew Lock to Aaron Rodgers, and formed opinions. Although Hall eventually signed with the rival Bears, I'm quite curious as to how his preseason will shake out. Moore could be on his way to Chicago himself or Denver if Lock or Hall vouches for him.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Pretty much makes Moore the odd man out, unless he can fix his stone hands. Kumerow is faster and more polished too. Gute did him a big favor by not taking a WR in the Draft, but he did pick up a couple UDFAs although one I understand is flipping to CB.

Off topic BOLD analysis: NFL Front Offices CAN be superstitious, for a multitude of reasons. Many people are wondering why Emanuel Hall went undrafted. He is a faster version of J'Mon Moore without the route running skills. Evaluators saw what Moore did going from Drew Lock to Aaron Rodgers, and formed opinions. Although Hall eventually signed with the rival Bears, I'm quite curious as to how his preseason will shake out. Moore could be on his way to Chicago himself or Denver if Lock or Hall vouches for him.

Based on what I saw last offseason, Moore is a significantly better route runner. Long speed would be about the only thing Kumerow has on him, athletically.

If Moore can catch, it's his job. And I think he would make a surprising impact.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Tell that to Patrick Peterson, Tarik Cohen, or Desmond King

Cohen and King have not been full time players to this point.

Savage is currently the only FS on the roster. And he's slight to begin with. I would not expose him to injury risk on PR duty.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on what I saw last offseason, Moore is a significantly better route runner. Long speed would be about the only thing Kumerow has on him, athletically.

If Moore can catch, it's his job. And I think he would make a surprising impact.

Let me reword my statement. Kumerow seems to have a better "feel" it's hard to really quantify it, but Kumerow has been in the NFL longer so it's not necessarily surprising. Kumerow didn't play until December due to injuries, and in all but 1 of his 5 appearances he registered a catch(8 for 11 or 72%) with even 1 TD. Meanwhile Moore appeared in 12 games and only got 2 for 3.

Now obviously there can be a lot that plays into those stats game-to-game. But I'm of the perspective, "If I send you out there, you better do something". I'd rather send Kumerow than Moore, and I don't expect him to change that honestly.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Let me reword my statement. Kumerow seems to have a better "feel" it's hard to really quantify it, but Kumerow has been in the NFL longer so it's not necessarily surprising. Kumerow didn't play until December due to injuries, and in all but 1 of his 5 appearances he registered a catch(8 for 11 or 72%) with even 1 TD. Meanwhile Moore appeared in 12 games and only got 2 for 3.

Now obviously there can be a lot that plays into those stats game-to-game. But I'm of the perspective, "If I send you out there, you better do something". I'd rather send Kumerow than Moore, and I don't expect him to change that honestly.

I mean, yeah... we are comparing a 23 year old entering his second season to a 27 year old entering his fifth.

I agree that Kumerow will be waiting in the wings if Moore still can't catch the ball. However, if Moore gets that under control, I don't expect this to be much of a competition.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lane Taylor was an UDFA. Quite a few others, but "significant" is hard to define, especially if you try to factor in what they may or may not have done on special teams.

Most recent UDFA signings that seemed to do something:
  • G Lane Taylor
  • CB LaDarius Gunter
  • LB Joe Thomas
  • S Kentrell Brice
  • WR Geronimo Allison
  • OL Don Barclay
  • LB Jayrone Elliott
  • TE Justin Perillo
  • DT Mike Pennel
  • CB Sam Shields
  • RB Don Jackson
  • S Marwin Evans
  • FB Joe Kerridge
  • DT Brian Price
  • CB Josh Hawkins
  • CB Makinton Dorleant
  • S Chris Banjo

As you say, it's subjective. "Do something" vice "significant", to me, means guys that would have been hard to replace, either in terms of longevity or of a career year for us (like many of those on the '10 team). To be honest, I think I really am thinking more in terms of the practice squad, but both probably have examples like above.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moore ran a 6.56 3-cone. Of all the guys up for the potential slot position, I wonder if trying to utilize his big frame and near elite level shiftiness there is what may serve him best in this offense. Having looked at his highlights though, I'm not sure he's played there much. If we are patient with him I'd hope he makes a jump there.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care where Moore lines up right now honestly, he just needs to show he can be utilized AT ALL. As the highest selection at his position for the Packers last year, 2 catches for 15 yards receiving is nothing short of an absolute dud. We can get that from Davis honestly with his "don't hit me or I'll die" self.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unlike the days before the internet and Social media, this happens pretty fast!

So as you hear news, of UDFA's that the Packers sign, shout it out!

So far reported signings:
  • Randy Ramsey: DL, Arkansas
  • Manny Wilkins: QB, ASU
  • Yosh Nijman: OT, VA Tech
  • Greg Roberts: DE, Baylor
  • Nate Brooks: CB, North Texas
  • Javien Hamilton: DB,Ole Miss
  • Kabion Ento: WR, Colorado
  • Curtis Bolton: LB, Oklahoma
  • Matt Eaton: WR, Iowa State
  • Davis Koppenhaver: TE, Duke
  • Larry Williams: OL, Oklahoma State

• C.J. Collins: QB, SAGU Might be just a Mini-camp invitee
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Invited to Rookie Mini-camp:
  • Devonte Williams: CB, Texas A&M Kingsville
  • Jamarius Way: WR, S. Alabama
  • Taylor Cornelius: QB, Oklahoma State University
  • Darrius Shepherd: WR, North Dakota State
  • Deion Harris : DB, North Dakota
  • Nydair Rouse: DB, West Chester University
  • Patrick Eby: LS, Columbia
Any kickers coming in? I still believe Crosby will prevail but some comp wouldn’t hurt.......

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care where Moore lines up right now honestly, he just needs to show he can be utilized AT ALL. As the highest selection at his position for the Packers last year, 2 catches for 15 yards receiving is nothing short of an absolute dud. We can get that from Davis honestly with his "don't hit me or I'll die" self.
I’m not a fan of Moore. If he was as good as his mouth he’d be All Pro....... IMO

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As you say, it's subjective. "Do something" vice "significant", to me, means guys that would have been hard to replace, either in terms of longevity or of a career year for us (like many of those on the '10 team). To be honest, I think I really am thinking more in terms of the practice squad, but both probably have examples like above.

Agreed, but I think you can go through the entire roster every year and you will find players that fit both inside and outside of that, drafted or undrafted, last year or this year. TT seemed to bank on the hope that this guy or that guy would eventually develop into a solid player, often hanging on to a player too long and to the detriment of the team. So far I see Gute being different from that and he might be taking a page out of Belichick's book and isn't afraid to say "what have you done for me lately?" If it isn't enough, won't matter if the player was a draft pick or an UDFA, their time will be over in Green Bay.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of Moore. If he was as good as his mouth he’d be All Pro....... IMO
While I understand how you are feeling, he really wasn't given much of an opportunity to prove himself last year, beyond the preseason, where yes, he looked inconsistent and probably didn't deserve regular season snaps. He was only active for 12 games, played on offense for just 6 of those games, getting only 74 offensive plays. Targeted only 3 times, 2 of those being in the last game of the year. He caught 2 of the 3 balls thrown to him.

I guess what I am trying to say, I wouldn't give up on Moore. He has the physical tools to be a pretty decent WR and he will have the entire preseason to see if he has improved his mental game. I'm cautiously optimistic that we see a completely different player this year.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moore just needs to fix his drops.

He showed that he had no issue getting open. The frustrating part was that he would then drop the ball. Whether that was concentration or a hands issue, I don't know. But the kid is a smooth route runner with great agility. I still like him.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Moore just needs to fix his drops.

He showed that he had no issue getting open. The frustrating part was that he would then drop the ball. Whether that was concentration or a hands issue, I don't know. But the kid is a smooth route runner with great agility. I still like him.

I would also add, it isn't like we haven't see this before from other WR's that turned out just fine. I can't remember how many times I cringed when I read people referring to Davante Adams as "Paddle hands".

I worry more about the guys who can't run routes, learn the playbook or get open.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I would also add, it isn't like we haven't see this before from other WR's that turned out just fine. I can't remember how many times I cringed when I read people referring to Davante Adams as "Paddle hands".

I worry more about the guys who can't run routes, learn the playbook or get open.

Moore was actually exceptional, for a 4th round rookie, is just about everything other than actually catching the football.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curtis Bolton ia my dark horse this year. I truly believe he has potential to make the roster due to his skills and special teams ability. He played well when given the chance. Had over 140 tackles (14 for loss) and 4.5 sacks. Also a special teams ace with two blocks for TD each. Needs to learn to shed blocks and bestronger at point of attack. I can see Bolton beat out Ty Summers if he performs well on special teams. Definitely rooting for the kid.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 UDFA QB's and 1 QB to rookie mini-camp. Interesting.
  • Manny Wilkins: QB, ASU
  • C.J. Collins: QB, SAGU
  • Taylor Cornelius: QB, Oklahoma State University
and....no Kickers signed.....yet hmmmmmmmm :whistling:
They have a kicker coming in for a tryout lol

Members online

Latest posts