2017 Combine - Schedule, Observations, Wish-list Candidates

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This TE is so Stacked!!!
Want a starting TE for your team? This is the year to draft him! God I hope we do, this is my Top 5 with a comparison and predicted round.
1.Oj Howard, Greg Olsen 1st
2.Bucky Hodges, Martellus Bennett, 2nd
3.Evan Engram, Jordan Reed, 2nd
4.Jake Butt, Kyle Rudolph, 3rd
5.Michael Roberts, Larry Donnell, 5th
Draft one of them TT. Also need to sign Cook, just read article saying Cook and Management aren't on same page. I like Richard Rodgers more than most but we need Cook+ a guy like Hodges or Butt!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Different positions. In the base defense, Red**** is a WILL while Willis is a SAM or a JACK.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Different positions. In the base defense, Red**** is a WILL while Willis is a SAM or a JACK.

I understand that and we need someone that can drop into coverage at WILL. Plus you can line Red**** up inside as well. He has great backside pursuit too. Willis would be a nice addition regardless but especially if Perry isn't re-signed.

Red**** would also be great for covering TE. He just offerrs so much versatility.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also need to sign Cook, just read article saying Cook and Management aren't on same page. I like Richard Rodgers more than most but we need Cook+ a guy like Hodges or Butt!
That's not good, why on earth wouldn't Cook be trying to stay? I'm starting to think Cook may be pricing himself out of GB, so TE just became a more pressing "need". OLB in 1st, Bucky Hodges in the 2nd, OLB or CB in the 3rd.

TT needs to re-sign Hyde and go get a #1 in FA (subliminal message Stephon Gilmore).

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not good, why on earth wouldn't Cook be trying to stay? I'm starting to think Cook may be pricing himself out of GB, so TE just became a more pressing "need". OLB in 1st, Bucky Hodges in the 2nd, OLB or CB in the 3rd.

TT needs to re-sign Hyde and go get a #1 in FA (subliminal message Stephon Gilmore).
I think Cook and his agent are thinking the market for Cook is higher than it is. That's just what I'm thinking.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If they don't get Cook back there in some trouble. When he got healthy is when they started winning. Without a threat like him at TE the offense goes backwards too 2015.

It feels as though the seems are coming out on this whole thing.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If the Packers resign Cook, no need to draft a TE until late. Someone like Hodges could still be there in the 5th or 6th and if not, I like Sprinkle out of Arkansas towards the end of the draft.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers resign Cook, no need to draft a TE until late. Someone like Hodges could still be there in the 5th or 6th and if not, I like Sprinkle out of Arkansas towards the end of the draft.
I highly doubt lasts that long. He won't make it out of the 2nd round and would be worth thw selection. If you want a 5th or 6th I'd take Michael Roberts over Sprinkle imo.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hopefully the Packers re-sign Jared Cook. Otherwise tight end becomes a position in need of an upgrade once again.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
T.J. Watt absolutely shredded the combine. Capped off stellar results in explosion drills with a 6.79 three cone.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.J. Watt absolutely shredded the combine. Capped off stellar results in explosion drills with a 6.79 three cone.
Agree Dantes... with his size and results he just shot-up the draft board, IMHO. There are a LOT of great options for a pass rushing OLB at 29 that position should get an upgrade.

Watt put up same or better jumping numbers as Jabril Peppers and is 5" taller and 39 lbs. heavier... really showed burst.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Watt is going to be interesting to watch on draft day. Will the Packers be able to resist the temptation if he is still on the board at 29 and if the Packers OLB situation hasn't been addressed?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If Haason Red**** is on the board at 29 there is just no way the Packers can pass on him. Too much value to pass up. They can probably get Willis in the 2nd and then Kazee in the 3rd.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Agree Dantes... with his size and results he just shot-up the draft board, IMHO. There are a LOT of great options for a pass rushing OLB at 29 that position should get an upgrade.

Watt put up same or better jumping numbers as Jabril Peppers and is 5" taller and 39 lbs. heavier... really showed burst.

Post workouts, T.J. Watt, Jordan Willis, and Tyus Bowser checked a lot of boxes for me.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Sidney Jones proving my concerns and isn't worthy of the 29 pick.

Kazee has good tape. Looked good at senior bowl and showing nice hips and ball skills at combine.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Willis kind of reminds me of Nick Perry's

He's smaller, but has similar explosion. He tests far better in agility and flexibility drills than Perry did. Perry was/is stiff and wins converting speed to power. In theory, Willis has the tools to bend the arc.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Sidney Jones proving my concerns and isn't worthy of the 29 pick.

Kazee has good tape. Looked good at senior bowl and showing nice hips and ball skills at combine.

What is Jones doing to cause concern?

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Haason Red**** is on the board at 29 there is just no way the Packers can pass on him. Too much value to pass up. They can probably get Willis in the 2nd and then Kazee in the 3rd.
Why so high on Kazee? 5'-10", 184 lbs., 11 reps at 225 and runs a 4.54 40. I already think he's off of TT's board , as is Adoree Jackson, Dez King, Corn Elder and all of the other 5'-10 guys .

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Why so high on Kazee? 5'-10", 184 lbs., 11 reps at 225 and runs a 4.54 40. I already think he's off of TT's board , as is Adoree Jackson, Dez King, Corn Elder and all of the other 5'-10 guys .

Watch him move on the field. He is very fluid. Great ball skills. Gets in and out of cuts nicely.

I think he is a great 3rd round value

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Desmond King disappointed but Myrick blew my 5th round grade out of the water. Myrick is physical too.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There are so many good players in this draft. I don't see possibly how TT can screw it up.

Members online

Latest posts