2016 Free agents

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible TT and his infinite wisdom took a look at the crop of potential free agents next year and decided that it was way better than this years? In particular the defensive free agents?

Maybe he decided to wait, put a band-aid on our defensive issues this year by keeping Clay inside and maybe resigning Raji and/or Guion, draft some pieces and then save the $ for next offseason? I highly doubt it but never say never I guess.

1. Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers:
2. Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller:
3. Chiefs outside linebacker Justin Houston:
4. Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas:
5. Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant:
6. Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones:
7. 49ers outside linebacker Aldon Smith:
8. Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner:
9. Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson:
10. Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David:
11. Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus:
12. Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith:
13. Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton:
14. Chargers safety Eric Weddle:
15. Dolphins outside linebacker Olivier Vernon:

D

Deleted member 6794

Is it possible TT and his infinite wisdom took a look at the crop of potential free agents next year and decided that it was way better than this years? In particular the defensive free agents?

Maybe he decided to wait, put a band-aid on our defensive issues this year by keeping Clay inside and maybe resigning Raji and/or Guion, draft some pieces and then save the $ for next offseason? I highly doubt it but never say never I guess.

1. Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers:
2. Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller:
3. Chiefs outside linebacker Justin Houston:
4. Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas:
5. Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant:
6. Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones:
7. 49ers outside linebacker Aldon Smith:
8. Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner:
9. Jets defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson:
10. Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David:
11. Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus:
12. Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith:
13. Colts wide receiver T.Y. Hilton:
14. Chargers safety Eric Weddle:
15. Dolphins outside linebacker Olivier Vernon:

Several of these guys will be re-signed before free agency starts next March. I'm convinced that's not the way Thompson is doing business.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several of these guys will be re-signed before free agency starts next March. I'm convinced that's not the way Thompson is doing business.

Yes, and I actually meant to say that so thank you for doing so. I know but it's the dog days of the off season, gotta have something to ponder.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Ace, while I was too lazy to search for a list, I was wondering this morning who was eligible for FA next year.
Judging from that list, we'll have to roll over a lot of cap money to not spend on them. Heh.:D

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, Ace, while I was too lazy to search for a list, I was wondering this morning who was eligible for FA next year.
Judging from that list, we'll have to roll over a lot of cap money to not spend on them. Heh.:D

Roughly $20M ought to do it right?:tup:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FA lists always look awesome until FA starts and almost everyone worth keeping is already re-signed and the others are either old, injured, on the downhill slide, or cash a check at the expense of the team.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FA lists always look awesome until FA starts and almost everyone worth keeping is already re-signed and the others are either old, injured, on the downhill slide, or cash a check at the expense of the team.

This is true. The last 'big time' guy to get to UFA and change teams was Peyton Manning, and he was 36 at the time.
Teams have gotten very good at locking up their top players over the years.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is true. The last 'big time' guy to get to UFA and change teams was Peyton Manning, and he was 36 at the time.
Teams have gotten very good at locking up their top players over the years.

I do agree but would like to point out Suh could've been considered a big time FA that switched teams but yeah they rarely hit the open market.

The name that pops out on that list is Bobby Wagner. I could see him being to expensive for the Hawks after Wilsons inks his deal. Hes a dream pick up for me for the Packers but yeah its a pipe dream

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree but would like to point out Suh could've been considered a big time FA that switched teams but yeah they rarely hit the open market.

The name that pops out on that list is Bobby Wagner. I could see him being to expensive for the Hawks after Wilsons inks his deal. Hes a dream pick up for me for the Packers but yeah its a pipe dream

In trying to think back over the years, I neglected Suh; he definitely fits the bill as a big time, big name free agent.
Everything I've been able to pick up on the Seahawks points to them not being worried about Wagner, that he's in their 'big plan' and will get locked up long term.

Members online

Latest posts