2016 Compensatory Picks announced

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
The trick is to sign a player that is a free agent because he was cut by his team. As was the case for Peppers, Woodson and Guion I believe?

Once again, Woodson was a true unrestricted free agent as he wasn't released by the Raiders before signing with the Packers.
How were Peppers or Guion restricted in any way from signing with any team? If they weren't, were they not true unrestricted free agents? I know the point your trying to make but I do not see it that way. Either you are an unrestricted free agent or not. Only time I see restricted with regards to free agent is when accrued league seniority is less than a certain value, your contract has expired, and your previous team has made a qualifying offer within certain parameters.

D

Deleted member 6794

How were Peppers or Guion restricted in any way from signing with any team? If they weren't, were they not true unrestricted free agents? I know the point your trying to make but I do not see it that way. Either you are an unrestricted free agent or not. Only time I see restricted with regards to free agent is when accrued league seniority is less than a certain value, your contract has expired, and your previous team has made a qualifying offer within certain parameters.

The only reason I brought it up was because Woodson actually figured into the formula for compensatory picks while Guion and Peppers didn't.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only if you don't understand what an example is when someone is trying to explain something.

Your example made no sense. Hey, the Packers wouldn't have gotten a compensatory pick if they signed Suh ! Good thing TT didn't sign him.

Packers could still get a 2017 compensatory pick for not signing Brock Osweiler!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Your example made no sense. Hey, the Packers wouldn't have gotten a compensatory pick if they signed Suh ! Good thing TT didn't sign him.

Packers could still get a 2017 compensatory pick for not signing Brock Osweiler!

If you want me to dumb it down for you, I can use "Player A and Player B", sorry I didn't realize using actual names would confuse you into thinking I was implying anything about the Packers and Maxwell and Knighton.

This might help explain it to you as well, but I have a feeling you will find issue somewhere with this explanation as well.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/3/23/8273251/nfl-draft-compensatory-picks-rules-explanation

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you want me to dumb it down for you, I can use "Player A and Player B", sorry I didn't realize using actual names would confuse you into thinking I was implying anything about the Packers and Maxwell and Knighton.

This might help explain it to you as well, but I have a feeling you will find issue somewhere with this explanation as well.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/3/23/8273251/nfl-draft-compensatory-picks-rules-explanation

I understand how compensatory picks work. I wasn't questioning the math. I just missed the "Packers should sign Maxwell" thread.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I understand how compensatory picks work. I wasn't questioning the math. I just missed the "Packers should sign Maxwell" thread.

Well let me know when you find it, because you were the only one implying there was. Go back and read Post #4

"2 picks we wouldn't have had if we had signed say.....Maxwell and Knighton"

If somehow you want to interpret that to be me saying we should or shouldn't have signed either of those 2 players in Free Agency last year, so that you could interject your superior wisdom, so be it.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well let me know when you find it, because you were the only one implying there was. Go back and read Post #4

"2 picks we wouldn't have had if we had signed say.....Maxwell and Knighton"

If somehow you want to interpret that to be me saying we should or shouldn't have signed either of those 2 players in Free Agency last year, so that you could interject your superior wisdom, so be it.

I wasn't interpreting, implying or interjecting anything. You brought up Maxwell, I commented on the Packers lack of need to sign Maxwell. I think you're trying too hard to make a point nobody is arguing.

I feel like I should BOLD something too!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I have learned anything on this forum, it's that you can make your arguments stronger by:
- bolding things
- saying "Period." at some point
- continually saying the same exact thing in slightly different words

Has changed my life and the way I communicate.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I have learned anything on this forum, it's that you can make your arguments stronger by:
- bolding things

I agreed with you... PERIOD!

You also forgot:
- Posting a link to a generic article
- Saying "I guess you know more than Ted Thompson"

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wasn't interpreting, implying or interjecting anything. You brought up Maxwell, I commented on the Packers lack of need to sign Maxwell. I think you're trying too hard to make a point nobody is arguing.

Actually, right out of the gate you were interpreting what I was saying incorrectly, that is what made no sense. You took it one step further by giving your own two examples (Suh and Osweiler) of situations that you felt bolstered your misinterpretation in an attempt to try and make what I said look even worse.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
- bolding things

Sometimes you have to underline and bold words when you feel that a person has clearly missed them or read them out of context.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, right out of the gate you were interpreting what I was saying incorrectly, that is what made no sense. You took it one step further by giving your own two examples (Suh and Osweiler) of situations that you felt bolstered your misinterpretation in an attempt to try and make what I said look even worse.

Here's the post that started the whole conversation: "Maxwell? Did I miss the Packers needing a $61M cornerback last year?"

I questioned the Packers need for Maxwell. No more, no less. You took it further.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Here's the post that started the whole conversation: "Maxwell? Did I miss the Packers needing a $61M cornerback last year?"

I questioned the Packers need for Maxwell. No more, no less. You took it further.

Well you quoted me in that post. Who's opinion were you questioning on the Packers need for Maxwell?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well you quoted me in that post. Who's opinion were you questioning on the Packers need for Maxwell?

I was questioning your use of Maxwell in the post (Post #28). You immediately went defensive, posting a sarcastic reply (Post 30). You could have just said Maxwell was an example for "player x" from the jump.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was questioning your use of Maxwell in the post (Post #28). You immediately went defensive, posting a sarcastic reply (Post 30). You could have just said Maxwell was an example for "player x" from the jump.

So what you are telling me is that you didn't like your initial sarcasm being responded to by sarcasm? LOL....back to the beginning, you still don't get it and was clear that you still didn't get it by posting your example of Suh and Osweiler, unless you just wanted to keep arguing?

If a teacher asked: "If you have a basket with 2 apples and a basket with 4 oranges, how many pieces of fruit do you have?" Were you the kid that responded "I hate fruit, none"?

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love how they have 3 picks in the 4th round all within like 15 picks or so.
Just very high odds TT can find another one of his 4th round comp picks that ends up being legit. I think he should take the annual WR pick with one of those. Somebody potentially legit will be in that area. Hopefully Derunnya Wilson or Cayleb Jones, maybe Tajae Sharpe. Also a rb,scatback type like Tyler Ervin or Kenyan Drake.

also think Joe Haeg will be available around here. Very raw talent who could be groomed into something nice.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

- bolding things

This actually made me laugh out loud.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what you are telling me is that you didn't like your initial sarcasm being responded to by sarcasm? LOL....back to the beginning, you still don't get it and was clear that you still didn't get it by posting your example of Suh and Osweiler, unless you just wanted to keep arguing?

If a teacher asked: "If you have a basket with 2 apples and a basket with 4 oranges, how many pieces of fruit do you have?" Were you the kid that responded "I hate fruit, none"?

Passive Aggressive Button +1 rating

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading the last page of this thread I have determined that Ted Thompson has driven some members right out of their minds.
It don't matter to me, I'm on year 10 of insanity myself.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
- bolding things

Don't forget, insist on statistics.